Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
My sister recently had her tonsils removed and is in a lot of pain. Normally this operation is done in children, who recover very quickly, but she is nearly seventeen, and woke up this morning weeping in pain. She had to be taken to the hospital and given morphine and Zofran for the pain and nausea. As it's normally my job to be the sicky in the house, having a chronic illness and all, seeing my little sister in pain is hard for me as her big brother. Unfortunately, I can't go and beat up the source of her pain like I might be tempted to for more conventional sources of pain, so I'm relegated to giving her hot chocolate cooled with ice to keep it from burning her healing throat and keeping her ice pack refreshed. I love my little sister and hope she will be no longer in pain very soon.

Also pray for my family as the house is being appraised tomorrow in hopes of refinancing the mortgage, which will make it possible to afford stuff for Leslie's school.

Gospodi Promilui,
Vasily

Emily Foster

Sep 14, 2016
Colorado Springs
✟22,409.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your love for your sister is very evident in what you shared, and it’s nice of you to seek prayer for her. I’ll be happy to pray, asking God to touch her with His healing hand and strengthen her at this time. May He also bless your family in a special way, help regarding your house situation and provide for all your needs as you trust in Him.

Reactions: sculleywr
Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My sister recently had her tonsils removed and is in a lot of pain. Normally this operation is done in children, who recover very quickly, but she is nearly seventeen, and woke up this morning weeping in pain. She had to be taken to the hospital and given morphine and Zofran for the pain and nausea. As it's normally my job to be the sicky in the house, having a chronic illness and all, seeing my little sister in pain is hard for me as her big brother. Unfortunately, I can't go and beat up the source of her pain like I might be tempted to for more conventional sources of pain, so I'm relegated to giving her hot chocolate cooled with ice to keep it from burning her healing throat and keeping her ice pack refreshed. I love my little sister and hope she will be no longer in pain very soon.

Also pray for my family as the house is being appraised tomorrow in hopes of refinancing the mortgage, which will make it possible to afford stuff for Leslie's school.

Gospodi Promilui,
Vasily
I will pray for her and for your whole family as well. It's funny because I used to get strep throat all the time when I was younger and the doctor said that if I would've gotten it one more time than my tonsils would have had to come out and thankfully I haven't had it since. I will keep your family in my prayers and just remember that all things are possible with God.

Upvote 0

sculleywr

Orthodox Colitis Survivor
Jul 23, 2011
Starke, FL
✟22,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
*Update*

Leslie's surgery was successful, but it is especially hard on her, being almost 18. She's still unable to eat anything aside from popsicles, and she's on percocet in liquid form. The appraisal guy came and we are now awaiting the final decision.

In the meantime, we spend time together listening to scary stories on youtube, which is actually a lot more fun than it sounds, and it's the right time of year for spooky stories, though very few of them actually have anything paranormal in them. It's apparently relaxing for her. Don't ask me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums