Singer wears Make America Great Again dress to Grammys

Freedom~Sprite

America is free! If U R opposed U R Free to LEAVE!
Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[Staff edit].

If the dress would have said, "Trump Sucks",the media types blasting her now would have loved her and held her courage in esteem.
It's as if they believe if they make a big enough ruckus screaming for collective intolerance of this president that he'll vanish from the White House.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If the dress would have said, "Trump Sucks",the media types blasting her now would have loved her and held her courage in esteem.
It's as if they believe if they make a big enough ruckus screaming for collective intolerance of this president that he'll vanish from the White house.

This courageous woman did what most would've been terrified to do, even if they support Trump, because of the backlash.

This classy lady gave a message loud and clear,

Fearlessly.

I had never heard of her before.

I have now.

Respect for this courageous and phenomenal singer and to the designer.

:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Needless to say, she's being attacked viciously on Twitter by the tolerant Left.

See, you got it all wrong. They are not intolerant, its just that anyone who isn't on the left is wrong in their thinking. Hence they are just letting them know they are wrong.... tolerantly. :p lol

Upvote 0

itsJoseph

Feb 9, 2017
New York
✟16,707.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
and if someone wore a 'black lives matter' dress you'd get the same vitriol from the tolerant right.

dance puppets, dance.

I think a big difference is the media, talk shows and other mainstreams applaud the left. The right would get just as upset, no doubt. However, the left has more exposure to preaching their intolerance. While the right has very little.

Personally, there should be a seperation of polotocs and entertainment.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Her album sales skyrocketed on Amazon.
As did Jackie Evancho's for simply agreeing to sing the national anthem at an event that belongs to all Americans--the inauguration of a new president.

What amazes me in all of this is that the Left organizes boycotts or issues threats to merchants, corporations, individuals, etc. and those businesses often cave, as with case of the Ivanka Trump line of clothes and jewelry...but there is at least an equally large body of people who respond by switching to any business or sports team or whatever that is victimized in that way. You'd think that the people or businesses involved would know this.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Getting lost in this discussion is the designer of the dress that Joy Villa wore. His comment about the dress was this:

"I heard that somebody wanted to bomb the White House. And then I saw the Women’s March. … Joy Villa is all about love with her music. I’m like, ' Joy, We have to make a statement on what is right for our country, of what we believe in, for the Constitution.'"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She wears something outrageous every year hoping for a reaction. At least she's mostly covered up this year.

So, she has pulled public stunts like this before hoping to get attention? Well, she certainly succeeded this time wearing that hideous dress, even without Trump's name plastered on the bottom of it.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
So, she has pulled public stunts like this before hoping to get attention? Well, she certainly succeeded this time wearing that hideous dress, even without Trump's name plastered on the bottom of it.
I thought it was a nice dress, not considering the message on it.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It would nice if they kept it out of the awards show - and things like that. I don't have a problem with them doing it on their own personal time. I have a feeling that part of the reason those types of events have lost their viewership.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
GRAMMY AWARDS: A PRO-TRUMP STATEMENT ON THE RED CARPET

Scandalous dresses on the Grammys red carpet aren’t what they used to be. It wasn't deep cleavage or a thigh-high leg slit that had tongues wagging about singer Joyce Villa on Sunday night. It was her red, white and blue gown emblazoned with “Make America Great Again” in front, and “Trump” across the train.

It’s a controversial statement coming from an artist in an industry that’s largely in opposition to the new president’s social policies, not to mention from a woman who identifies as bi-racial.

www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/news/grammy-awards-a-pro-trump-statement-red-carpet-974968

joy-villa-back-1486948698_660x0.jpg

Needless to say, she's being attacked viciously on Twitter by the tolerant Left.

Liberal heads explode!

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
As did Jackie Evancho's for simply agreeing to sing the national anthem at an event that belongs to all Americans--the inauguration of a new president.

What amazes me in all of this is that the Left organizes boycotts or issues threats to merchants, corporations, individuals, etc. and those businesses often cave, as with case of the Ivanka Trump line of clothes and jewelry...but there is at least an equally large body of people who respond by switching to any business or sports team or whatever that is victimized in that way. You'd think that the people or businesses involved would know this.

I agree. It continues to amaze me that they don't get it.

In the meantime it leaves opportunity for other businesses to grow.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Neatz
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Getting lost in this discussion is the designer of the dress that Joy Villa wore. His comment about the dress was this:

"I heard that somebody wanted to bomb the White House. And then I saw the Women’s March. … Joy Villa is all about love with her music. I’m like, ' Joy, We have to make a statement on what is right for our country, of what we believe in, for the Constitution.'"

Phenomenal.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟556,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree and it should also go the other way. Entertainers should stay out of politics.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree and it should also go the other way. Entertainers should stay out of politics.

Now c'mon, did you say the same about Meryl?

In addition, this gracious singer, Joy Villa (as well as the designer of the dress, Filipino immigrant Andre Soriano) was not bashing anyone, but wearing a "statement" of a dress, and sharing joy and love with ev'ry one.

Filipino immigrant Andre Soriano, tells THR that he is supportive of the new president despite his controversial immigration ban, and that the message of the dress was one of positivity."It’s more so about love," he said of the red, white and blue gown. "We all live on this planet. I’ve never been in the political area. However, it’s just so crazy that people are getting beat up because they voted for Trump, or this and that, someone wants to bomb the White House....I am an American, I moved here from the Philippines and I highly believed in the trueness of what this country can bring. It’s about bringing people together, that’s the message."

Joy Villa's Pro-Trump Grammys Dress Designer Is an Immigrant

• Agree
Upvote 0