Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Today at 03:54 PM sklippstein said this in Post #18 (http://www.christianforums.com/showthread.php?postid=687820#post687820)

I'll have to respond to this after i have a good cry Reform..........sorry bro?  DO Y"ALL look at the pink?  Ur the 3rd person to call me bro or him.... :cry: :cry: 

Is it the name that y'all think i'm male?  do i need to change it?

Maybe you need breast enhancement surgery?

/me ducks and runs.

Upvote 0

OLDoMiNiON

Feb 20, 2003
The North!
Visit site
✟8,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
LOL, "ya'll" are funny ;)

I think the sinners prayer is just a set of sentances that are sure to cover everything that you need to say, or simply think sincerely to be saved.

Simply accept that Jesus Christ is who the Holy Bible says He is; Almighty God in the Flesh.
That He died for you, rose from the dead, and be willing to turn away from your sins, and follow Him.

Trusting God's Word is what counts:

God promises:

If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in your HEART that God raised him from the dead, you will be SAVED.
For it is with your heart that you believe, and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are SAVED.
Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.
Romans 10:9-10

Do what God says you must do to be saved.

1) Believe in your heart that God's Son, Jesus Christ is alive today, risen from the dead. And that He died for you.
2) Trust that Jesus is Almighty God in the Flesh as God's Word declares. Jn. 12:41+45; Is. 6:5; Jn. 1:1+14; Rev. 1:8, Rev 22:13+16; Is. 48:12; Lk. 6:5
3) Confess it, say it, tell it.
4) Call on Him to save you.

The sinners prayer is just a way to say this, but aslong as you say the above, and really mean it, you will be saved.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Today at 05:04 PM Reformationist said this in Post #29

Umm...how do you define "a work" or "works" Terri?

God bless

:wave: Reformationist,

I was replying to Max's statement so, my definition in that case was works unto salvation (something you have to do to be saved). :)

Is that what you were asking--or did I misunderstand? [of course that has only happened once in my life! :D ]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today at 03:34 PM Terri said this in Post #30

:wave: Reformationist,

I was replying to Max's statement so, my definition in that case was works unto salvation (something you have to do to be saved). :)

Is that what you were asking--or did I misunderstand? [of course that has only happened once in my life! :D ]

Basically I was just asking what your definition of a work is since you didn't think prayer was a work.  Or did I misunderstand? (this would be the first time for me :D)

God bless,

don

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Today at 06:14 PM Br. Max said this in Post #33

Terri: A prayer can be works yes if it becomes an action which EARNS you salvation. 

:wave: Max,

So did you ever ask God to save you (to have mercy on you--a poor pitiful sinner)?  If you did, was that a work? 

Not trying to nit-pick.  Just trying to understand your position.
:)

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Today at 06:06 PM Reformationist said this in Post #31

Basically I was just asking what your definition of a work is since you didn't think prayer was a work.  Or did I misunderstand? (this would be the first time for me :D)

God bless,

don

So, don't leave me hanging. 

Do you approve of my definition or do you have a better one?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Job_38

<font size="1"> In perfect orbit they have circled
Jul 24, 2002
✟2,013.00
Today at 12:25 AM Terri said this in Post #34

So did you ever ask God to save you (to have mercy on you--a poor pitiful sinner)?&nbsp; If you did, was that a work?&nbsp;

Not trying to nit-pick.&nbsp; Just trying to understand your position.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;But it was God who gave me the ability to do this. My salvation came before my vocal action.

Upvote 0

chelcb

'Totus tuus'
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟2,163.00
Today at 06:25 PM Terri said this in Post #34

So did you ever ask God to save you (to have mercy on you--a poor pitiful sinner)?&nbsp; If you did, was that a work?&nbsp;

Not trying to nit-pick.&nbsp; Just trying to understand your position.

Does the bible say that -&nbsp;that is all it takes?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.