Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, the same can be said for Schumer. A great Senate minority leader, wielding the power and influence Schumer does, should “whip up the votes to pass legislation” with funding for the wall. After all, this is every bit Schumer’s country as Mitch’s, and Schumer should be so eager and willing, as you say Mitch should, to conjure votes for legislation that can end the shutdown, such as funding for a wall.

The problem with your logic is it’s a two way street, running right up to the front porch of Schumer, but you treat your logic as a one way to Mitch.
Because nobody wants this wall and to fund it would allow Donny to get away with a lie. So no....the deal is $0 for the wall or nothing. It's not both sides when Donny said on camera that he'd "take the mantle" for the shutdown.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hasted to add that Donny has has 2+ years to sell the American people on this wall we supposedly need. Polling in favor of it hasn't gone up; it's sunk. He had two years of unified Republican control of Congress and did nothing at all about getting his precious wall. Democrats are no more willing to fund this wall than they were when the shutdown started.

Donny has utterly failed in making his case for this wall or doing anything to actually make sure it was built. He dimly seemed to realize that a Democratic House would lower the chances of getting the wall, so only then did he decide to start blustering about declaring an emergency and throwing a fit over funding that he said we would never even have to pay. This is 100% on him and I have no sympathy for argument that Schumer or Pelosi have an responsibility to own this shutdown.
Ringo

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Okay, using generic terminology, such as “deals” and “get this done” can create a lot of confusion. Is this referring to legislation that includes wall funding? Is this referring to legislation without wall funding?

I understood your comment of “two years” to “get this done” to be a reference to wall funding. Maybe it wasn’t. Now you referenced “deals” and I have no context what “deals” you’re referencing, other than the December 2018 one, which I referenced before.

They, who is they, had two years to get “what” done?

It included wall funding and back then dems weren't trying to specify how he could use it, other than the type of wall he could build (existing types) or asking for specific plans on how he planned to employ the funds.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Look at this: 43% of registered Republican voters think Donny's "beautiful steel slats" are worth it, per a CBS poll.
Nick Gourevitch on Twitter

Who even wants this thing anymore other than Donny himself?
Ringo

Upvote 0

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The Drudge Report has that the shutdown is ending today... IT IS DAY 35 SO ME AND THREE OTHERS ARE THE LUCKY WINNERS!

I screenshot this so no one would cheat.

poll_shutdown.PNG

drudge_shutdown.PNG

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Drudge Report has that the shutdown is ending today... IT IS DAY 35 SO ME AND THREE OTHERS ARE THE LUCKY WINNERS!

I screenshot this so no one would cheat.

View attachment 249933

View attachment 249934

I initially chose 22-28 days. After that passed, I figured it would last until section 8 payments stopped since Kushner has properties that receive it. I'm glad it's over, for now at least.

Upvote 0

evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I initially chose 22-28 days. After that passed, I figured it would last until section 8 payments stopped since Kushner has properties that receive it. I'm glad it's over, for now at least.
Trump has no more credibility on keeping it closed and workers know that he won't let it go too long without pay => his leverage is gone.

Trump's done here.

Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0