Sinners! Does liberty exist (for you) without confession?

Best friend

Aug 10, 2015
✟8,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not to be annoying, but I was deliberately playing Devil's advocate for the purpose of evoking a conviction.

Would you have liberty (one way or the other _____) if you did not confess _____ _____?

How much a servant of the Devil or sin, would you be (give or take reason _____ _____ _____)?
Again you are not clear,
Put forth a scenario, and
Then ask the question

Upvote 0
Aug 8, 2015
California
✟8,050.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
All sin separates us from God; therefore, if we as Christians are to experience the full glory of God, we must repent for all of the sins we have committed. Repentance is less about determining which of our particular sins is worse than another, and more about our state of heart and our intent. No one has a perfect heart or perfect behavior, but by the grace of God, He sent us His Son to provide a way for us imperfect, flawed, stubborn, and broken people.

Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Hi there,

I want your opinion on this:

Does liberty exist (for anyone) without confession?

For example, if I murder someone and lie about the murder, but then I confess the lie, is there liberty in the murder, because of the confession of the lie (since the two are related)?

Thanks for your thoughts.

It's unclear to me what you mean by "liberty".

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Forgive me for being harsh - I mistook what I was to read, because of the linking of the pages.

I think actually my brothers that you have answered well, that it is conviction of the Holy Spirit we should have (not our own).

The liberty I spoke of, was basically in reference to freedom not to sin the same sin - if we repented and were guilty in the next moment of the same thing, our own conscience would tell us something was wrong.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I am having trouble thinking about this subject creatively, please brothers, offer a reply.
Up to this post, things are sort of mixed up, gently so. (i.e. not on purpose, per se, but revealing a lack of knowledge of Scripture and possibly the presence of religious training or teaching earlier in life that was not conveyed in truth or was not understood)

I don't know of any reason to think on this subject "creatively". There is nothing new, nothing created , that changed God's Word since He spoke it.

Simply trust what God's Word says, not man's "creative" ideas which are opposed to His Word, and He will direct your steps and He will give you understanding.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,448.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi there,

For example, if I murder someone and lie about the murder, but then I confess the lie, is there liberty in the murder, because of the confession of the lie (since the two are related)?

Is there repentance for the sin? Do you think that the act of confessing a sin shows repentance or should there be actual repentance within one's spirit?

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi there,

lying about an act then confessing that you lied implicates you in the act and I would think many would see the two the same.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
James 5:16
Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me for jumping in but did not Jesus forgive us all sins at the moment of Salvation?

James 5:16
Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Forgiveness of Sins" is major benefit of John 3 salvation.

2 Corinthians 5:21...IMPUTED RIGHTEOUSNESS
He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

FORGIVENESS / REMISSION ...Greek 859 - "aphesis'...release from bondage or imprisonment; forgiveness or pardon, of sins
(letting them go as if they had never been committed), remission of the penalty

Forgiveness of Sin / Sin(s) is ONE of the spiritual benefits of salvation!...(all NASB)

Matthew 26:28
for this is My blood of the (new) covenant,
which is poured out for many FOR forgiveness of sins.

Mark 14:24
And He said to them, “This is My blood of the (new) covenant, which is poured out FOR many.

Luke 22:20
And in the same way He took the cup after they had eaten, saying,
“This cup which is poured out FOR you is the NEW covenant IN My blood.

Luke 1:77
To give to His people the knowledge of salvation,
By (knowing) the forgiveness of their sins,

Act 5:31
“He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior,
to grant repentance to Israel, and (to grant) forgiveness of sins.

Act 10:43
“Of Him all the prophets bear witness that
through His name everyone who BELIEVES in Him receives forgiveness of sins.”

Ephesians 1:7
IN Him, we have redemption THROUGH His blood,
the forgiveness of our trespasses,
according to the riches of His GRACE

Colosians 1:14
in whom we have redemption,
the forgiveness of sins.

Matthew 12: ...Jesus: The ONLY Unpardonable/Unforgivable Sin
30 He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters.
31 “Therefore I say to you,
any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people,
but blasphemy against (God) the (Holy) Spirit shall not be forgiven.
32 Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him;
but whoever speaks against (God) the Holy Spirit,
it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that 1John 1:9 refers to the one time occurrence that an unbeliever needs to do prior to gaining salvation and need not do it again since we have been forgiven all sins?

"Forgiveness of Sins" is major benefit of John 3 salvation.

<-- snip -->

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Response to 34:
No...of course not. Believers sin after salvation and need to have fellowship restored many times during sanctification. 1 John 1

I have read where all our sin is forgiven when we were put in the body of christ.

Col. 2:13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

And we are sealed until the day of our redemption.

Eph. 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

I also like this in Romans.

Rom. 4:6 Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, 7 Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
SANCTIFICATION:

"sanctification"...Greek 38...hagiasmos...

I.consecration, purification...II.the effect of consecration A.sanctification (setting aside) of heart and life

Romans 6:19, 22 (all NASB)
I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh.
For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness,
resulting in further lawlessness,
so now present your members as slaves to righteousness,
resulting in sanctification
But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, (of salvation)
resulting in sanctification, and
the outcome, eternal life.

1 Col. 1:30
But by His doing you are IN Christ Jesus,
who became to us wisdom from God, and
righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

1 Thess. 4:3...For this is the will of God, your sanctification;

2 Thess 2:13
But we should always give thanks to God for you,
brethren beloved by the Lord,
because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification
by (God) the Holy Spirit and faith in the truth.

PROGRESSIVE SANCTIFICATION: A PROCESS!

POSITION versus PRACTICE..."How God views Man'S spirit VERSUS "Christian Living"

I WAS SAVED from the PRISON of SIN in the PAST....simple "saving faith"...Ephesians 2:8

1. Substitution: "in the place of"
2. Redemption: " pay ransom, remove, and release "
3. Reconciliation: "alienation ends"
4. Propititation: "satisfaction with action"
5. Sin Nature Judged: "good overcomes bad"...nature changed
6. Justification: "view: Just-if-I..never" SINNED by the Advocate
7. Sanctification: 'process of being set aside for God, being more holy, following
8. Forgiveness of sin

I AM BEING saved from the POWER of SIN in the PRESENT

....influence of the PERMANENTLY indwelling God the Holy Spirit, guiding "battles" against the foes.
Sanctification (setting apart) is Progressive.
"Good works" are guided by God the Holy Spirit to eventual "Judgement of Believer's Works."

Faith put to WORK! ...Becoming more Christ-like by following His precepts and Spiritual guidance.
Philippians 2:12 ...work out...Hebrews 12:1 ...run race

NOTE: (Saving) FAITH without (spiritully guided following ) WORKS is DEAD (judged spiritually useless)...a paraphrase of James. SEE: James 2:22

I WILL BE saved from the PRESENCE of SIN in the FUTURE

...Eternity in the NEW Heavens and NEW Earth and NEW Jerusalem, with the Tri-Une God! Revelation 21-22

The Spiritual Gift of Grace of God + The Spirit-Led Belief of Man = Spiritual SALVATION of Man...Past / Present / Future

Upvote 0