Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's not related to this which that was a reply for: "Do you REALLY, DEEP down think GOD would allow someone to pervert his word? If that was the case, many Christians would be preaching lies. Do you REALLY think God would allow this? I don't think so. God allows our free-will and sin to ruin this world, but I highly doubt he'd allow it to pervert his word."

Every time some group has done something strange with a supposed religious basis, they've "perverted God's word".

Yes it is related. Its related because your saying there was no word "homosexual" If thats not the word God wanted to use, do you think God would allow it to be in the interpreted Bible? If so, you're questioning the Bible. Where do you start? Where do you stop? If one word could have been misinterpreted than everything could of. What do you base your faith on? If you live by this, EVERYTHING is worth second guessing. Your second guessing The Bible. Thats a slippery slope to stand on. If your faith is in Christ look how Christ himself used Scripture to defeat Satan's temptation in the wilderness. This proves the power of scripture. It is unflawed.

God allows all kinds of things. God does nothing to stop cults which sexually assault children. God allows scripture to be used as justification for official murder and other evils. It has nothing to do with the basis of scripture; it is a FACT that these things occur. God allowed Russian Orthodox "Old Believers" to commit mass suicide and murder of children along with their suicidal parents. God allowed the Holocaust to occur. To think when he did not intervene in these things but that he would somehow stop certain belief systems from being adopted is plain silly.

Not related to my comment.
Yes it is. You are saying it wouldn't matter if Jesus was homosexual. Jesus didn't sin, therefore he wasn't gay.

This does not follow.

You may be unaware of this, but to be gay does not mean to have sex, even if you do believe the dubious proposition that to be gay is to sin.

There are other sins involved with homosexuality than just sex.

And these are?

So you are prejudiced.

LOL. Did you read my comment. We need to show love to the homosexual to help them. When telling someone their wrong in a loving way is prejudiced, I can't imagine what doing something bad is.

None in the antigay faction have acted from love.

The 'countless' verses amount to seven and they're all ambiguous.

Seven verses is much more than other sins that aren't nearly as controversial. And when The Bible clearly states "It is detestable to The Lord" thats not ambiguous.

What the antecedent to "it" is there is quite ambiguous.

You're earthly ideas and beliefs are overcoming your love for God in this particular subject. You are acting quite naive.

Hardly. You are certainly unqualified to make such a judgment.

There's no light in the promotion of hatred against LGBTs.

I like how you automatically label me as an hater. I've shown countless homosexuals love.

By seeking policies which harm them? That's an odd way to show love.

Again, God loves murderers, yet that doesn't make murder ok. God loves homosexuals, yet homosexuality is still wrong. Its a sin. I show them Love I don't show them hostility. In fact, I had a pretty good friend from church who was gay. Through the power of prayer he has cleaned up his life. He's now happily married to his wife and has 4 children.

Attempting to generalize from the anecdotal to society at large often fails and this is no exception.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There's no debate on YHWH's stance on homosexual lust.

On that there's plenty of debate.

It is only because of Christian mercy that homosexuals are not put to death by govt. authorities.

No, that is because such an atrocity is abhorent to most including most Christians.

People guilty of homosexual acts are put to death in countries like Iran, which is why their president can say there are no homosexuals in Iran without contradiction in that country.

Oh, he gets plenty of contradiction in his own country on that. His regime is only propped up by force.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's a great link. I especially love the part about Jesus. And he makes a great point. If Jesus thought homosexuality was okay and the old laws needed to be changed, he would have said so.

What did he say about travel by airliner?

Upvote 0

Oddi725

Mar 9, 2010
✟7,742.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
God allows all kinds of things. God does nothing to stop cults which sexually assault children. God allows scripture to be used as justification for official murder and other evils. It has nothing to do with the basis of scripture; it is a FACT that these things occur. God allowed Russian Orthodox "Old Believers" to commit mass suicide and murder of children along with their suicidal parents. God allowed the Holocaust to occur. To think when he did not intervene in these things but that he would somehow stop certain belief systems from being adopted is plain silly.

NONE OF THOSE THINGS ARE IN THE BIBLE! You are questioning words IN THE BIBLE!

This does not follow.

Jesus did not sin. If you can't get over this, how are you saved?

And these are?

Lust, Adultery. Romans 1: 26-27 "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

..... Sorry to disappoint you, but the majority of Christians are not the "God Hates [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]" people, yet the majority are against homosexuality because The Bible clearly states homosexuality is a sin. Sin is NOT okay. I can be against homosexuality without hating the homosexual.

Here, let me quote it for you. Leviticus 18:22:"'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." That's pretty straightforward.

Um..........what? I'm against them being married. How is that harming them? Because if not allowing a man to marry another man is harmful, than Jesus himself harmed them. Jesus himself stated marriage is between Male and Female.
Mark 10:6-9: "But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,and the two will become one flesh.So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

Attempting to generalize from the anecdotal to society at large often fails and this is no exception.

So your telling me you condone sin. Because Christ loves us all, we can sin. Thats what your saying. Because God loves us all, we should not worry about sin in this world because there is nothing wrong with it. Because Christ loves Hitler, his sins are okay. That's EXACTLY what you are saying. The facts are: The Bible states multiple times homosexuality is a sin. BUT for whatever reason you ignore this. I agree we should show love to everyone, but that doesn't make sins okay. God loves me, but that doesn't make my sins okay. We are all sinners. God loves us all. We should all repent from our sins. That INCLUDES homosexuals.

Upvote 0

Oddi725

Mar 9, 2010
✟7,742.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What did he say about travel by airliner?

Good one....

Jesus spoke about Marriage without even a murmur about homosexual relations.
Mark 10:6-9: "But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife,and the two will become one flesh.So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."

Jesus would have acknowledged homosexual relationships and marriage if there was nothing wrong with it, but as he said "God made them male and female". Once again, you are proven wrong by The Scriptures.

Upvote 0

Oddi725

Mar 9, 2010
✟7,742.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
On that there's plenty of debate.

No, that is because such an atrocity is abhorent to most including most Christians.

1. There's plenty of debate because people are offended by God's word. When you are offended by God's Word, its time to change your life. These Scriptures aren't nearly as "ambiguous" as you claim, if at all.

2. All Sin is Punishable by Death. Its because of Christ's death and resurrection we aren't all executed for our sins, which includes everything from adultery, murder, lying, ex. And yes, homosexuality.

Upvote 0

one11

Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,395.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The issue is whetehr or not some things constitute sin; being LGBT does not.

Why wouldn't bi be a sin? If one keeps switching ac/dc it would lead to adultery or lasciviousness.

Also, Elton John might be transgendered in his mind?

On a recent TV show a woman singer was explaining how much "she enjoyed being a girl". Then John quipped "so do I." (meaning he enjoyed being a girl.)

He (John) might be a little senile.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

NONE OF THOSE THINGS ARE IN THE BIBLE! You are questioning words IN THE BIBLE!

The issue was about whether or not God allows "perversion" of his word, not about what was in the Bible. Of course, if someone is doing such a poor job of claiming god does not "allow" other beliefs besides the politically correct one, implying someone else said something she didn't can seem reasonable.

I never said such things were in the Bible. Red herring.

This does not follow.

Jesus did not sin. If you can't get over this, how are you saved?

I never said he did. To claim I did is to bear false witness against me.

And these are?

Lust, Adultery. Romans 1: 26-27 "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. 27In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

Ah. This passage is proof positive what is being discussed here has no relationship at all to what is called homosexuality today because what it describes is nothing like what we know homosexuality is. Thank you.

..... Sorry to disappoint you, but the majority of Christians are not the "God Hates [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]" people, yet the majority are against homosexuality because The Bible clearly states homosexuality is a sin. Sin is NOT okay. I can be against homosexuality without hating the homosexual.

Not while supporting policies which harm them.

Here, let me quote it for you. Leviticus 18:22:"'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." That's pretty straightforward.

Since men and women are diferent anatomically it is entirely ambiguous because it describes something which cannot exist. It certainly does not refer to what is called homosexuality today.

Um..........what? I'm against them being married. How is that harming them?

Oh, but marrying two women is okay then? It denies the benefits of marriage to them for no other purpose than sheer unadulterated hatred.

Because if not allowing a man to marry another man is harmful, than Jesus himself harmed them.

Jesus himself stated marriage is between Male and Female.

He merely here described his culture; this does not address what we call homosexuality today. it is literally grasping at straws, as well as an offensive exploitation of Christ to promote harm to others to claim this refers to homosexuality at all.

So your telling me you condone sin. Because Christ loves us all, we can sin. Thats what your saying. Because God loves us all, we should not worry about sin in this world because there is nothing wrong with it. Because Christ loves Hitler, his sins are okay. That's EXACTLY what you are saying. The facts are: The Bible states multiple times homosexuality is a sin. BUT for whatever reason you ignore this. I agree we should show love to everyone, but that doesn't make sins okay. God loves me, but that doesn't make my sins okay. We are all sinners. God loves us all. We should all repent from our sins. That INCLUDES homosexuals.

Homosexuals commit no sins whatsoever by being homosexuals and by being in same gender relationships. The above screed, accusing me of saying things which I did not say, utterly fails because all it is is empty implications and cruel illogical noise employed to mask the complete lack of an argument.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Good one....

Jesus spoke about Marriage without even a murmur about homosexual relations.

Jesus would have acknowledged homosexual relationships and marriage if there was nothing wrong with it, but as he said "God made them male and female". Once again, you are proven wrong by The Scriptures.

To say "Jesus would have done X" is an extremely weak argument because the person saying so has no evidence of such; it is merely an opinion based on nothing but an emotion and no more valid than the opposite assertion that if Jesus was here in the flesh right now he'd have officiated at Mexico City's first same sex marriages.

Now all three national capitals in the major North American nations (Ottowa, Washington, D.C., and Mexico City) all perform same sex marriages to their everlasting credit. Wonderful news this is!

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
1. There's plenty of debate because people are offended by God's word.

That's certainly not the only reason there's debate and the implication it is is most unfortunate and clearly indicative of desperation.

When you are offended by God's Word, its time to change your life. These Scriptures aren't nearly as "ambiguous" as you claim, if at all.

They are entirely ambiguous as the weak arguments you offer for your prejudicial interpretation clearly shows.

2. All Sin is Punishable by Death. Its because of Christ's death and resurrection we aren't all executed for our sins, which includes everything from adultery, murder, lying, ex. And yes, homosexuality.

There is no sin whatsoever implied by homosexuality at all.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Why wouldn't bi be a sin? If one keeps switching ac/dc it would lead to adultery or lasciviousness.

No but being promiscuous would. There's no reason to equate bisexuality and promiscuity. Different animal.

But even then it's nothing to go beating people up over.

Upvote 0

Oddi725

Mar 9, 2010
✟7,742.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The issue was about whether or not God allows "perversion" of his word, not about what was in the Bible. Of course, if someone is doing such a poor job of claiming god does not "allow" other beliefs besides the politically correct one, implying someone else said something she didn't can seem reasonable.

Yes you did. You said the word "homosexual" in Corinthians meant "Male Prostitutes" even though Male prostitutes is mentioned right before.

You said he didn't have to be celibate and he could have been gay.

Ah. This passage is proof positive what is being discussed here has no relationship at all to what is called homosexuality today because what it describes is nothing like what we know homosexuality is. Thank you.

How? Homosexuality is a man in sexual relations with a man and a women in sexual relations with a women.

Not allowing someone to marry does no physical harm.

Since men and women are diferent anatomically it is entirely ambiguous because it describes something which cannot exist. It certainly does not refer to what is called homosexuality today.

How'd homosexuality change? It didn't.

Oh, but marrying two women is okay then? It denies the benefits of marriage to them for no other purpose than sheer unadulterated hatred.

Same sex's shouldn't get married. Its against God. Calling God's word hatred. You are a great Christian. *rolls eyes*

He merely here described his culture; this does not address what we call homosexuality today. it is literally grasping at straws, as well as an offensive exploitation of Christ to promote harm to others to claim this refers to homosexuality at all.

There you go with that word again. Harm. I'm not harming anyone. I'm condemning sin. If you're not, you might want to strengthen your relationship with Christ.

Homosexuals commit no sins whatsoever by being homosexuals and by being in same gender relationships. The above screed, accusing me of saying things which I did not say, utterly fails because all it is is empty implications and cruel illogical noise employed to mask the complete lack of an argument.

Lack of an argument? LOL Too bad every mention of homosexuality in The Bible is negative. Its clearly against God. If homosexuality was perfectly okay, Someone in The Bible would have mentioned it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Since you don't quote, I had to redo this:

Yes you did. You said the word "homosexual" in Corinthians meant "Male Prostitutes" even though Male prostitutes is mentioned right before.

That wasn't me, though it is true.

You said he didn't have to be celibate and he could have been gay.

Exactly. Thank you for pointing that out and showing how I was right.

How? Homosexuality is a man in sexual relations with a man and a women in sexual relations with a women.

It most definitely is not. Sex is a small part of life. Some have obsessions with it but most of these are heterosexual. Homosexuality has nothing to do with when or how people have sex; it's who one loves. The assertion otherwise is a blatant ignorance.

Not allowing someone to marry does no physical harm.

There are other types of harm besides physical but it is good you mention that because the blood of murdered LGBTs is on the hands of those who spew hatred against them from pulpits and here and elsewhere.

How'd homosexuality change? It didn't.

Our understanding of it has changed considerably. We didn't even have the word until Kraft-Ebbing coined it in the 19th century.

Same sex's shouldn't get married. Its against God.

You of course have no way whatsoever of knowing that. the above is merely your opinion and as such is quite uninformed.

Calling God's word hatred.

If you are claiming I did, you are bearing false witness against me.

You are a great Christian. *rolls eyes*

That'd be kind of like being a great blonde. In Christ there is no east or west, and certainly no great and no ungreat.

There you go with that word again. Harm. I'm not harming anyone. I'm condemning sin.

You are not, but if you were, you are of course totally unqualified to do so because you don't know what is sin and what is not and want to be able to determine that on the basis of your prejudices. But in your advocacy you seriously harm LGBT folk and their families. People lose custody of their kids, their jobs, their housing, etc. due to advocacies such as yours.

If you're not, you might want to strengthen your relationship with Christ.

My relationship with Christ is between him and I; you and all other humans possess no authority whatsoever over me and the attempt to assert such is unconscienceable.

Lack of an argument? LOL Too bad every mention of homosexuality in The Bible is negative. Its clearly against God. If homosexuality was perfectly okay, Someone in The Bible would have mentioned it.

Homosexuality as we know it today did not get mentioned there. Your last serntence does not follow.

Besides, Christ healed the centurion's slave (e.g., male sex partner) and praised the centurion for his love in Matthew 8, and Phillip converted the eunuch (e.g., man with crushed testicles/effeminate man) in Acts 8 so your assertion fails, as usual.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oddi725

Mar 9, 2010
✟7,742.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Since you don't quote, I had to redo this:

That wasn't me, though it is true.

Where do you stop? lol. If that 1 word is wrong, than anything in The Bible could be wrong. You're questioning The Bible, God's word.

You are not right. If Jesus was either of those things, he'd be a sinner.

It most definitely is not. Sex is a small part of life. Some have obsessions with it but most of these are heterosexual. Homosexuality has nothing to do with when or how people have sex; it's who one loves. The assertion otherwise is a blatant ignorance.

Hmm.... HomoSEXual. its about being SEXually attractive to the same sex.

There are other types of harm besides physical but it is good you mention that because the blood of murdered LGBTs is on the hands of those who spew hatred against them from pulpits and here and elsewhere.

Yah, and I'm not condoning physical harm on them. I'm not condoning their lifestyle either. You can't comprehend this. I've been stating this since post 1.

Our understanding of it has changed considerably. We didn't even have the word until Kraft-Ebbing coined it in the 19th century.

Yet we knew that same-sex relations was wrong from The Bible. Sorry, Your throwing out verses you don't agree with.

You of course have no way whatsoever of knowing that. the above is merely your opinion and as such is quite uninformed.

The Bible states its a sin.
1. God lists "homosexual offenders" among "the wicked" (1 Corinthians 6:9).

2. God lists "homosexual offenders" among those who He determines will "not inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9).

3. Historically, homosexuality has incurred God's destructive wrath upon an entire city (Gen. 19:4-5, 11-13).

4. God's word defines the men of Sodom as "sinning greatly" because of their men having sex with men (Genesis 13:13; 19:5).

5. God calls Sodom's sin "sexual perversion" (Jude 1:7). Societies that remain in perversion (Sodom, Rome...) are on the road to destruction.

6. God's word identifies husband-wife relations as "natural relations" and homosexual relations as "unnatural ones" (Romans 1:26-27) and "perversion" (vs. 27).

7. God's word also rebukes those who "approve of those who practice" homosexuality (Romans 1:32).

8. Jesus settled the marriage issue once for all, declaring that God had made them "male and female ... a man ... [and] his wife" (Matthew 19:4-5).

Well you said "It denies the benefits of marriage to them for no other purpose than sheer unadulterated hatred. "
Jesus said the Male and the Female were to be married. Man and women. So Judging by your previous comments, I'd assume you think parts of The Bible are hate speech.

That'd be kind of like being a great blonde. In Christ there is no east or west, and certainly no great and no ungreat.

It's called sarcasm.

You are not, but if you were, you are of course totally unqualified to do so because you don't know what is sin and what is not and want to be able to determine that on the basis of your prejudices. But in your advocacy you seriously harm LGBT folk and their families. People lose custody of their kids, their jobs, their housing, etc. due to advocacies such as yours.

The Bible tells us what is and what isn't sin. If they lose custody of their kids because their homosexuals, that means they were probably married hetero before and that means they committed Adultery, another sin. Not to mention studies have been shown and kids with same-sex parents are messed up.
Social scientific journals are now presenting unbiased research revealing kids who are reared in same-sex marriages experience the following:
1.Poorer physical health
2.Poorer emotional health
3.Increased risks of suffering physical abuse
4. poorer school performance
5. lower self-confidence
6. less compassion for others
7. less respect for women(this includes kids raised by Lesbians and Gays)
8. High rates of criminal behavior
9. higher sexual experimentation
10. earlier onset of sexual experimentation.

My relationship with Christ is between him and I; you and all other humans possess no authority whatsoever over me and the attempt to assert such is unconscienceable.

If you look at life that way, there is no point in spreading Christ's word, because we shouldn't tell people how their relationship with God should be.

Homosexuality as we know it today did not get mentioned there. Your last serntence does not follow.

Besides, Christ healed the centurion's slave (e.g., male sex partner) and praised the centurion for his love in Matthew 8, and Phillip converted the eunuch (e.g., man with crushed testicles/effeminate man) in Acts 8 so your assertion fails, as usual

1. Jesus loves everyone. Everyone's a sinner. Therefore Jesus loves sinners. That doesn't make it okay to sin. Also Jesus praises the centurion for his faith. As I've continued to say, I don't condone showing hate to homosexuals. I don't condone their sin either. Either did Jesus. Jesus is God. He's the Same God what created marriage between Mana and women in Genesis. He's the Same God who told his people that man should not lay with man as a women in Leviticus. He's the Same God who through Paul, told us that homosexual offenders shall not inherit the kingdom of God. God never changes.

2.Phillip converting a eunuch has nothing to do with this.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Where do you stop? lol. If that 1 word is wrong, than anything in The Bible could be wrong. You're questioning The Bible, God's word.

Not me. But throughout history people all over have made up doctrine. Look at the rapture.

You are not right. If Jesus was either of those things, he'd be a sinner.

That does not follow.

Hmm.... HomoSEXual. its about being SEXually attractive to the same sex.

Which is why homophile is more accurate. Thank you.

Yah, and I'm not condoning physical harm on them. I'm not condoning their lifestyle either. You can't comprehend this. I've been stating this since post 1.

Inaccurately since then.

Yet we knew that same-sex relations was wrong from The Bible. Sorry, Your throwing out verses you don't agree with.

Just like you throw out Galatians 3:28.

The Bible states its a sin.

It does not.

1. God lists "homosexual offenders" among "the wicked" (1 Corinthians 6:9).

2. God lists "homosexual offenders" among those who He determines will "not inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9).

Not the same thing.

3. Historically, homosexuality has incurred God's destructive wrath upon an entire city (Gen. 19:4-5, 11-13).

4. God's word defines the men of Sodom as "sinning greatly" because of their men having sex with men (Genesis 13:13; 19:5).

Not according to Ezekiel 16:49.

5. God calls Sodom's sin "sexual perversion" (Jude 1:7). Societies that remain in perversion (Sodom, Rome...) are on the road to destruction.

Rome fell for many reasons. Sexuality was not one of them. The Jude passage does not quote God.

6. God's word identifies husband-wife relations as "natural relations" and homosexual relations as "unnatural ones" (Romans 1:26-27) and "perversion" (vs. 27).

Not the same thing.

7. God's word also rebukes those who "approve of those who practice" homosexuality (Romans 1:32).

Out of context and not referring to the same thing.

8. Jesus settled the marriage issue once for all, declaring that God had made them "male and female ... a man ... [and] his wife" (Matthew 19:4-5).

No, in that, he only described his culture.

Well you said "It denies the benefits of marriage to them for no other purpose than sheer unadulterated hatred. "
Jesus said the Male and the Female were to be married. Man and women. So Judging by your previous comments, I'd assume you think parts of The Bible are hate speech.

Not by the Bible, but used as weapons to harm others in contrast to the meaning of the text.

It's called sarcasm.

How "Christian".

The Bible tells us what is and what isn't sin. If they lose custody of their kids because their homosexuals, that means they were probably married hetero before and that means they committed Adultery, another sin.

Not necessarily. LGBTs have kids in many other contexts.

Not to mention studies have been shown and kids with same-sex parents are messed up.
Social scientific journals are now presenting unbiased research revealing kids who are reared in same-sex marriages experience the following:
1.Poorer physical health
2.Poorer emotional health
3.Increased risks of suffering physical abuse
4. poorer school performance
5. lower self-confidence
6. less compassion for others
7. less respect for women(this includes kids raised by Lesbians and Gays)
8. High rates of criminal behavior
9. higher sexual experimentation
10. earlier onset of sexual experimentation.

All debunked propaganda from hate groups.

If you look at life that way, there is no point in spreading Christ's word, because we shouldn't tell people how their relationship with God should be.

Does not follow.

Besides, Christ healed the centurion's slave (e.g., male sex partner) and praised the centurion for his love in Matthew 8, and Phillip converted the eunuch (e.g., man with crushed testicles/effeminate man) in Acts 8 so your assertion fails, as usual

1. Jesus loves everyone. Everyone's a sinner. Therefore Jesus loves sinners. That doesn't make it okay to sin. Also Jesus praises the centurion for his faith. As I've continued to say, I don't condone showing hate to homosexuals. I don't condone their sin either. Either did Jesus. Jesus is God. He's the Same God what created marriage between Mana and women in Genesis. He's the Same God who told his people that man should not lay with man as a women in Leviticus. He's the Same God who through Paul, told us that homosexual offenders shall not inherit the kingdom of God. God never changes.

2.Phillip converting a eunuch has nothing to do with this.

False. Marriage is an entirely human institution.

Reactions: lux et lex
Upvote 0

spidergains

Aug 23, 2008
✟922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Elton John has disclosed that a former lover threw himself to his death under a passing lorry because he could not reconcile his homosexuality with his Christian beliefs.

Elton John's lame attempt to do so won't bring his lover back, nor will it bring homosexuals to Christ.

Jesus replied,
“I tell you the truth, unless you are born again, you cannot see the Kingdom of God.” John 3:3

John 3:6 Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life. 7 So don’t be surprised when I say, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it wants. Just as you can hear the wind but can’t tell where it comes from or where it is going, so you can’t explain how people are born of the Spirit.”

Upvote 0

Oddi725

Mar 9, 2010
✟7,742.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
[QUOTE=Texas Lynn Not me. But throughout history people all over have made up doctrine. Look at the rapture.

You Mean Revelations? Thats in The Bible broha

That does not follow.

Jesus didn't sin. Simple as that. He was born without sex. Jesus and any sex don't go together. Jesus didn't sin.

Which is why homophile is more accurate. Thank you.

Sexual relations between two of the same sex is against God. Its all throughout the Bible.

Inaccurately since then.

Please explain how showing someone love, while still condemning sin is wrong. Our God is loving and Just God. He does punish those who need to be punished.

Just like you throw out Galatians 3:28.
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. God made them "male" and female". Those are direct words from Christ. On earth we are to keep the sanctity of marriage between "male" "female". Galatians 3:28 has nothing to do with that. Its saying how we are equal. Jesus loves us all. He does not look down on anyone. That doesn't mean we are all perfect. We are ALL sinners. Just because Jesus loves us, doesn't mean we can go about sinning. I have said from post 1, Jesus loves the homosexual. He loves them as anyone. We are all sinners. We are all God's children. That doesn't make what we do Ok. In fact Galatians 3:28 further proves my point. Because there is no parity in the Lord, he loves us as much as Hitler. Does that make it okay what Hitler did? No. Does it make it okay for me to sin? no. Homosexuality is just another sin that we need to cleanse ourselves of.

It does not.

Do you read everything literal?

Not the same thing.

Yes it is.

Not according to Ezekiel 16:49.

Where does it say that thats the only sin Sodom and Gomorra committed? Its been pretty clear from day 1, those people did just about everything wrong.

Rome fell for many reasons. Sexuality was not one of them. The Jude passage does not quote God.

All The Bible is God's word. If not, then why did Jesus himself use Scripture to defeat Satan's temptation?

Not the same thing.

Yes it is. Sex=sin unless in marriage. Marriage is between male and female according to God. Therefore anything outside of that is sin.

Out of context and not referring to the same thing.

Your scratching for anything. lol How is it not the same thing? If the only sex that is not sinful is in marriage, and Christ describes marriage between "Male" and "Female" than there is no other sex that is acceptable. End of Story.

unsinful No, in that, he only described his culture.

Where is your faith? If you believe Jesus "described his culture" why do you live by his teachings? The Bible is not about describing to culture. Its about living for God. God never changes, therefore living by him never changes. There is nothing in The Bible which is "outdated due to culture"

Not by the Bible, but used as weapons to harm others in contrast to the meaning of the text.

And the meaning of the text is "homosexuality is a sin". plain and simple.

How "Christian".

Pulling sarcasm on me now. fun.

Not necessarily. LGBTs have kids in many other contexts.

Go ahead an explain this one. If you mean by teachers or godchildren, I dunno. Either way, its only harming the children.

All debunked propaganda from hate groups.

I actually found all of that information from a highly liberal science magazine. In fact the title of the article was "Maybe We Were Wrong". It pained these people to admit the sinful lifestyles they were campaigning for were just that, sin.

Does not follow.

I'm saying if you are afraid of questioning one's relationship with God, how can you spread the good news of Christ? The Bible teaches us not to Judge, and we should not assume one way or the other, but based on ones actions and beliefs, if they aren't living a Christ fulfilled life, it is our job as Christians to spread the Good news to them.

False. Marriage is an entirely human institution.

I'm sorry. Its in the first few pages of The Bible.

"And the Lord God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him'" (Gen. 2:18).
"Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. And Adam said:
'This is now bone of my bone
And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man.'
Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh." (Gen. 2:22-24)

I'm sorry, if your looking for direct quotes in The Bible that say "God institutes marriage" or "God is against this" or "God is against that", I pray you gain wisdom. Jesus himself used parables and very rarely straight told the people exactly what he meant by it. Mattew 13: 10-17
10And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?

11He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

17For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.