Sin is a matter of ones personal conscience.

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
in a sense he did that and many are experiencing it.

also if he said that it would be true because our conception of "God" and "existence" is probably so wrong that if God said that he probably said it for our sake and so yes it is true because it is foolish to think that a finite creature can comprehend an infinite being.

Interesting proposal ... how can truth lie, yet truth can appear as a serpent, and often does; though there is purpose in a lie, just as their are more children of the desolate.

Without being cut off from God, you cannot be God.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeaceJoyLove
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well yes; for every verse that says one thing, it seems there's another that says the complete opposite. We all need to draw our own conclusions as to why that is.
I sat in a meeting back in the 1980s in which Dr Derek Prince was the speaker. He started off by holding his arm straight out to the side. He then flexed the arm so his fingers touched his shoulder. Then he repeated the action and asked "Which is right?" Every one looked confused. "Which is right? This;" he extended his arm, "or this?" He flexed it back to his shoulder again. "They are exactly opposite actions. Surely one must be right and the other wrong." He repeated the extend and flex action a couple more times.

No one spoke up. So he said that both were correct at the proper time and situation. He went on to list several "dynamic tensions" in the bible and said that with out opposing truths in the Bible, the body of Christ would be paralyzed; only able to either extend or flex.

The point was to listen to the Holy Spirit to see which verse/action is proper for each different situation.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have already proved that is NOT the case. You are denying scripture to hold that position.

In one form, sin is a mind of degrees that defines something as numerable, or measured; which (among other scriptural pictures) is relative to a husband not your own.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I sat in a meeting back in the 1980s in which Dr Derek Prince was the speaker. He started off by holding his arm straight out to the side. He then flexed the arm so his fingers touched his shoulder. Then he repeated the action and asked "Which is right?" Every one looked confused. "Which is right? This;" he extended his arm, "or this?" He flexed it back to his shoulder again. "They are exactly opposite actions. Surely one must be right and the other wrong." He repeated the extend and flex action a couple more times.

No one spoke up. So he said that both were correct at the proper time and situation. He went on to list several "dynamic tensions" in the bible and said that with out opposing truths in the Bible, the body of Christ would be paralyzed; only able to either extend or flex.

The point was to listen to the Holy Spirit to see which verse/action is proper for each different situation.

It goes so much deeper than this ...

God as a son is conceived when a woman is overshadowed.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In one form, sin is a mind of degrees that defines something as numerable, or measured; which (among other scriptural pictures) is relative to a husband not your own.
It goes so much deeper than this ...
God as a son is conceived when a woman is overshadowed.
???
I have absolutely no idea how what you write has anything to do with what I posted, or even this whole thread.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this thread not about perception ...
The title says it is about the definition of sin, which is concrete and not affected by perception.

Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
???
I have absolutely no idea how what you write has anything to do with what I posted, or even this whole thread.
"Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth."

EDIT: ...seems it might be about perception, as in the question God asked Adam when he suddenly saw himself naked and ashamed, "Where art thou?"

• Friendly
Reactions: Aseyesee
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The title says it is about the definition of sin, which is concrete and not affected by perception.

I would say the title is about consciousness.

Jesus believed he was in heaven when talking to Nicodemous, the father when answering Philip, the son when acknowledging Peter, and rebuked by him when revealing the lamb that he was; which really has everything to do with this thread, as it does with one in whom there was no sin; the things that make us unclean coming out of us.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟74,422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We perceive from either the dust/earth realm or spirit/kingdom realm. "One" cannot exist while two remain within/duality. Our definition/perception changes/progresses as we grow up into HIM...which has everything to do with perceiving...good/evil, light/darkness and being blind that we might see.

"For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God."

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Aseyesee
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have already proved that is NOT the case. You are denying scripture to hold that position.

Thanks, but I don't hold that position. I've been at this Bible study thing a while.

Upvote 0

stevenfrancis

Disciple
Dec 28, 2012
United States
Visit site
✟47,642.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This, then is the one and only definition for sin, refusing the guidance of The Holy Spirit.
Essentially. Our conscience, (IF well formed by grace and catechesis), is where the Holy Spirit of God resides. Since the incarnation, and the sending down of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, the law is "written on the heart" of Christians. When you, with knowledge of right and wrong which is a grace of God through the Holy Spirit, make a conscious decision to do something we know is wrong, we are sinning. When that sin concerns grave matter, (i.e. breaking a commandment for instance), it is a sin which critically wounds our relationship with God. We will still be given the grace because of our baptism to feel guilt, which will help us to seek to repent, and turn away from the sin and return to God's good grace. But we must accept the gift of the grace of God in order to repent, because repentance is an act of human will made possible by grace and faith.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well yes; for every verse that says one thing, it seems there's another that says the complete opposite. We all need to draw our own conclusions as to why that is.

Until you can show me a verse that says the opposite of John 3:16, then I'm going to take it as being true.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Until you can show me a verse that says the opposite of John 3:16, then I'm going to take it as being true.
I already did, in post #106, to which you had responded with John 3:16 as though it negated it.

Upvote 0