The Keep
✟581,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, Jesus was born boy, grew up, had a beard.. described as the Son, He/Him/His pronouns...
seems male to me

Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. Genesis 2:24

The idea if the bride of Christ is to become one spirit.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. Genesis 2:24

The idea if the bride of Christ is to become one spirit.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:28

Sounds like losing your identity. Doesn't sound like eternal life if "you" don't live eternally, but some genderless being in your place.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
its a start to have family around you.

Of course it would be nice. There is also a lot more pressure since, with every gain...there is that much more to lose.

*I know...not the best way to look at it...

Upvote 0

TenthAveN

Puppies are an acceptable form of currency.
Jun 18, 2020
North Texas
✟49,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Of course it would be nice. There is also a lot more pressure since, with every gain...there is that much more to lose.

*I know...not the best way to look at it...
1 Corinthians 7:28

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

You have to realize though that Paul expected Jesus to return in his lifetime, so it'd be like Jeremiah, who God forbid marrying and having children to spare him seeing his wife and children suffer through the siege of Jerusalem.
if you were unmarried and believed 100% that the 70th week of Daniel was starting within the next few years, you'd probably not want to have children even if you'd normally like to have them if you expected them to grow up and get saved.
But I don't think normally God has a preference that people not get married and not have children. God did create marriage to be a good thing, and children are to be a blessing from the Lord.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Our circumstances influence the scriptures we cling to. For example:

But he replied to the man who told him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” —Matthew 12:48

This will be dramatically more comforting to someone lacking family, with strained relations, or painful experiences. Christ offers them an alternative.

But if that isn’t the case, it’s unlikely they’ll view the text with the same perspective. Personal experiences bring the word to life.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Yeah, I think the hurt level goes up in proportion to every new relationship.

Or the potential for hurt, anyways.

And this probably stems from it being too much about oneself.

This is why, if Yah blesses me with a helpmate...it will be because of some necessary work, that must be done...that we were especially shaped to undertake.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Our circumstances influence the scriptures we cling to. For example:

But he replied to the man who told him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” —Matthew 12:48

This will be dramatically more comforting to someone lacking family, with strained relations, or painful experiences. Christ offers them an alternative.

But if that isn’t the case, it’s unlikely they’ll view the text with the same perspective. Personal experiences bring the word to life.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

When your family won't believe and you feel you are losing them forever, that verse doesn't really bring comfort, it's like you're being told to just replace your family members with other people, but that does not really replace loved ones that you have lost in unbelief. It's not just quantity of "family" it's individual personalities and people, you can't just replace those people.

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2021
Metro Detroit
✟9,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have few family members and none of the ones in my immediate family are believers, and I'm unmarried.
To be perfectly honest, I'm very lonely and depressed. a holy spirit that I can't even hug, livestreamed church services, isolation from friends and family and online communication are no replacement for company.
It hasn't been better for me to not marry from my experience but that's what God has laid out for me.

It has not been a blessing at all. It's miserable.

Thank you for sharing from your experience. I've prayed for you.

Some of my own hardest experiences have involved loneliness. And I do want to praise God for how He's worked through them. God has used those times to transform them into some of the most precious times I've had with Him, and transformed them into opportunities to build into community with others. In the midst of those times, it stayed important to cling to God, to seek and seek Him, read His word, pray, and worship Him. There is so much for believers to give thanks to the Father for no matter what happens, we get to enjoy the gift of Jesus and enjoy God's satisfying presence, and there's a unique opportunity we have to pray for others, reach out, and share the good news of Jesus and pour into the lives of people (can be in-person and virtually). It could be easy to think that in the midst of my hardest times, I'll be happy when the hard situations end, but even during the difficulties, God is who we will find contentment in, refuge in, and strength from, and praise goes to God for showing me these things and for being my rock.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 16, 2021
Metro Detroit
✟9,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Both of my parents have passed on. I am an only child of the union of my parents. My father did have children in a previous marriage, but I have no relationship with them.

I'm divorced, no kids. No prospects for dating.

It's been a very lonely life. At least Jesus loves me. Seems He is the only one most days.

Thank you for sharing. That is big, the fact that Jesus loves us; the best one who could love us does. I find Jesus' prayer in John 17 encouraging, and good to see what Jesus' heart is for us.
What is fellowship at your church like?

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2021
Metro Detroit
✟9,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Single father. Besides my dad all my family lives far away. So i have two kids who im raising . I do get lonely sometimes but having major health problems has stopped me from even looking for a partner and im okay with that now.

I just trust god that im where im supposed to be at right now .

Thank you for sharing. That's good that you're trusting God no matter what. And He is trustworthy. It's such a gift that God made a way for us to come to Him through faith in His Son by His grace, and now as His own, He provides for us.
I prayed for you, for you to remain satisfied in Jesus, to be able to have good fellowship with God and others, and to continue to live by God's strength.

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2021
Metro Detroit
✟9,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The way I look at it, if God wants me to have a wife, he will cause it to happen. So I leave it up to providence.

As for family members, I rarely see or speak to them. There's no negative situation involved with that, we're just not very good at keeping in touch. Plus my older brother and sister live out-of-state.

So for the regular contact family and friends experience, I find that in my church fellowship.

Thank you for sharing from your experience. That's a helpful approach -- looking for God's will to be done and trusting Him. And I'm glad you have regular fellowship, fellowship is so needed and encouraging. It can be tough at times, but it's worthwhile.

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
it's like you're being told to just replace your family members with other people, but that does not really replace loved ones that you have lost in unbelief.

Lost because they severed ties or don’t share your faith?

It's not just quantity of "family" it's individual personalities and people, you can't just replace those people.

I’ve given up close connections in the past in deference to my faith. I’d befriended some for twenty years or more. Nevertheless, I was willing to step aside and entrust the matter to the Lord’s care. I assumed He’d redeem the connections or bring me new companions. He did the latter.

My loved ones are believers. I have a deeper appreciation for family now. Breaking ties is not an option. I wouldn’t allow religion to separate us. The best thing I can do is be a light and allow my walk to minister to them.

If they were unbelievers I’d labor for them in prayer and love them. The Lord will do the rest.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Lost because they severed ties or don’t share your faith?

I’ve given up close connections in the past in deference to my faith. I’d befriended some for twenty years or more. Nevertheless, I was willing to step aside and entrust the matter to the Lord’s care. I assumed He’d redeem the connections or bring me new companions. He did the latter.

My loved ones are believers. I have a deeper appreciation for family now. Breaking ties is not an option. I wouldn’t allow religion to separate us. The best thing I can do is be a light and allow my walk to minister to them.

If they were unbelievers I’d labor for them in prayer and love them. The Lord will do the rest.

Yours in His Service,

~bella

Non believers.
Mom is well.. she's new age. universalist. "I don't need Jesus to be a good person" type
Sister knows the gospel, but just doesn't believe it and no amount of testimony or scripture will do it for her. I recognize for her, she needs to be directly touched by the Lord in her life to believe.
My dad was.. a problem the whole time, alcoholic, ended up in prison so mom divorced him, died about 15 years ago, and he was also very much new age/eastern mysticism oriented. Mom doesn't really mess with the eastern mysticism, but still holds to some "spiritualism" beliefs, and is pretty much pantheist and universalist. She's more likely to believe in Ancient Aliens than the bible. I've tried but she utterly rejects it.
Brother in law was raised Baptist, but I'm not sure where his faith is at these days. I'll have to ask at some point. Hard to talk to him right now though cause it's all guns and Trump with him.
Niece and Nephews well, 1 just turned 4 don't think he'd even grasp it yet, the other two just turned 1 year old, just learning to talk. My niece has just learned "thank you"
I pray especially for my sister because I know she just needs that push, she just needs God to reveal Himself to her, and she'll believe. She wants to believe, but she just can't, not without God doing a work in her. She needs to be called.
Mom... I dunno, I try, but it gets nowhere.

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2021
Metro Detroit
✟9,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That's a lot of which ands or whats:)
Why not just let God handle your future and you just live it to the best of your ability and leave it in his hands?
If God has a plan for you as a husband or wife, fine and if not fine. Whatever it is you can handle it.
I've been single for years and years, eventually it becomes easier but there are always times when you think you would like to have someone to share with but if it is meant to be it will. I've had most of the experiences you have not had but I still think you should just not worry about it and live your life with Gods plan in mind and be content. Married or not you deal:) If you just can't deal with it then go out and do something about it.
Mingle and be friends with many and let God choose which one is right for you. That way you make your own family of wife and children and your never lonely again.
God Bless You.

Thank you for your response and encouragements. It sounds like you are content in Jesus, and that is good to hear; praise God. It is refreshing to recognize the need to not worry, trust God, let Him be in control, and look to His will for us. Thankfully He knows what we need and when, and provides for us. And that is good to keep in mind to make it a point to be friends with a lot of people; that can even come with different opportunities for glorifying God and sharing His word than if I was married and had a different capacity for friendships.

Upvote 0