Show me scripture that supports ABORTION.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Pro-choice people are not real people as they dont have the ncessary awareness of reality, so they shouldnt be allowed to have opinions. How about that?

Perhaps you would like to address the point that Lux et Lex has raised about the breath of life. You keep ignoring that point.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am looking foward to doing so once you guys start addressing the points put to you instead of repeatinmg your person al mantras.

Hold it--I really haven't participated much in this thread so please don't accuse me of repeating anything. All I did was ask that you answer a question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Archivist,
Perhaps you would like to address the point that Lux et Lex has raised about the breath of life. You keep ignoring that point.
No I did not ignore it and the thread is about scripture that supports abortion, the scriptures about the breath of life that God imparts aren’t about humans aborting the unborn. Furthermore there are two instances in the scriptures, one where God breaths life into creation and into dead bones, and the other where the Holy Spirit is breathed into people. So whilst God created all people and they have breath, they are all children of God, they aren’t sons of God through faith in Christ with the Holy Spirit.
If you wish to argue the breath of life it already flounders on the fact that there are various scriptures, not least Psalm 139, Job and Jeremiah 1 refer to God forming and knowing people in the womb. Even to use the breath of life argument you have to disregard these scriptures. It is making the assumption that humans can choose to destroy what God's word says God knows and is forming in the womb. Its playing god.

Upvote 0

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Archivist,

No I did not ignore it and the thread is about scripture that supports abortion, the scriptures about the breath of life that God imparts aren’t about humans aborting the unborn. Furthermore there are two instances in the scriptures, one where God breaths life into creation and into dead bones, and the other where the Holy Spirit is breathed into people. So whilst God created all people and they have breath, they are all children of God, they aren’t sons of God through faith in Christ with the Holy Spirit.
If you wish to argue the breath of life it already flounders on the fact that there are various scriptures, not least Psalm 139, Job and Jeremiah 1 refer to God forming and knowing people in the womb. Even to use the breath of life argument you have to disregard these scriptures. It is making the assumption that humans can choose to destroy what God's word says God knows and is forming in the womb. Its playing god.

"Knowing" someone in the womb can mean that God's plan for them is to be aborted. Breath of life means that life is breathed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lux et Lex,
For this yes of course..

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

So now you know.

So people dying of terrible diseases, being murdered, losing jobs, on welfare, and the destitute are not following the plans of God?

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Lux et Lex,
So people dying of terrible diseases, being murdered, losing jobs, on welfare, and the destitute are not following the plans of God?
So now having been shown the scripture you now also know what are God's plans for the unborn in the womb.
For this yes of course..

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

If you arent ever interested the responses I give to your questiosn there is no point me bothering to address them

progress.gif

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Lux et lex,
But that verse was directed at Jeremiah.
Yep, and that verse is an example of how we know God has plans for people, which is the question you asked. So are you clear on that now?
Or are you arguing that we are all prophets of nations?
no, why would you assume that?

Of course God knowing Jeremiah in the womb is not the only example of God knowing and forming people in the womb, and indeed having plans for them, there are several in the Biblical testament, not least Psalm 139 and Job which have been quoted.

Now if you can make the assumption about people aborting their unborn through their own choice, despite God's word only saying God knows, forms and has plans for people, then it would be as viable to claim anything contrary to what the Bible says... which is of course liberalism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
B

brightmorningstar

God's plan for a fetus could be termination. God's plan for a baby could be death at 1 month. God's plan for a man could be death at 100. I don't see where you don't get this.
I do get it and have to reject it as irrelevant on 3 counts.
1 There is no scripture to support the assumption; the scripture says God has plans to prosper people, no-where does it say God has plans to let a woman decide whether their unborn can be killied.
2. There is no mention of foetus in God's word, its always child or terms like fruit of the womb so you are trying to put a slant on it.
3. God's word says sin has lead to death and decay, you are attributing sin to God.

This thread is for scripture that supports abortion not objections to scripture that excludes it.

Upvote 0

Jedi

Knight
Sep 19, 2002
United States
Visit site
✟5,275.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lux et Lex,

So now having been shown the scripture you now also know what are God's plans for the unborn in the womb.

This argument, of course, rests on the premise that the developing organism in the womb is a person throughout the entire duration of the pregnancy. If it is not a person starting at the point of conception, which I see no reason to believe it is, then your argument is rendered useless. Proclaiming God has plans to prosper people is no argument against abortion if what we're dealing with is not a person.

Even so, you didn't respond to the problem pointed out in you using the verse the way you have. You seem to be supposing that God's intent is for everyone to have a perfectly prosperous, painless life, but you and I both know that's really not what people experience. Universal experience on how people - even Christians - experience countless troubles is enough to falsify this claim. To be specific in our case, plenty of "unborn children" end in a miscarriage. What happened to God's plan to "prosper" them and "not harm" them there? This leaves us with three options: (a) God lied, (b) God is not capable of carrying out His plans for people, or (c) the verse does not mean what you're claiming here. So which is it? I'm betting it's option (c). :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

Jedi,
This argument, of course, rests on the premise that the developing organism in the womb is a person throughout the entire duration of the pregnancy.
Not at all. The scripture says God formed people such as Jeremiah in the womb, there is no premise to assume Jeremiah was not a person or that Jeremiah wasn’t a developing person in the womb.
All you have done is set up an assumption which is logically contrary to what the scripture says.
Proclaiming God has plans to prosper people is no argument against abortion if what we're dealing with is not a person.
false premise as above.

Even so, you didn't respond to the problem pointed out in you using the verse the way you have.
I dont need to, you haven’t given any scripture to support your assumption that the organism developing in the womb isnt a person.
You seem to be supposing that God's intent is for everyone to have a perfectly prosperous, painless life, but you and I both know that's really not what people experience.
Surely that was God’s intent and is through Jesus Christ in eternal life?

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

God's plan for a fetus could be termination.
How? If God's word shows only instances where He has plans for people and a love to save them all, on what possible grounds?
God's plan for a baby could be death at 1 month.
All the scriptural evidence is God's plan to prosper.

The thread is for scripture that supports abortion, not for endless baseless assumption.

God's plan for a man could be death at 100. I don't see where you don't get this.

Upvote 0