Monticello MN
✟42,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Will after changing my shift (not by choice); along with everyone else in fresh food but it took me a week but SICK OF MY JOB! This may sound bad but most people were angry must earlier than me. Not sure if it is from poor diet, stress at work but feeling sick to my stomach.

Got to work early this morning and because 2nd shift fresh food was so short, had that must more work to do. So after spending more than half my work day in frozen; which shouldn't have been a problem because I didn't have the biggest meat truck, but as soon as I start doing the Meat Wall the Manager tells me we have to scan everything in before we work it, now understand i am not use to doing this and our computers and system are all screw up. So because of lack of time after doing the frozen food, I scan and am sure items can go out, but don't get a beep from the computer so according to the system it can't go out. So after finishing the freight I kid you not the Meat Wall look twice as worse as it did when I came in.

If I didn't have to many occurrences I would call in; really am that frustrated with work. Trying to be happy I have a job; so please pray that God will help me. Thank God haven't gotten much sleep but still feel will rested. Going to try to go to sleep again.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Will after changing my shift (not by choice); along with everyone else in fresh food but it took me a week but SICK OF MY JOB! This may sound bad but most people were angry must earlier than me. Not sure if it is from poor diet, stress at work but feeling sick to my stomach.

Got to work early this morning and because 2nd shift fresh food was so short, had that must more work to do. So after spending more than half my work day in frozen; which shouldn't have been a problem because I didn't have the biggest meat truck, but as soon as I start doing the Meat Wall the Manager tells me we have to scan everything in before we work it, now understand i am not use to doing this and our computers and system are all screw up. So because of lack of time after doing the frozen food, I scan and am sure items can go out, but don't get a beep from the computer so according to the system it can't go out. So after finishing the freight I kid you not the Meat Wall look twice as worse as it did when I came in.

If I didn't have to many occurrences I would call in; really am that frustrated with work. Trying to be happy I have a job; so please pray that God will help me. Thank God haven't gotten much sleep but still feel will rested. Going to try to go to sleep again.

Try 1/4 of 1 MG of Melatonin for quicker sleep. Get a chewable kind and let it dissolve in your mouth. Or even non-chewable becasue it's not bitter. And a pitch black room. I also use a fan for white noise.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you work retail or something. Do one thing; get yourself a back brace. It will help your back, hopefully increase your stamina, and reduce exhaustion. Get with your department, zone, or area manager and explain what you're facing, get some pointers, and learn ways to do the job more successfully, and reduce your own stress level in the process.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Praying.

I worked in a supermarket for some time before I went in the Army. Low man on the totem pole so got to do everything no one else wanted to do.

When I worked cleaning up the meat butcher areas I found singing helped pass the time. I really did not mind all the back area jobs. It was stocking which was a pain. Unless you work the graveyard shift, stocking can be difficult working around customers.

I did not understand the fresh food part of your post. However, I used to pack my own meals even though the employees could buy and prepare food at work. We had a decent kitchen and break area due to the local union.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:prayer:
It's tough when bosses change things around (or corporate) "just because". Maybe it's a rotten part of the whole job so they rotate everyone around to share so no one is stuck all the time trying to do what seems like a thankless job? My suggestion is to have a meeting/discussion with the boss who changed your shift and see why and for how long and such... and be sure to politely make it clear that you don't like not being able to do the work to your high standards ;) (But don't make it sound like you can't do the work or he might release you!)

Father we ask for Your intervention. May the boss see all who are struggling with change and give them encouragement or support. And LORD I ask that you give JES peace and guidance and the realization that he can only do the best he can do and being upset does no one any good, especially the one upset. Father we are all called to do our jobs to Your glory, whether we like them much or not. If this situation isn't workable for JES then please Lord, give him a change for better. In Jesus' name.

Upvote 0

mukk_in

Yankees Fan
Site Supporter
Oct 13, 2009
Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Praying for you brother, but you're not alone. Lot of us enjoy what we do, but the rules and regulations make us sick. Will be praying for you. Peace in Christ :).

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
May God give you the strength, energy, and skills you need to do your job with excellence and with a good attitude until He directs you to a new assignment. May He show you how to approach management when the need arises and give you favor with them. May He enable you to be a blessing to the business and to be His Light to your fellow workers.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Father, I pray that You will work things out for this one to have peace on this job, or provide another job in which You can do that. I pray that this one will look to You for strength, guidance on the job, and provision and protection, and that they can enjoy a proper attitude through knowing that You want to help. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums