NW England
✟1,052,941.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry you think getting religion information off google is a good way to get correct information. I like to get scripture from the bible. If you have questions regarding SDA's beliefs feel free to ask.

I was looking on the SDAs own website; I assumed that it might have been accurate.

I'm not going to start on SDA beliefs in this thread, it is off topic - even a debate about the Sabbath is off topic on the subject of sin and forgiveness.
There is a lot on which we agree and some things that we don't.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I was looking on the SDAs own website; I assumed that it might have been accurate.

I'm not going to start on SDA beliefs in this thread, it is off topic - even a debate about the Sabbath is off topic on the subject of sin and forgiveness.
There is a lot on which we agree and some things that we don't.
If you were looking at the Official SDA website it states the 28 fundamental beliefs with all supporting scripture which I would be happy to discuss. It is a bit off topic but you did bring it up.

The Sabbath is a commandment of God.

Exodus 34:28 So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he neither ate bread nor drank water. And He wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments.
Exodus 20

God did not leave it up to anyone else to write His holy laws. God personally spoke them and wrote them with His own finger and God's laws are universal, the only commandment people seem to take issue with is the one God told us to REMEMBER which is the one commandment people want to forget because they value tradition over God's spoken and written Word.

The Sabbath commandment is not off topic because Jesus told us to keep the commandments, teaching others the least of the commandments come with some consequences Matthew 5:19 and breaking a commandment is sin even in the New Testament 1 John 3:4, Romans 3:20, Romans 7:7. The Sabbath is meant to be a blessing and not sure why so many people take issue with God's holy day that He wants to spend time with us. Yes you can spend time with Him on other days but is your birthday more special to you on your birthday or a day that is more convenient for your loved one. It's a simple request that God asked not sure why more people don't embrace. God was specific about one tree and not obeying had a consequence for all of us. God is giving us a second chance- we should take it and obey.

We will have to agree to disagree.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We all have free will, the scripture is there if you want to read it. The Sabbath is mentioned close to 170 times and it is the holy day of the Lord thy God and will be forever. Genesis 2:1-3, Exodus 20:10, Isaiah 58:13, Isaiah 66:23
Sorry you think getting religion information off google is a good way to get correct information. I like to get scripture from the bible. If you have questions regarding SDA's beliefs feel free to ask.
Since this seems to be quite important to you perhaps you could start a thread for this topic and we can all discuss it without going off topic in this thread.
I would be glad to discuss this with you in the proper venue.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Since this seems to be quite important to you perhaps you could start a thread for this topic and we can all discuss it without going off topic in this thread.
I would be glad to discuss this with you in the proper venue.
On free will or the Sabbath? The Sabbath is part of the commandments and breaking any of the commandments including the Sabbath is considered sin. Feel free to start a new thread.

• Useful
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Faith Unites

Mar 25, 2014
✟25,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
On free will or the Sabbath? The Sabbath is part of the commandments and breaking any of the commandments including the Sabbath is considered sin. Feel free to start a new thread.
There is a pretty solid school of thought that says Jesus is the Sabbath. We can dig into it here but yeah it’s a bit off topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Back to the OP: How do you think God will judge sin...?

God Bless!
Do you think that, in His judging or judgments, He will not take into account fully, how He made each one, etc...?

And how me made them all different, and each one differently, etc, and some not as able or capable as others, etc, and all each in different areas from one another, and none equal to Jesus, etc... That part is important, "None equal to Jesus", etc... You get that wrong then you have a lot wrong, etc...

Anyway, wouldn't you think God would take this all into account with us, etc...?

Did He make some not as capable or able as others in differing areas differently than each other, from one another, etc...?

Or did He make us all equally capable or able, and should all be judged by one same standard, etc...?

What do you think, etc...?

Oh and then, "How would/will He judge" (sin) also, etc...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Do you think that, in His judging or judgments, He will not take into account fully, how He made each one, etc...?

And how me made them all different, and each one differently, etc, and some not as able or capable as others, etc, and all each in different areas from one another, and none equal to Jesus, etc... That part is important, "None equal to Jesus", etc... You get that wrong then you have a lot wrong, etc...

Anyway, wouldn't you think God would take this all into account with us, etc...?

Did He make some not as capable or able as others in differing areas differently than each other, from one another, etc...?

Or did He make us all equally capable or able, and should all be judged by one same standard, etc...?

What do you think, etc...?

Oh and then, "How would/will He judge" (sin) also, etc...?

God Bless!
I came to conclude that it could be a possible risk (sin)...

And that, that, was born out of ignorance of not knowing how God will judge each individual one, etc...

What do you think...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
He could hold or not hold certain things against you/me/we, or some things more so than others, and this will probably be all different for each one, etc...

And may not appear all equal at first either, etc...

But we are all going to see how were all judged equally in the end, etc...

Anyway...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,941.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you were looking at the Official SDA website it states the 28 fundamental beliefs with all supporting scripture which I would be happy to discuss. It is a bit off topic but you did bring it up.

I brought it up only to say that compared with some of your other beliefs, Sabbath observance is not that important.

It doesn't affect salvation anyway.

Yes, we can agree to disagree - unless you, or anyone else, start saying that because we have a different belief than you on this, we are not Christians, or inferior Christians.
There are many topics on which Christians disagree, but ultimately these do not change, or negate, our salvation.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I brought it up only to say that compared with some of your other beliefs, Sabbath observance is not that important.

It doesn't affect salvation anyway.

Yes, we can agree to disagree - unless you, or anyone else, start saying that because we have a different belief than you on this, we are not Christians, or inferior Christians.
There are many topics on which Christians disagree, but ultimately these do not change, or negate, our salvation.
The Sabbath is God’s holy day what might not be important to you does not apply to everyone else.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,941.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath is God’s holy day what might not be important to you does not apply to everyone else.

I never said the concept of a Sabbath day wasn't important.
I am questioning your literal application of the OT verses to today, together with the idea that those who observe a Sabbath on another day are somehow displeasing God or arguing against him.

As I said, if you had a child, asked them to do something on a certain day and they couldn't - but they still did the thing that you had asked them to do; would you be annoyed that they had not stuck to the actual day that you wanted it, or pleased that they had done whatever it was that you asked of them?

So why would God be displeased that people worship him on other days? Why would he be annoyed that some of us celebrate the first day of the week when the empty tomb was discovered?

And like I keep saying, I cannot rest from my work because I don't do any.
In whatever I do do, I remember Paul's words that I am working for the Lord - and in his strength.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I never said the concept of a Sabbath day wasn't important.
I am questioning your literal application of the OT verses to today, together with the idea that those who observe a Sabbath on another day are somehow displeasing God or arguing against him.

As I said, if you had a child, asked them to do something on a certain day and they couldn't - but they still did the thing that you had asked them to do; would you be annoyed that they had not stuck to the actual day that you wanted it, or pleased that they had done whatever it was that you asked of them?

So why would God be displeased that people worship him on other days? Why would he be annoyed that some of us celebrate the first day of the week when the empty tomb was discovered?

And like I keep saying, I cannot rest from my work because I don't do any.
In whatever I do do, I remember Paul's words that I am working for the Lord - and in his strength.
The Sabbath is a commandment written personally by God. Exodus 20:8-11

There is no commandment to keep holy the first day. God told us that is a working day, not a holy day. Exodus 20:9
Jesus told us to obey commandments over traditions. Matthew 15:3-9 Sunday is a tradition that started outside the Bible and was changed by the Roman Catholic Church who admit this change did not come from scripture.

We all have free will, but even the disciples told us we ought to obey God over man.

• Winner
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Back to the OP: How do you think God will judge sin...?

He Won't. It's Over.
Jesus Put away Sin. (Hebrews 9:26)

Sin is no longer the measuring stick by which we are Judged. (Romans 5:13)

Today, we are either:
"In Adam", already condemned, regardless of whether we sin or not.

OR

We are:
"In Christ", saved even though we sin.

Sin has absolutely nothing to do with how we are judged.

In fact, it's ONLY Sinners that get saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Faith Unites

Mar 25, 2014
✟25,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nonsense. There is no scripture that says Jesus is the Sabbath. God defined the Sabbath Exodus 20;8-11, Isaiah 58:13 what God defined man should not try to change.

You might want to check out this post

Are non-Jewish Christians commanded to keep the 7th Day Sabbath
Psalm 95:11 - Matthew 11:28-30 - Hebrews 4:1-11 - Hebrews 10:1 - Jeremiah 31:33. The first 3 commandments are on how to love God, the 4th is to "keep a day", and the rest are on how to love others. Something doesn't fit here does it? Jesus is the bridge that connects and fulfills the law. We probably will not find common ground on this topic, but the scriptures are certainly there to support the idea that Jesus is the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 95:11 - Matthew 11:28-30 - Hebrews 4:1-11 - Hebrews 10:1 - Jeremiah 31:33. The first 3 commandments are on how to love God, the 4th is to "keep a day", and the rest are on how to love others. Something doesn't fit here does it? Jesus is the bridge that connects and fulfills the law. We probably will not find common ground on this topic, but the scriptures are certainly there to support the idea that Jesus is the Sabbath.
I agree with a few things that something doesn't fit and we will probably not agree. :)

None of the scripture say Jesus is the Sabbath. Giving rest and the Sabbath commandment are two different things.

Let's let scripture interpret scripture.

God spoke and wrote Exodus 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

This is the 4th commandment. No where does it say Jesus is the Sabbath. It plainly tells us to Remember and keep Holy the Sabbath day. We should do our work on six days Sunday to Friday and the seventh day we rest. We rest so we can keep the Sabbath holy. It also reference to Creation where God worked six days and rested on the seventh day. He also blessed the seventh day from creation and hallowed it. God does not need rest, this is meant to be an example for us.

There are two different rests in the scripture. The seventh day Sabbath rest that is the commandment of God and the rest in Christ we receive when we obey.

Hebrews is referring to both rests. This rest is the rest we receive in Christ when we obey God's commandments.

The Israelites did not receive Christs rest because they disobeyed God's Sabbath and 4th commandment.

Hebrews 4:6 and those to whom it was first preached did not enter because of disobedience,

Ezekiel 20: 13 Yet the house of Israel rebelled against Me in the wilderness; they did not walk in My statutes; they despised My judgments, ‘which, if a man does, he shall live by them’; and they greatly defiled My Sabbaths.

I am not sure why you quoted the New Covenant Jer 31:33 this does not say Jesus is the Sabbath. God is talking here about His laws in the New Covenant now written on our hearts and mind. His laws of course include the 4th commandment and the holy day of the Lord thy God. They are written in our hearts and we obey because of our love for God John 14:15, John 15:10, 1 John 5:3 and in our minds so we will do them. Be doers of the Word, not just hearers. James 1:22

Jer. 31:33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

I am not finding anything in the scriptures you posted that says Jesus is the Sabbath and we can disregard the 4th commandment that God asked for us to Remember and keep holy.

• Winner
Upvote 0