Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No one is telling you to get your righteousness from law keeping so the scriptures you provide here are not relevant in our discussion here. According to the scriptures we cannot get our righteousness from keeping the law because all of us have sinned and fall short of God's glory according to the scriptures (see Romans 3:9-23).

Our forgiveness only comes from God's mercy and grace that we can only receive as a free gift from God that comes by faith alone in Gods' promise of forgiveness as we believe and follow what Gods' Word says. Now so you understand what I believe and there is no misunderstandings, according to the scriptures, we are saved by grace through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God and not of works lest any man should boast *Ephesians 2:8-9.

As posted earlier, obedience to God's words are not how we are saved it is the fruit of genuine faith of one that is already been given Gods promise of forgiveness and salvation and the fruit of God's work in us *Philippians 2:13 as we believe and follow his word *John 10:26-27; Romans 8:1-4; Hebrews 8:10-12. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *James 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *Matthew 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50; Hebrews 10:26-27.

Therefore we do not abolish God's law through faith like some people teach but God's law is established in the heart by faith that works by love *Romans 3:31; 1 John 5:3-4; Romans 13:8-10. According to the scriptures, sin (breaking God' commandments and not believing and following God's Word) is the difference between the children of God and the children of the devil *1 John 3:6-10; 1 John 2:3-4; Revelation 12:17; Revelation 14:12; Revelation 22:14. At the second coming Christs reward is with him *Revelation 22:12.

Once again dear friend, Gods' Word does not teach lawlessness (without law), for without law we have no knowledge of what sin is *Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7. I asked you earlier do you know what the meaning of Matthew 9:12-13 is which you did not answer. Do you know the meaning the words of Jesus in Matthew 9:12-13? This demonstrates the purpose of the law (God's 10 commandments) in the new covenant.
Your response here...
"Yes look at the words in Romans 3:30-31, and for all people the law is established through faith. It cant be establishing the law that is without faith, as that law was not established, as it could not be, because it is the law of works. But, what is established is told just earlier in the passage, it is the LAW OF FAITH.. Romans 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Look at Romans 13 by all means, it is not speaking about the law of works, it is only speaking of the law of faith, ( the previous law of works is not of faith and cannot be taught, as it was without faith)
These are not taught to be kept, this is known in the heart by all who know that love is the fulfilling of the law, that is through the faith of Jesus Christ only, it is not in the Jewish law keeping religion, nor any similar man made religion that teaches law ( and words it any way they think is acceptable when it is not faith at all),,

Romans 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

The law is our own righteousness by law keeping ( is that not the religion of Judaism and always has been?)

Now there is a separate way ( narrow and hidden, which needs faith given to be revealed) and it is solely through the faith of Christ, ( never was mans faith) it is the righteousness which is of God by faith ( His faith, His righteousness) to know Christ, in the power ( belief) of His resurrection, the fellowship of His sufferings, being made the same as His death ( this is all the faith of Christ and is how you approach to the Father) and alive to righteousness is when you understand, all without faith still do all of those works of the flesh, even though they say they do not, because no one who teaches to not break the law, can keep the law, they teach letter, which is death, and not faith at all..

Philemon 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Romans 2:21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?

Your post here, really makes no sense in response to the post you are quoting from. No one is in Christ by breaking God's commandments and not believing and following what Gods Word says. Faith works through God's Word not outside and separate from it as faith comes my hearing and hearing by the Word of God *Romans 10:17 and without this faith that comes from Gods Word it is impossible to please God *Hebrews 11:6 because whatsoever is not of faith is sin *Romans 14:26. So no one is in Christ (the Word) by not believing and following what Gods' Word says.

Take Care.

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
It took you a few days to say what ?

Loves: "No one is in Christ by breaking God's commandments and not believing and following what Gods Word says. Faith works through God's Word not outside and separate from it as faith comes my hearing and hearing by the Word of God *Romans 10:17 and without this faith that comes from Gods Word it is impossible to please God *Hebrews 11:6 because whatsoever is not of faith is sin "

You think that faith is by teaching law?

Faith comes by hearing ( spiritual ears to hear the words of Spirit and life of Christ)

Sin is the teaching of the law, as the law is not of faith, and whosoever teaches law, teaches against the faith, therefore we conclude the law, but the law of faith...

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

1 Corinthians 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Stop being bewitched, and bewitching us "LoveGodsword"...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Galatians 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It took you a few days to say what ?

Loves: "No one is in Christ by breaking God's commandments and not believing and following what Gods Word says. Faith works through God's Word not outside and separate from it as faith comes my hearing and hearing by the Word of God *Romans 10:17 and without this faith that comes from Gods Word it is impossible to please God *Hebrews 11:6 because whatsoever is not of faith is sin "

You think that faith is by teaching law?

Faith comes by hearing ( spiritual ears to hear the words of Spirit and life of Christ)

Sin is the teaching of the law, as the law is not of faith, and whosoever teaches law, teaches against the faith, therefore we conclude the law, but the law of faith...

Romans 3:27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

1 Corinthians 15:56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

Stop being bewitched, and bewitching us "LoveGodsword"...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?
2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

Galatians 3:5 He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Repetition. Please see post # 358 linked that already answers this. Your making posts and arguments no one is arguing about.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟605,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does it matter if other people think you are either with or not with Jesus, or not, etc...?

God Bless!

A man was asked if he was a Christian. He said, ask my neighbor

Last edited:
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
"A man was asked if was a Christian. He said, ask my neighbor"

Should have asked God...

Luke 6:
32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

Proverbs 18:24 A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

Psalm 28:3 Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.

Proverbs 27:14 He that blesseth his friend with a loud voice, rising early in the morning, it shall be counted a curse to him.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
33 Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth.
34 But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

John 5:41 I receive not honour from men.
42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

Jeremiah 17:5 Thus saith the Lord; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the Lord.
6 For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.
7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.
8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and see post 359, and your answer to post 358, and your answer after a few days, has been answered right away.
Sorry, I do not understand your point here. Your post in 359 was repetition and arguments no one was arguing about already addressed in some detail post # 358.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
LoveGodsword: "Repetition. Please see post # 358 linked that already answers this. Your making posts and arguments no one is arguing about.

"Your post in 359 was repetition and arguments no one was arguing about already addressed in some detail post # 358."

Sounds like you don't mind being repetitive.

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Skywriting: "I can help you out. We are all guilty.
This explains that:

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"

Does your name reflect upon having your head up in the clouds, and not looking down on reality ?

It cant be Heavenly writing, as one verse does not cut it.

Here is your supporting verses:

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Daniel 4:35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

1 John 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

Romans 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

Romans 10:16 But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Upvote 0