SINGLES, WE ARE CREATED FOR GOD'S GLORY!

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that very few meet their spouses in church even though there are usually quite a few singles in a large church especially. Clearly there may be a number of reasons for this.
I recall how men in a church got jealous of an "outsider" she brought with her to church.

Of course. They were irritated in the fact she had no interest in ant of them.

It was like " how dare she!"

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that very few meet their spouses in church even though there are usually quite a few singles in a large church especially. Clearly there may be a number of reasons for this.
I remember three couples from a church college and career singles fellowship who married. After they married they fellowshipped with married couples. They were under the age of thirty when they married. We did Bible study and singing contemporary and classic Christian songs with guitar. The group met in an empty Sunday School class room one evening per week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single

I think sometimes people avoid dating someone who goes to the same church as them to avoid any awkwardness should things not work out.

Upvote 0

Christopher Pineau

Just A Nerdy Guy Trying To Get Right
Apr 17, 2022
Dallas
✟14,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think sometimes people avoid dating someone who goes to the same church as them to avoid any awkwardness should things not work out.
Like if you date a coworker and things go south as they inevitably do in those situations. Speaking from past experience, it always ends badly and everybody knows your business, and these days if you're a man? Losing your job for it appears to be par for the course. I think that's a good analogy on your part.

Upvote 0

Jane2468

Aug 3, 2022
Northern Ireland
✟33,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Like if you date a coworker and things go south as they inevitably do in those situations. Speaking from past experience, it always ends badly and everybody knows your business, and these days if you're a man? Losing your job for it appears to be par for the course. I think that's a good analogy on your part.
It's the fact that everyone would know your business that would bother me most.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What's wrong with the people at church?

There’s nothing wrong with them.

I didn’t encounter anyone I was attracted to. Nor do I want entanglements where I live or worship. The same held true for work. I have other avenues for meeting suitors.

~bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jane2468

Aug 3, 2022
Northern Ireland
✟33,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There’s nothing wrong with them.

I didn’t encounter anyone I was attracted to. Nor do I want entanglements where I live or worship. The same held true for work. I have other avenues for meeting suitors.

~bella
I agree with bella. There is nothing wrong with the men in church but I prefer to avoid entanglements in church and I've always avoided it in my workplace. There is also the problem that everyone tends to know your business so it can turn out being very difficult.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I avoided any romance at work, but I've never particularly applied that to church.
I guess as I've got older and know myself, I don't fit the narrative of who a man should be and therefore
who women in the church would be looking for. However, I have often run into Christian women who like who I am and want to date me. I take them to my church when we are in my town and I go to their church when we are in their town.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I would say it's a fair analogy.

At work, you risk being unemployed, at church, it's just drama...and this could happen in any environment and I think it's a lame excuse to use to not to ask someone out at church.

YOu can't be afraid of such things....you can always find a reason NOT to do something....apparently.

Reactions: Jane2468
Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I avoided any romance at work, but I've never particularly applied that to church.
I guess as I've got older and know myself, I don't fit the narrative of who a man should be and therefore
who women in the church would be looking for. However, I have often run into Christian women who like who I am and want to date me. I take them to my church when we are in my town and I go to their church when we are in their town.

but I've never particularly applied that to church.

Right, I don't see this as a big deal as one of the best places to meet someone is at church....granted the singles groups stay afloat. Still don't understand why anyone would not go this way.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wanted to chime in on singles groups at church, I take it some Christians would even be averse to attending singles ministries for the same reason? I just find it odd that you would.

There was a woman on FB group that posted looking for a singles group at a church. She's new in town. A lot of people posted diff churches, but one chimed in, begrudging of it using the Ruth/Boaz analogy. LIke being sought out in the field.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jane2468

Aug 3, 2022
Northern Ireland
✟33,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Right, I don't see this as a big deal as one of the best places to meet someone is at church....granted the singles groups stay afloat. Still don't understand why anyone would not go this way.
I totally get where you're coming from on this one.

Upvote 0

Jane2468

Aug 3, 2022
Northern Ireland
✟33,976.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I would say it's a fair analogy.

At work, you risk being unemployed, at church, it's just drama...and this could happen in any environment and I think it's a lame excuse to use to not to ask someone out at church.

YOu can't be afraid of such things....you can always find a reason NOT to do something....apparently.
I agree with you on this one. I find it difficult but you are totally right when you say that we can't be afraid of such things.

Upvote 0