Since when did freedom of Christian religion become freedom of religion?

E1ouise

Nov 5, 2018
Old Saybrook
✟8,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
From personal study of my family history in the Mid-Atlantic region, once the Revolutionary war broke out, the Anglican ministry left and returned to England. This led to a gaping hole that was, fortunately, filled by John Wesley and his Methodist movement. This is just one example of the negative consequences of having one's faith tied up with a state/government.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I disagree with Americans leaving the church of England betraying their King who only charged a little taxes on tea and tried to gain independence from England when if they had waited just 150 years or so they would have had their freedom from the royal monarchy without any bloodshed. I think its foolish But that isn't really 100% of what this topic is about. What its about is after Americans gained their freedom from England and started to form their own government our forefathers wanted to make part of the constitution freedom of Christian religion. Why was it later changed over the years to freedom of all religions? Which president started that? It gets worse though eventually even England is going to turn its back on God and have freedom of all religions as well. Its true. Prince Charles has vowed when he takes the English throne that he will make the church of England freedom of religion as well instead of preserving the protestant Anglican church which has existed since the 1500s. Despite the Royal monarchy having to take a vow to preserve Christian religion in England since well... The beginning. So even England an empire that has been purely comprised of Christians for over 1,500 + years now is turning away from God. Why?

Okay fine you can freely be whatever religion you want to be in England now and still not be considered a traitor to your country. But the Church of England? Really? Since when has the entire world turned its back on God? It's not right! I mean Charles still is a Christian and a member of the church of England you have to be to be a monarch in England but he wants freedom of religion in the church of England.

Sorry forgot the source. Source:

Church of England should be stripped from Prince Charles' coronation vows, report suggests

In America the constitution is about keeping religion separate from the state (government) ... the government not allowed to create and implement any one church or religion for it's citizens.

Although our constitution (and many laws were) developed on biblical principles ... one being ... people are free to worship .. or not .. without government interference in those matters and free to live in accordance to their spiritual beliefs (and not breaking the laws of the land) ... however ... as we now see this "separation" is being significantly eroded with secular society demanding people of faith compromise their faith to suit the worldly desires and to suit governments.

When religion and government unit ... destruction follows. Go read about the dark ages.

They need to be and should be separate.

In the very end ... it WILL come down to worship as the Lord says it will be so.

Revelation 20:1-15

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit and a great chain. And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while. Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed.

Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands ...

Upvote 0