Show off your Character Contest(Finished)

May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Blake: "Thanks, I had fun too! Thanks for the match, Mister!"

OOC: I'm currently trying to write a Superhero Novel about my Character Blank, I got the idea from the three visions that God gave me. Unfortunately I've had Writer's Block, and cannot think of any ideas at this time, however I will let you know when I do have Ideas. The original plan was to make a superhero that is cool, overpowered, and Glorifies God. Thanks for your prayers they mean a lot to me.

Moving on. Would you like to continue the Tournament with different Characters? If so we can each create another character, and meet back here. Otherwise, we could move on to the next test with the characters we already have.

Blank: Not many Posters have shown up Coleton, at this rate only the two of you will be able to earn the title Character Master.

OOC: Yeah, hey Blank, will you tell me about yourself, IRL I'm trying to write a book about you.

Blank: My advice is don't. I'm a real person from the future remember? I'll probably keep a diary anyway, so don't worry.

OOC: Okay! Anyway Brotherly Spirit, it's up to you, more of Tournament of Ages, or proceed to the next test?

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OOC: A Christian superhero would be awesome, especially seeing how he relates to everyone being overpowered and humbly worships God. Nearest to your character is Superman who I've considered to be my favorite superhero, could be a god himself but use his power for good.

I think the next stage would be interesting to try.

Linking: Mister

A secluded shrine near the bottom of high mountains with surrounding wilderness; cool peak tops and warm forests below.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
OOC: A Christian superhero would be awesome, especially seeing how he relates to everyone being overpowered and humbly worships God. Nearest to your character is Superman who I've considered to be my favorite superhero, could be a god himself but use his power for good.

A secluded shrine near the bottom of high mountains with surrounding wilderness; cool peak tops and warm forests below.
Here's a perspective: John the Baptist said of the Lord Jesus: "He must increase, but I must decrease" (John 3.30)

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's a perspective: John the Baptist said of the Lord Jesus: "He must increase, but I must decrease" (John 3.30)

He's the real deal and better than any superheroes!

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah the whole purpose of it is to Glorify God, if at any time I feel it's not doing that, I'll stop. The truth is I've always been into Superheroes, but I find that almost every superhero movie or comic nowadays has something bad in it, like profanity in most of them or supporting bad ideals like Homosexuality in an episode of Supergirl. If feel we've really lost what a real hero is, and The REAL Hero is Jesus! The character Blank is a just a vessel, that's all, used to show Jesus is the real hero. I've always Planned on writing it in a way that glorifies God, but now even Blank himself says I shouldn't.

The main problem I would have is writing it an a way that doesn't glorify the characters instead of God, which is the usual for most comics to glorify the characters.

But now I don't know. I'll take your advice, farouk. I'll do my best to submit myself entirely to Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah the whole purpose of it is to Glorify God, if at any time I feel it's not doing that, I'll stop. The truth is I've always been into Superheroes, but I find that almost every superhero movie or comic nowadays has something bad in it, like profanity in most of them or supporting bad ideals like Homosexuality in an episode of Supergirl. If feel we've really lost what a real hero is, and The REAL Hero is Jesus! The character Blank is a just a vessel, that's all, used to show Jesus is the real hero. I've always Planned on writing it in a way that glorifies God, but now even Blank himself says I shouldn't.

The main problem I would have is writing it an a way that doesn't glorify the characters instead of God, which is the usual for most comics to glorify the characters.

But now I don't know. I'll take your advice, farouk. I'll do my best to submit myself entirely to Jesus.

OOC: Don't worry yourself too much about it! Remember the Lord is merciful to those who have a pure heart. It's about what you have in mind, which is being inspired by him and expressing yourself accordingly. But it doesn't hurt to consider what others say, except when all is said you should listen to God. Whether it's him, you or them speaking.

As for glorifying God, I was reading this Study Guide posted; finished what I had left and decided to read something related to it. Was John 6:15, then I read it through to verse 40; we tend to have human expectations of God by imposing our will on him (wants) and not accepting his will as intended for us (needs). (John 6:26-27) What this does is it makes him the same as us being a man of this world and not as he actually is such as Jesus being of the Father as the Son. I think the distinction is a real hero's known by the good they've done for others, and a super hero's known by the power they've shown others. (John 6:32-33)

May God bless us today to have faith in his Son, while serving him and not ourselves!

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

@Coleton Bryce Ritmanich

OOC: Just in case you missed it with all the other posts. I'm ready for the next test if you are too.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
@Coleton Bryce Ritmanich

OOC: Just in case you missed it with all the other posts. I'm ready for the next test if you are too.

I'm trying to figure out if I should post each question for the characters individually or as a group all together, e.g. Question 1, then you post or Question 1 Question 2 etc. etc. What do you think is the right way, I mean it would take a while to ask each question and have an answer separately, especially for different characters.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm trying to figure out if I should post each question for the characters individually or as a group all together, e.g. Question 1, then you post or Question 1 Question 2 etc. etc. What do you think is the right way, I mean it would take a while to ask each question and have an answer separately, especially for different characters.

OOC: Well as an r.pg. I think it'd be too short I think it's be too short, one post has all the questions and couple posts after getting both character's response. But I guess it depends how much questions you plan to ask, possibly a few questions per post would be the best of both worlds. Not too many to answer at once or not enough slowly answering per question.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OOC: Okay, There are supposed to be 10 questions, then after that our characters would talk to each other, I think two at a time, that wouldn't be too short, right? I guess it really depends on how long the questions are.

Blank: I can tell you don't know what to ask, Poster Coleton.

OOC: WHAT? HOW?

Blank: Fortunately for you I have no limit, so I'll help you.

OOC: Thanks...

Blank: Question number One: What is your favorite color? Mine is all of the colors, LOL!

OOC: Blank, did you just say LOL?

Blank: Yes, yes I did. Second Question: What is your dream or purpose? Please remember that these questions are for the characters. Please respond as you sincerely feel that they would.

OOC: Cool, starting out simple, I like it.

Blank: Please also remember that you may ask me personally about anything at any time during the course of this test.

OOC: Yeah, about that. Blank what do you do anyway? I mean being overpowered must be boring, right?

Blank: Not really. What I usually do is go where God sends me, and do what he says to do. Brotherly Spirit, do you have any questions for me? Also, I have to pick a new song for the next test, You are loved has been playing on loop for this entire time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OOC: No it's not too short, I think two per post for total of ten is ideal.

Mister: Obviously my favorite color is purple, it's strong in it's boldness while mild in sight. Very fitting of my character wouldn't you agree? What a deep question to ponder about one's self, I'll say my dream is having a purpose; which I believe is inherent inside us waiting to be unleash, I was gifted to express my whole being in the discipline of a well-suited warrior.

OCC: Always himself upfront without hesitation. Well I can least say Mister is an honest character, even when he doesn't have the slightest clue how he sounds. o_O

Blank I haven't notice any other characters linked here, am I only here? Also where had God sent you before this tournament, and why did you decide to host it?

Oh a new song, I can't wait! (very late edit correction)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
OOC: Linking Blake MacAurthor

Blank: I'm linking Blake here, he seems a perfect fit.

Blake: My favorite color is green, as it's the color of life, and my dream is to be strong enough to protect the ones I love, from anything.

Blank: To answer your question, before this tournament, I had recently been sent by God to a certain church to help them out, and I did. Right now Coleton is currently a member of that church, but I exist in the future, after Coleton dies and goes to Heaven. Right now technically I'm just a voice in his head, but I will exist. The real reason I host this three part test, is to find new people to eventually give part of my power too. It's actually very good that you're here. The test is designed to find the Character Master, which is the person who will eventually become a great man or woman of God, and fight along side me in the future, though technically we all have the potential to do it, the first Character Master is said to be the third most powerful human of all time not counting the Trinity. Though Jesus was the only that took human form out of the three.

It's very important that I find the Character Master, and I know Coleton isn't it. Which leaves Brotherly Spirit or who ever else Joins.

OOC: What!? For real!? I just thought we were doing it for fun.

Blank: This is very real.

OOC: Okay, then....

Blank: The third Question: Do you prefer sweets or steaks?

The fourth question: What are some of the gifts or blessings you believe God has given you?

OOC: Ignore what Blank said besides the questions, I guess I was just trying to add to the story or something.

Blank: As for the music, I choose, More, by Matthew West. *Blank plays the chosen music in the background where all can hear.*

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OOC: Interesting as my favorite color is green too. Ever since I was a child having a favorite show which had a character who stood out in his shiny green suit. (Go Go Power Rangers)

Also awesome background story, it's what r.p.gs are all about. Add anything to the story you think would be beneficial. All the more important to win this tournament to serve along side Blank in the future. Who knows what evil forces will be imposes upon the innocents. But wait, if he's from the future--then Blank you know what lies ahead. Is these tests the test to show ourselves prepared for whats coming?

Mister: "Indeed Sir, the fullness of that color is ideal for your character displayed. I'll never forget our showdown, which lacked nothing as it was all put on the line."

*Had to think a minute as he's health conscious as a matter of discipline to perfect his body* "Well in the uncivilized world of the modern man, it's all contaminated; the treatment and process, very inhumane and unnatural. But I can't forget the even more processed tastiness tempting to my fleshy gut. I rather eat vegetables and fruits, plentiful nutrients; if I must then some added sweets there and here as I'm doing it for the animals you know."

*No hesitation whatsoever!* "If you must ask, it's my iron will to put mind over body. How else would I overcome trained for this art of combat? Few are chosen for such a life of difficulty and the suffering. It's been a blessing I have the courage to face what's in front regardless. Could be said it's the uniqueness of my being as I'm created, my talent given and then skills gained to match." *Thinks how great the creator must be to have created him. Oddly in his own way he's humbly thankful.*

OOC: Uplifting song that's touching to the heart, great song picked for the test.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Blake: STEAKS! Definitely Steaks, at the end of my training, Blank and Samuel took me out to eat, and Blank paid. I had about four or five juicy tender humongous steaks, actually now that I think about it, it must have cost a lot, how did Blank afford it?

I'm blessed to have had such good friends, and masters.

Blank: These are tests to find the Character Master, who in this time has not fully awakened yet, he or she is said to be awakened to the world around him or her. And yes I know the future, but I changed it by coming back and hosting this examination, therefore anything the knowledge of that future can do is rendered void. The only things that won't change is what God himself wants to happen. Truth be told, God will prepare all those who ask him. So like the bible says, ask and receive.

OOC: Thanks this song is one of my favorites!

Blank: Question number Five: If you were working on a super important project, and it would go faster if someone helped you, would you ask for help?

Question number 6: There is a pool of water, do you try to swim in it or walk on the water?

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OOC: Quite the appetite you have there, I guess warriors need the food. Sometimes Mister gorges, I exaggerate, but he eats large slices of watermelon and plenty of apples with huge bowls of rice in a single meal. That's only the start as he eats much through the day.

It's great to have people you can rely upon. Truly a blessing from God! One of the many things of him giving our lives meaning, ultimately I believe meaning is what gives it all purpose.

Mister: "Enough now, it's all interesting to hear; but I must get to the remainder of the test. Wouldn't want to keep everyone waiting!" *Felt the need to remind people of the reason they're here.*

"As a capable man trained with discipline, I'd first consider what I could do to start; then as it progress I would so humbly ask for assistance if needed." *Felt humbled just saying it, as if he was confessing his humility for others. But he meant every word surprisingly.* "A pool is for the young to relax themselves as they play in the delightful sun. I would however give it a go, swim some, not long as then after being a gentleman of age would lay myself in glorious rays from the heavens."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Blake: "I was once told by master Samuel, never do alone what should be done in a group, and if I cannot handle something on my own, there's no shame in calling out for help." *Was a little surprised at question 6.* "Honestly I would try and walk on it, Blank can walk on water, I would want to as well."

Blank: Question number 7: There is a dual rainbow, that is two rainbows side by side, do you take a picture of it or do you keep going onwards?

Question number eight: A friend needs your help, and you can tell, but he or she doesn't ask for help at all, do you help your friend even if it means making him or her mad?

Please remember that there's a reason I ask certain questions in the way that I ask them.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mister: "Hmmm, interesting answer sir." *Though not exactly his approach, he couldn't find fault with Blake's humility and spirit. In a way he felt the lost youth of himself, but joyfully so as he was inspired by this young man.*

"Oh pardon me, let me answer you!" *Was lost in his thought, then embarrassingly realize questions were asked.* "Okay, so those were the questions; I'd continue with my life having those memories, accept what's there and go; else the risk of being left behind and finding yourself lost. *Said honestly, but with a hint of trying to sound wiser than otherwise.*

"Intriguing, yet I must say, you can only help the willing. It's not a question of how they feel, but whether your help is welcomed or wasted. If the able-bodied person won't walk, how am I to walk for them?"

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Blank: Question number 9: There is a crossroads before you, with two paths, one leads you down a dark and narrow path, and the other will lead you home, which do you choose?

Sorry, but I have to be vague on this as if I reveal too much I lose the point of asking this particular question.

And finally question number 10: You meet a stranger alongside the road, and he asks for help, specifically he asks for a fish for dinner that night, what's your response?

That's all for the questions. After all participants answer, we can proceed to a room where all characters that have participated so far may discuss how they feel about the Depth of Soul test and the Tournament of Ages exam.

So posters please, link all characters that have participated in both exams. For Poster Coleton, that would mean, characters Coleton, and Blake, as well as myself, Blank. As I will be participating in that part of the exam.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OOC: Sorry again for getting post late. I've noticed Blake didn't answer previous questions. Guess it's your turn Mister, go ahead with your answers.

Mister: "Indeed!" *Said with a serious face, yet an eager voice.* "In life it depends, listen to a man who has been there; for me my home is where I make it, regardless of the path I'm fearless before men." *Nods his head approvingly having a confused look of surprise, a moment of inspiration he didn't know was there. Yet as the next question was answered, he was less so inspired than as himself as he were.* "A man ought to fish for himself, I can't feed him forever!"

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Blake: I would take the path that is dark and narrow, I'm curious to see where it would lead, also like Mister said, I cannot feed the man forever, so I guess the obvious answer would be to teach him how to fish? Is that right?

Blank: No, there are no right answers, Blake. It's based on the person's preference. Through these ten questions, and the responses given I've narrowed down on who the character master might be. Of course it's not Poster Coleton, and that only leaves Poster Brotherly Spirit anyway, but still the tests still stand.

Now please link all of your characters for the next part of this exam.

OOC: Linking Blake MacAurthor

Blank

Coleton

Upvote 0