Since 1914, why have morals and values been on a steady decline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The founding fathers also disliked parties because they were factions that only represented their interests instead of the interests of the constitution

That just about sums up every government in existance. I also doubt the founding fathers were paragons of virtue and above such politics themselves.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You are simply ignorant of asymmetric warfare. These are invaders, which is a threat to not only the rule of law but national security.

No, they are just illegal economic migrants.

Not sure what you mean about wrong people who are in the process of invading our country.

Wrong people as in people who are not illegal immigrants.

Perhaps the military stationed at Pearl Harbor shot at the wrong plans dropping bombs and shooting?

What a silly analogy.

Fact is, in war, there are ALWAYS collateral damage. See Dresden, Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Except we are not at war nor being invaded, we have an issue with illegal economic migrants. Want to stop them? Beef up and enforce e-verify to remove the economic motivation driving them. No need for the absurd bloody fantasy of shoot on sight orders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
A return to 1914 values would mean stripping away the rights, freedoms and dignity of the majority of US citizens - how do you justify that to them? How would you convince them that returning to a societal structure where they were second class citizens is remotely moral at all?

By letting them know that everyone else will feel pressure to wear top hats, obviously.

ETA - I mean, that's the point of this thread, right. Fan nostalgia for a time when people dressed differently, all the while ignoring or excusing the problems of the time for anyone who wasn't a white male.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freodin
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Actually, in the last 40 years there has been a major invasion of the church by the occult, paganism, false prophecy, false teaching, heresies, as direct fulfillment of Jesus' and Paul's prophecies. It is only in the last 20 years that high level politicians have been publicly speaking about the need for a world government to bring about world peace, and a merger of all religions into one to solve the denominational divisions.
I believe when it comes to globalism or a new world order, it could be stated this has being going on since 1914 or slightly earlier with people involved with high level politics. Are you aware of the research done by Carl Teichrib?

The way I see it, it's our short life spans which in turn means short memories that portray this as occurring in the last 20 to 40 years, but when you dig deeper you could point to other things much further back. Naturally as politics change, so do our morals and this has been going on for a longer time than just our own life span.

Anyhow here's a 30 min interview with Carl Teichrib on the subject.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,195.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So you claim that there is an invading army:

- Made up of civilians
- With a large portion of women and children
- With no weapons
- With no supplies or logistics
- With no leaders or command structure
- Undertaking no coordinated aggressive action
- And the only thing they're all doing is legally requesting asylum

By this kind of definition I could call my mailman an invader and justify shooting him.
The USPS has logistics and a command structure, so I think you'd actually be more justified there.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The founding fathers wished for isolationism. We ought to listen to them because they know what's best for the nation since they created the government for it.

American isolationism ended by the second president.

Upvote 0

Wrangler

Jun 2, 2019
In World But Not Of World
✟23,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, they are just illegal economic migrants.

They are invaders who deserve to be treated as such.

Imagine using this line of BS circa 1948 at checkpoint charlie. No way would the Soviet's just let people cross under any machination, scheme or naming convention you please.

Wrong people as in people who are not illegal immigrants.

?

What a silly analogy.

Yea, silly to compare one invasion to another.

Except we are not at war nor being invaded, we have an issue with illegal economic migrants. Want to stop them?

Shooting them on sight will stop them. And we are at war. Proof is that we are being invaded.

Upvote 0

Wrangler

Jun 2, 2019
In World But Not Of World
✟23,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So you claim that there is an invading army:

I never said the invaders were army. If the invaders do not wear yellow shirts, that does not make them invaders. What makes an invader is the act of invading.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Untrue. American isolationism lasted nearly 150 years, ending with the Woodrow Wilson administration via WWI.

Talk about America being isolationist lasted nearly 150 years.

Actually being isolationist did not.

"From the Halls of Montezuma
To the shores of Tripoli...."

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I also have a hard time believing you're seriously advocating that the US government indiscriminately slaughter unarmed civilians, including women and children. If that's not pure evil, then I don't know what is.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.