Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is a moral authority that is above the law on which I determine such things as abortion to be immoral. When it comes to voting, there isn't, so what is legal as far as voting goes, is moral

Ah, so you're the final say all when it comes to what is moral and not moral based on the legality of it? You've really dug a hole for yourself this time, no amount of semantics will get you out of it...

Upvote 0

xMinionX

Contributor
Dec 2, 2003
✟18,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So in other words, you're inconsistent.

it took you two days to come up with that lame an answer? either the law transfers moral authority or it doesn't. you can't pick and choose, mach. it transfers legal authority and nothing more. moral authority comes from elsewhere, and like i told you before, God knows your heart. you can try to fool yourself, but you are not fooling anyone here, and you certainly aren't fooling God. you know why? because He is where moral authority dwells, not the law.
you have seriously lost your way, mach. pray about it. God will speak to you on this, i promise you.

So you cherry pick legal issues and apply your moral code as you believe it should be, then come here and spread shovel loads of opinions as if you were fertilizing a garden.

It is no wonder why you aren't taken seriously.

Ah, so you're the final say all when it comes to what is moral and not moral based on the legality of it? You've really dug a hole for yourself this time, no amount of semantics will get you out of it...
Any of you care to venture an explanation of the Biblical perspective on switching political parties. If I see it posted before I have to go out of town again and CF stops acting up, I'll respond as quick as I can, just for ReverendB's sake

Upvote 0

ImmortalTechnique

Senior Veteran
May 10, 2005
✟15,270.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
those wasting their time engaging in "operation chaos" will spend the next eight years wondering if perhaps their time had been better spent trying to convince people why John McCain was in any way qualified to be President, as they suffer through the peace and prosperity of an Obama administration. Unfortunately their hatred of America will not allow them to enjoy her success, as they only seem to revel in her failures, like the Bush years

Upvote 0

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
Any of you care to venture an explanation of the Biblical perspective on switching political parties. If I see it posted before I have to go out of town again and CF stops acting up, I'll respond as quick as I can, just for ReverendB's sake
be glad to show you what it says about a disingenuous and dishonest nature. which, by the way, are perfectly legal, and by your standards, of course, moral as well.

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Any of you care to venture an explanation of the Biblical perspective on switching political parties.

I didn't realize that the Bible actually covered political parties. Although, just as the good reverend B pointed out, there is much on Biblical perspective when it comes to dishonesty. This is where Rush Limbaugh falters time after time after time.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
be glad to show you what it says about a disingenuous and dishonest nature. which, by the way, are perfectly legal, and by your standards, of course, moral as well.
Do that, and then relate it to the situation at hand

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So you cherry pick legal issues and apply your moral code as you believe it should be, then come here and spread shovel loads of opinions as if you were fertilizing a garden.

It is no wonder why you aren't taken seriously.
And what do we call those who do such things? Moral relativists.

Game, set, match.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And what do we call those who do such things? Moral relativists.

Game, set, match.
Ringo
A moral relativist will usually tolerate others with whom they may morally disagree. I see no tolerance in this case.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do that, and then relate it to the situation at hand
So then are you proposing that there exists a biblical argument to support underhandedness?

WWJD? Mach I suppose that you think that Jesus would resort to petty underhanded tactics.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So then are you proposing that there exists a biblical argument to support underhandedness?

WWJD? Mach I suppose that you think that Jesus would resort to petty underhanded tactics.
I don't saee it as underhanded but rather shrewd. There is no point of voting further in the Republican primary, so why not vote in the Democrt's primary for the candidate you would prefer to face off in the general election. There is no law against voting against a candidate as opposed to voting for another, as far as I know. And by the way, there are examples of actual underhandedness being rewarded in the Bible

Upvote 0

ImmortalTechnique

Senior Veteran
May 10, 2005
✟15,270.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
None of this will matter when President Obama signs Senator McCain's immigration reform bill... John McCain will lose the election, and he'll get to stop lying about his beliefs. Those who believed his lies will sit in wonderment, and wonder why they couldn't get organized for their own elections and elect someone who represents them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't saee it as underhanded but rather shrewd.
Well you're wrong.

To illustrate why I'm going to use the the stock market. Shrewd would be recognizing the potential in company then buying stock. Underhanded would be buying a company's stock then using public opinion to drive down the stock of the companies competitors thus giving the company a competitive advantage.

There is no point of voting further in the Republican primary, so why not vote in the Democrt's primary for the candidate you would prefer to face off in the general election.
See!!! Underhanded!

Also, the purpose of Operation Chaos was not to help Clinton get the nomination. Why do you insist on perpetuating that lie? The purpose of Operation Chaos, as expressed by Rush in Ingram, is to keep the democrats off balance and in the nomination process longer.

There is no law against voting against a candidate as opposed to voting for another, as far as I know.
As has been shown to you repeatedly, yes changing parties to oppose that party is in fact a felony.

And by the way, there are examples of actual underhandedness being rewarded in the Bible
Which I'm sure you will be providing.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well you're wrong.
No, I'm right
To illustrate why I'm going to use the the stock market. Shrewd would be recognizing the potential in company then buying stock. Underhanded would be buying a company's stock then using public opinion to drive down the stock of the companies competitors thus giving the company a competitive advantage.

See!!! Underhanded!
Apples and oranges
Also, the purpose of Operation Chaos was not to help Clinton get the nomination. Why do you insist on perpetuating that lie? The purpose of Operation Chaos, as expressed by Rush in Ingram, is to keep the democrats off balance and in the nomination process longer.
Still sounds like a valid tactic to me. Of course, if the Democrat candidates weren't so weak that they had to sink to the politics of personal destruction, such a tactic wouldn't be workable
As has been shown to you repeatedly, yes changing parties to oppose that party is in fact a felony.
I haven't seen any such evidence at all. Moreover, you haven't demonstrated that anybody has violated any law.

Which I'm sure you will be providing.
See the story of Rahab the harlot who lied to her own countrymen to save the Israelite spies and was rewarded with her own safety and that of her family and ended up being in the earthly geneological line of Jesus

Upvote 0

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
No, I'm right
Apples and oranges
Still sounds like a valid tactic to me. Of course, if the Democrat candidates weren't so weak that they had to sink to the politics of personal destruction, such a tactic wouldn't be workable
I haven't seen any such evidence at all. Moreover, you haven't demonstrated that anybody has violated any law.

See the story of Rahab the harlot who lied to her own countrymen to save the Israelite spies and was rewarded with her own safety and that of her family and ended up being in the earthly geneological line of Jesus
rahab was underhanded to the people that are cast as the bad guys in the story. to the heroes of the story, she is brave and a life saver. is that your point? republicans good/democrats bad? is that your inciteful view of this spectacle that rush has created?
powerfully lame.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
rahab was underhanded to the people that are cast as the bad guys in the story. to the heroes of the story, she is brave and a life saver. is that your point? republicans good/democrats bad? is that your inciteful view of this spectacle that rush has created?
powerfully lame.
Let's see. God says homosexuality is a perversion. Democrats say it is not. God says that in the womb He knew you. Democrats say that is impossible. God says to let no unwholesome word come out of your mouth. Democrats say people have a right to unwholesomeness and beyond, i.e. inappropriate contentography. So being shrewd in defeating a Democrat agenda would seem to be a noble goal from my perspective.

Upvote 0

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Let's see. God says homosexuality is a perversion. Democrats say it is not. God says that in the womb He knew you. Democrats say that is impossible. God says to let no unwholesome word come out of your mouth. Democrats say people have a right to unwholesomeness and beyond, i.e. inappropriate contentography. So being shrewd in defeating a Democrat agenda would seem to be a noble goal from my perspective.
That's an awful lot of Biblical cherry picking going on there.

Homosexuality: God also says to love thy neighbor. He also sent Jesus into the world to save the world not to condemn it. I'd say that they Democratic view is by far the more Biblical.

Upvote 0