Since 1914, why have morals and values been on a steady decline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you are confused about history Mr. Kirk. The Romans didn't actually control the whole world 2000 years ago, and no one has since.

Did you misunderstand what Satan was saying that completely?

The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. -- Luke 4

Satan is the single ruler of all earthly nations. All earthly nations have been under his rule for at least 2000 years (although Danial 10 indicates it was the case even then).

Upvote 0

Wrangler

Jun 2, 2019
In World But Not Of World
✟23,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Shoot unarmed, innocent people fleeing for their lives with their children. You think that's what Jesus would do?

Not buying that line for one minute. They are invaders already out of the country they claim is prosecuting them.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Stay away from the border! That's where all the trouble begins.

If it were up to me, I'd give orders to shoot on sight, any invaders.
Do you want law enforcement to shoot on sight those suspected of other civil infractions?

Upvote 0

Wrangler

Jun 2, 2019
✟23,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you want law enforcement to shoot on sight those suspected of other civil infractions?

The classification of civil infraction is nefarious. Only shooting on sight invaders to our sovereign territory will suffice.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The classification of civil infraction is nefarious.

No, it’s accurate.

Only shooting on sight invaders to our sovereign territory will suffice.

How would that work in practice and what consequences would officers face for shooting the wrong people?

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Not buying that line for one minute. They are invaders already out of the country they claim is prosecuting them.

They're refugees seeking a better life. They have the legal right to request asylum on US soil. What you're suggesting is a crime against humanity according to international law.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Phobia mean irrational fear. Islamophobia. Homophobia. Xenophobia. All of these words are used to stop debate in an effort to have a Leftist position accepted by default.

Incorrect.

"A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder, defined by a persistent and excessive fear of an object or situation"

So not necessarily irrational , but persistent and excessive. Sounds about right for good ol middleclass white people being worried that Mexicans are coming to take all the jobs middle class would not do anyway and probably worried their niece will hang out with Jose and get pregnant in the bargain.

"defined by a persistent and excessive fear" anyone recognize themselves ?

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The founding fathers wished for isolationism. We ought to listen to them because they know what's best for the nation since they created the government for it.

Furthermore, our government prevents tyranny with the 3 branches of government and checks and balances.

Founding fathers were product of their times. It is pretty naive to think that their thinking would not evolve with the changes in history. Tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis.

As for checks and balances we have seen how it can be mismanaged by people like Trump or McCarthy. Do you seriously believe that during a fertile crisis the ignorant drones that make up most of the voting block would not give up their freedoms and rights for security if was sold them nicely gift wrapped with security, patrionism and nice dose of fear ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThievingMagpie

Jun 5, 2018
London
✟64,205.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
The classification of civil infraction is nefarious. Only shooting on sight invaders to our sovereign territory will suffice.

So that picture of the drowned father and his young daughter that surfaced recently - you'd feel content had that been a bullet and not the river?

Upvote 0

Wrangler

Jun 2, 2019
✟23,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So that picture of the drowned father and his young daughter that surfaced recently - you'd feel content had that been a bullet and not the river?

Yes, for sure! These people are not 'asylum seekers' but invaders. They have no business invading our country. Those who are truly seeking asylum? Request denied.

Heaven has extreme vetting and walls and a gate. :amen:

Upvote 0

Wrangler

Jun 2, 2019
✟23,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
No, it’s accurate.

You are simply ignorant of asymmetric warfare. These are invaders, which is a threat to not only the rule of law but national security.

How would that work in practice and what consequences would officers face for shooting the wrong people?

Not sure what you mean about wrong people who are in the process of invading our country. Perhaps the military stationed at Pearl Harbor shot at the wrong plans dropping bombs and shooting? :preach:

There is a well established court martial system in the military. Fact is, in war, there are ALWAYS collateral damage. See Dresden, Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So you claim that there is an invading army:

- Made up of civilians
- With a large portion of women and children
- With no weapons
- With no supplies or logistics
- With no leaders or command structure
- Undertaking no coordinated aggressive action
- And the only thing they're all doing is legally requesting asylum

By this kind of definition I could call my mailman an invader and justify shooting him.

Upvote 0

ThievingMagpie

Jun 5, 2018
London
✟64,205.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, for sure! These people are not 'asylum seekers' but invaders. They have no business invading our country. Those who are truly seeking asylum? Request denied.

Heaven has extreme vetting and walls and a gate. :amen:

This is a head scratcher for me. I know a lot of Christians in real life, in fact my best (wo)man at my wedding belongs to the CofE. In general they are loving people and despite a few political disagreements I think as a community they advocate empathy and care in abundance. I'm contrasting that with you who is happy, and apparently almost jubilant, with the idea that a two year old girl should be shot and killed for entering the US. And, that in cases where someone is legitimately claiming asylum, they should be de facto denied just because.

To be honest I just feel sorry for the other Christians in this thread who have to share a title with you by association.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
This is a head scratcher for me. I know a lot of Christians in real life, in fact my best (wo)man at my wedding belongs to the CofE. In general they are loving people and despite a few political disagreements I think as a community they advocate empathy and care in abundance. I'm contrasting that with you who is happy, and apparently almost jubilant, with the idea that a two year old girl should be shot and killed for entering the US. And, that in cases where someone is legitimately claiming asylum, they should be de facto denied just because.

To be honest I just feel sorry for the other Christians in this thread who have to share a title with you by association.

This guy definitely doesn't speak for Christians in general. In fact most of the people he's advocating to murder are Christians.

Upvote 0

Charles Watson-Wentworth

Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2019
l
✟24,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Founding fathers were product of their times. It is pretty naive to think that their thinking would not evolve with the changes in history. Tempora mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis.

As for checks and balances we have seen how it can be mismanaged by people like Trump or McCarthy. Do you seriously believe that during a fertile crisis the ignorant drones that make up most of the voting block would not give up their freedoms and rights for security if was sold them nicely gift wrapped with security, patrionism and nice dose of fear ?
You assume that I take a liking to Republicans (or Democrats for that matter) when they both are misguided and unhelpful to the nation. The founding fathers also disliked parties because they were factions that only represented their interests instead of the interests of the constitution and the deceleration of independence.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.