SINGLES, WE ARE CREATED FOR GOD'S GLORY!

Tehila

Mar 29, 2022
Hadera
✟17,823.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Romans 12:1
Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God.

I have read many thoughts in this singles' forum about struggles of being single which prompted me to share my thoughts on this issue too. Let's admit it. Being single has its great struggles and fierce battles. I am one of you. Interestingly, we have the choice to ease our struggles God's way or the worldly way. At times when loneliness creeps in, we are tempted to fill in our longing hearts with things we can grab (inappropriate contentography, overeating, shopping spree, casual sex, etc) The world has vast avenues to fill the void. And it is a real battle. But if God's Word is true as it it says in Romans 8:32- "He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?"
God is able to strengthen us when we become weak. He is able to comfort us when we are going through loneliness. And He is able to provide us a partner if that is His will. But we need first and foremost to offer to God our whole being. (Romans 12:1). Be willing to be transformed by the Holy Spirit in our minds and heart through God's Word. Romans 12:2 :Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Let's allow God to influence and transform us body soul and spirit. Let us seek His kingdom and His righteousness first Matthew 6;33 -But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

When we struggle, let us learn to strive
to come back before the Lord. Resist the temptation to fill our hearts with empty solutions that can harm our spirits, but let us focus our eyes on our Lord Jesus for He alone can satisfy.
BE HOLY FOR I AM HOLY. 1 Peter 1:16

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Therefore I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God.

I have read many thoughts in this singles' forum about struggles of being single which prompted me to share my thoughts on this issue too. Let's admit it. Being single has its great struggles and fierce battles. I am one of you. Interestingly, we have the choice to ease our struggles God's way or the worldly way. At times when loneliness creeps in, we are tempted to fill in our longing hearts with things we can grab (inappropriate contentography, overeating, shopping spree, casual sex, etc) The world has vast avenues to fill the void. And it is a real battle. But if God's Word is true as it it says in Romans 8:32- "He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?"
God is able to strengthen us when we become weak. He is able to comfort us when we are going through loneliness. And He is able to provide us a partner if that is His will. But we need first and foremost to offer to God our whole being. (Romans 12:1). Be willing to be transformed by the Holy Spirit in our minds and heart through God's Word. Romans 12:2 :Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Let's allow God to influence and transform us body soul and spirit. Let us seek His kingdom and His righteousness first Matthew 6;33 -But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

to come back before the Lord. Resist the temptation to fill our hearts with empty solutions that can harm our spirits, but let us focus our eyes on our Lord Jesus for He alone can satisfy.
Singles are more likely to have lower family income. My brothers married. They have larger homes than I and extended families.

Jeremiah wrote, the Lord sent him a message not to marry (Jeremiah 16:1-4).

Jesus had four brothers and some sisters (Mark 6:3). He excused himself from marriage to do other work.

Paul traveled frequently. He did not settle down and marry. In 1 Corinthians 9:3-6, Paul wrote he and Barnabas did not have believing wives. They had to work to support themselves. Paul had an extensive network of friends.

Archaeologists excavated a cemetery at Qumran in Israel next to the settlement where the Dead Sea Scrolls were written. It contained all male bodies supposed to be the remains of the Qumran scribes. The place was occupied in the first centuries BC and AD.

Buddha lived before Christ’s ministry. Buddhist monks practice a celibate lifestyle. Buddha was also nonviolent. Some Buddhists abstain from eating meat.

Upvote 0

Christopher Pineau

Just A Nerdy Guy Trying To Get Right
Apr 17, 2022
Dallas
✟14,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Exactly, don't jump in a relationship just because you're lonely. One can be terribly lonely in a bad relationship.

Thank you! I've been single for 7+ years now, haven't been (ahem) physically intimate with anybody for the last 5 of those years, and of late for a couple of reasons part of me has been yearning for Someone Special. I've been having to remind myself exactly of what you just said, because that has been my downfall in the past, and the words of Proverbs where it is better to live on a quarter of the roof of a house than to share it with a quarrelsome woman ring true for me as of now too. Had I not succumbed to desperation and latched onto someone to marry just to alleviate my loneliness, I would be a better person in some ways, now, I think. I'm just thankful to be a happy bachelor as of now (I used to call myself MGTOW until that field became crowded with angry, bitter, hateful sorts who were all those things for the sake of it).

Upvote 0

Jane2468

Aug 3, 2022
Northern Ireland
✟33,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

I agree with everything you have said. It is really important to be content in the Lord in whatever state we find ourselves and it is also important to seek the Lord's will for our lives whatever that may be. I think we go through different stages in our lives and I do think that if the Lord intends for us to marry that it can happen at various stages in our lives and not always according to our time table.

Upvote 0

Leaviathan

Feb 19, 2015
Cape Cod
✟31,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where and how singles fit in, in church is another story. As most churches revolve around families

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where and how singles fit in, in church is another story. As most churches revolve around families

See the irony here? Chances are those in church that are already married were probably diligently pursuing marriage.

• Agree
Reactions: Jane2468
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you! I've been single for 7+ years now, haven't been (ahem) physically intimate with anybody for the last 5 of those years, and of late for a couple of reasons part of me has been yearning for Someone Special. I've been having to remind myself exactly of what you just said, because that has been my downfall in the past, and the words of Proverbs where it is better to live on a quarter of the roof of a house than to share it with a quarrelsome woman ring true for me as of now too. Had I not succumbed to desperation and latched onto someone to marry just to alleviate my loneliness, I would be a better person in some ways, now, I think. I'm just thankful to be a happy bachelor as of now (I used to call myself MGTOW until that field became crowded with angry, bitter, hateful sorts who were all those things for the sake of it).

Oh yeah, I agreee....you can wind up in a really crappy marraige and be lonely in THAT marriage.
I actually used to frequent the MGTOW website....and yeah, it's an outright hateful site.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
See the irony here? Chances are those in church that are already married were probably diligently pursuing marriage.

I'd be willing to be a large sum of something that they did NOT meet their spouse in church.

• Winner
Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
A few people in my church met their spouses there
lucky them. I stay far away from churches as a place as the girls I always met wanted things I did not. Now at 33, I'm seen as a lost cause. It's easy for me to simply put my chronic health issue of MS as a pillow to my reasoning.

Upvote 0