Sir Elton John claims Jesus was gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lovely Lane

Sexual orientation doesn't matter much to me so I don't see this as being an issue. I don't think he actually was gay...but I'd laugh all the way to the bank after seeing the look on some conservative faces if he was.

I think I understand your point of sexual orientation idea, but my opinion of some one blatantly blasphemes Christ is absolutely ridiculous and should be held accountable.

No one pokes fun or blasphemes Mohammad without an outcry by His follower's. And again, the Jew's will not stand silent when they are offended either. IMO, it's way past time for all follower's of Christ to stand up and be recognized that it is not ok to belittle our faith. just saying:)

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think I understand your point of sexual orientation idea, but my opinion of some one blatantly blasphemes Christ is absolutely ridiculous and should be held accountable.

No one pokes fun or blasphemes Mohammad without an outcry by His follower's. And again, the Jew's will not stand silent when they are offended either. IMO, it's way past time for all follower's of Christ to stand up and be recognized that it is not ok to belittle our faith. just saying:)
how is what elton john said blasphemy?

Upvote 0

AlAyeti

Just a guy
Jan 14, 2010
✟16,354.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Elton, 62, declares as he pours out his heart to a magazine: "I think Jesus was a compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems."
who would have thunk it ?

What we would expect from a man like Elton John.

No big deal his opinion.

Move on.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

I don't understand how suggesting that someone is gay constitutes either "blasphemy" or "poking fun" at them.

Upvote 0

norswede

Jun 9, 2009
✟8,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Sorry Ishida, I didn't understand your remarks. Can you explain them to me?

I don't believe that to be true either. Jeus was not without temptation. He just proved that with the power of the Holy Spirit, we can resist temptation and live a godly life.

Upvote 0
P

ParanoidAndroid

Oh joy, yet another pro-gay celebrity giving uninformed opinions about who Jesus was.

Granted, from the Bible itself it is impossible to say for 100% certain whether Jesus was gay or not, isn't it funny that the only people advocating that he was gay belong to the gay community (or at the least throw their full weight behind the gay movement). Wouldn't it be great if that just once... JUST ONCE..... someone who didn't have a pro-gay agenda actually agreed with the consensus that has stood for the past 2000 years (more than, if you include the pre-Jesus Hebrew views on this)

Funny thing as I see it - the regular Joe Blogg on the street is more likely to believe this than they are an actual issue about Jesus, simply because this is more news-worthy. I recall a newspaper article written about five years ago now with the headline "JESUS WAS GAY". Of course, the newspapers never really did make it clear that the person making such a claim had no background in ancient history, was only a Philosophy pre-graduate student, and was also gay himself.......

As Sketch House would put it..... "NOTHING SUSS".....

~ PA

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.