Show me scripture that supports ABORTION.

B

brightmorningstar

Archivist,
I never said anywhere that those who kill abortion doctors should be allowed to do so if it fits their interpretation of Scripture.
Never said you did say it. But who are you to say they shouldnt, after all you are defending the murder of the baby merely by choice.
That would clearly be a violation of the Commandment not to kill.
According to your interpretation perhaps, but not necessarily according to their interpretation. Their interpretation of the commandment not to kill might be the opposite, to kill.

Alternatively, they may think, like with 'a man shall not lie with anothe man as with a woman' that is OT law and no longer valid.

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

In Numbers 5 the miscarriage will occur if the woman as been unfaithful, so the inducement would have to have been her unfaithfulness. This is not pro-choice abortion. Unfaithfulness is hardly support for abortion, not for God's people.

And of course one must understand that in terms of the rest of the Bible, this is no support for abortion, its the result of the sin of maritial unfaithfulness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BL2KTN

Scholar, Author, Educator
Oct 22, 2010
Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
morningstar said:
BlueLightningTN
Not in the slightest. If a woman misacariies is that an abortion?

Yes.

Have you read Numbers 5?

Yes.

So in short NO thats not a passage about abortion.

Oh, it absolutely is.

NB. If the woman has been unfaithful there will be a miscarriage.

Not unless the husband requests it.

In Numbers 5 the miscarriage will occur if the woman as been unfaithful, so the inducement would have to have been her unfaithfulness.

So God kills children for the sin of their parent now? I thought He was supposed to be just.

This is not pro-choice abortion.

It's the husband's choice in this one.

Unfaithfulness is hardly support for abortion, not for God's people.

I don't even know what this statement means.

And of course one must understand that in terms of the rest of the Bible, this is no support for abortion, its the result of the sin of maritial unfaithfulness.

So you support the death of a fetus in the case of marital unfaithfulness? That's the bible's position.

BL

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

BlueLighteningTN
If the woman causes it , yes but in the case of Numbers 5 the woman doesn’t, unless of course she has been unfaithful on purpose. This is nothing to do with pro—choice abortion in clinics and you know it.

So God kills children for the sin of their parent now? I thought He was supposed to be just.
No. But you are the one trying to tell me about Numbers 5. In sin and disobedience we all die, God saves, otherwise we die.

I don't even know what this statement means.
If you did you would know the truth.
So you support the death of a fetus in the case of marital unfaithfulness? That's the bible's position.
So you support the death of a baby just because a woman doesn’t want it?

Upvote 0

BL2KTN

Scholar, Author, Educator
Oct 22, 2010
Tennessee, United States
✟18,144.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
bms said:
If the woman causes it , yes but in the case of Numbers 5 the woman doesn’t, unless of course she has been unfaithful on purpose. This is nothing to do with pro—choice abortion in clinics and you know it.

In Numbers 5 it is the husband's choice.

No. But you are the one trying to tell me about Numbers 5. In sin and disobedience we all die, God saves, otherwise we die.

If your belief is true, then God transfers the punishment of the sin from the mother to the child in Numbers 5. If your belief is true, Numbers 5 shows an unjust God.

So you support the death of a baby just because a woman doesn’t want it?

The death of a fetus? Yes.

BL

Upvote 0
B

brightmorningstar

BL
In Numbers 5 it is the husband's choice.
To allow God's instruction sto indicate whether she has been unfaithful. How does that relate to pro-choice abortion? It doesnt.

If your belief is true, then God transfers the punishment of the sin from the mother to the child in Numbers 5. If your belief is true, Numbers 5 shows an unjust God.
You havent understood Numbers 5 at all. It doesnt address the possiblity of the husband being unfaithful, it addresses the possibility of the wife being unfaithful, so who would be subject to punishment if guilty, obviously the one who might be guilty, in this case the wife. What is unjust about that?

As to the punishment of the child, yes I would see your point if you believed abortion was terminating the life of the child, but you only seem to believe that whe you are objecting to God's word, you don't recognise it when it comes to pro-choice abortion.
First you need to decide whether the life in the womb is a child or not, if iyou do, which means you will be against pro-choice abortion, we can discuss Numbers 5, and yes the child is seemingly getting punished because of the sin of the mother, but whose fault is that, God's or the nmothers for sinning?

The death of a fetus? Yes.
then you have no worry about the death of the foetus in Number 5 or any unjust God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

teddyrux

Jan 4, 2007
✟15,176.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Only if you show me scripture that prohibits abortion directly. Abortion was around during Biblical times...there must be something in the Bible that talks directly about abortion.

"When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman's husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe." Exodus 21-25 ESV

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟593,718.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Seriously? You need a better response than that.

Let me quote:

. . . Alongside the above text is another one in Exodus that reads: "If men strive, and wound a pregnant woman so that her fruit be expelled, but no harm befall [her], then shall he be fined as her husband shall assess...But if harm befall [her], then shalt thou give life for life" (21:22).

The Talmud makes this verse's teaching explicit: Only monetary compensation is exacted of him who causes a woman to miscarry. Note also that though the abortion spoken of here is accidental, it contrasts with the homicide (of the mother) which is also accidental. Even unintentional homicide cannot be expiated by a monetary fine.

The Hebrew of the verse is explicit that the woman is the subject of the verse (as is the English actually)NOT the miscarried foetus.

Source:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I definitely cannot do that Cain. ;) However, I can show you plenty of verses from the Bible that support the pro-life position! I can also show you quotes from the early Church fathers that support the pro-life position! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟593,718.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Murder refers, AM, to the illegal taking of a human life, abortion is NOT illegal ergo not murder. Furthermore while life may well begin at fertilisation up to 1/2 of fertilised eggs fail to implant which is interesting & perhaps indicative of God's opinion on the matter.

Furthermore abortion was all over the Roman Empire during the time of Christ perhaps you can show me the verse where He directly addresses abortion?

Upvote 0