Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You do need not be a professional scientist to realize the tremendous implications of these biblical statements. If the highest mountains1 were covered with water
We need to look at science first and then the Bible. In this case the current hypotheses is that Eden is under the persian gulf. So we need to look at the elevation maps in that area.
267886_0225aad794fd107cf939d1e6124d45d6.jpg

Attachments

• dfda4e342df354f83c4f8f59344a4522--world-maps-persian.jpg
    dfda4e342df354f83c4f8f59344a4522--world-maps-persian.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Yemen-Topographic-Map.jpg
    Yemen-Topographic-Map.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We need to look at science first and then the Bible. In this case the current hypotheses is that Eden is under the persian gulf.

"Science" makes no such hypothesis. It has nothing to say on the existence of Eden, any more than it has to say on the existence of Narnia, Themiscyra, Lemuria, Atlantis or Alfheim.

Certain individual scholars suggest various locations for real places that inspired earlier mythical accounts of 'paradises'. The Sumerian Dilmun/Telmun is the main candidate, which itself was likely inspired by a real Babylonian-era civilisation in the Persian Gulf region (not the body of water), which was mythologised by around 3000 BC.

If you can provide an example of "science" hypothesizing that Eden was a real place and that actually existed, and that location was since flooded by the rising of the sea-level of the Persian Gulf, you're welcome to link the original study, subsequent popular scientific literature reporting or books and reports of such.

Otherwise, it seems to be a product of your fertile imagination.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Science" makes no such hypothesis. It has nothing to say on the existence of Eden, any more than it has to say on the existence of Narnia, Themiscyra, Lemuria, Atlantis or Alfheim.

Certain individual scholars suggest various locations for real places that inspired earlier mythical accounts of 'paradises'. The Sumerian Dilmun/Telmun is the main candidate, which itself was likely inspired by a real Babylonian-era civilisation in the Persian Gulf, which was mythologised by around 3000 BC.

If you can provide an example of "science" hypothesizing that Eden was a real place and that actually existed, and that location was since flooded by the rising of the sea-level of the Persian Gulf, you're welcome to link the original study, subsequent popular scientific literature reporting or books and reports of such.

Otherwise, it seems to be a product of your fertile imagination.

Indeed, quite the imagination, which also seems to change, as the wind blows.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps you should do a little research.

I have. Which is why I was confident in making an absolutist statement.

Would you like to point out a credible scientific organisation, group, research body or institute that hypothesises "Eden is under the persian gulf"? Or would you like to continue to fail to present evidence for your bald assertions?

A reminder, you have the burden of proof here. That means that for your claims to be accepted as plausible, you need to support them with evidence that can be independently assessed and verified.

You've claimed in this thread

That Adam and Eve were real, extant people that "lived in the Tigris Euphrates river valley around 6,000 years ago" and the "genetic evidence" and "archaeology and artifacts" demonstrates this
That the Garden of Eden was real
That Moses was a real, extant person and the "genetic evidence" demonstrates this
That Noah' was a real, extant person, the Ark was real and that "all the plants and all of the animals from the Garden of Eden was on Noah's Ark."
That there was a region wide flood (encompassing the entire Arabian Plate) which occurred "between the end of October and the beginning of November in 2370 BCE according to Bishop Ussher" and that "and "evidence from Google earth satellite photos indicated that the the area of Noah's flood is under the Persian Gulf"

Apart from some wild assertions, you done NOTHING to plausibly support any of these claims

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
* cough *
We need to examine the evidence that science provides us with. God gives us the Bible but He also gives us science.
God gives us wisdom, knowledge and understanding to know at least in part how He created the Earth and the Heavens above. The Bible starts off with God telling us what He did.

Genesis 1(KJV)

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

In the end He showed us who the New Earth is created for: "only those who are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life."

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Apart from some wild assertions, you done NOTHING to plausibly support any of these claims
What you mean is that you have NOTHING plausible to show that I can not support any of these claims. Thanks for admitting that to us. Matthew 12:37 "For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That Adam and Eve were real
Adam and Eve were the Matriarch and Patriarch of the Hebrew people. The anti theists and the PLO would like to show that the Hebrew people DO NOT EXIST but there is substantial evidence using DNA to show that they do exist. Science gives us a testimony also because of their use of the words Adam, Eve & Eden to establish their theory of common ancestor.

You have failed to show that Adam and Eve were not real people and that they did not exist. SO you can claim that my evidence is not substantial enough but you do not present even a speck of evidence to counter my claim. You show up empty handed without anything at all to defend your claim.

So once again you have accused me of what YOU are guilty of doing.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you can provide an example of "science" hypothesizing that Eden was a real place and that actually existed,
I can name that tune in one note: Botany. If you want to deny that Eden existed then you are going to have to tear evolution out of your Biology book. Because the theory of Common ancestor clearly shows that Eden existed and we now know that there are man Edens in this world. Eden represents a bio diverse eco sytem found in the middle east. In addition to Adam, Eve & Eden both science and the Bible talk about the Tree of Life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I see that the concept of the Burden of Proof remains elusive to you. If you make a claim (i.e. Adam and Eve were real people), then until you can support that claim, there is no reason to believe it.

When you're willing to support your points with anything other than banal generalities and weird misapprehensions of basic biology (i.e. "the theory of Common ancestor clearly shows that Eden existed"), please feel free to carry on.

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I see that the concept of the Burden of Proof remains elusive to you. If you make a claim (i.e. Adam and Eve were real people), then until you can support that claim, there is no reason to believe it.

When you're willing to support your points with anything other than banal generalities and weird misapprehensions of basic biology (i.e. "the theory of Common ancestor clearly shows that Eden existed"), please feel free to carry on.

At this point, you will just get more of the same.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to the world of faith, where myopic science can take a hike.

Even if the burden of proof supported Adam & Eve, unbelievers would still be unbelievers.

That's because they have a heart problem, not a head one.

Romans 10:10a For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness;

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist

Adam and Eve were much more than real people. They were made by the Hands of Jesus/Lord God Gen 2:7 and they were NOT made of flesh, until after the fall.

1. Adam and Eve gave us our superior intelligence above any other creature on planet Earth or in outer Space. We inherited Adam's ability to know both good and evil Gen 3:22 and it's the only way to become a Human. (descendant of Adam) Scientifically, the only way to become a Human is to descend from another Human.

2. Historically, the historic fact that the first Human farming happened 11k years in Mesopotamia in the valleys of the mountains of Ararat as God told us. Gen 8:4 It's just SW of Lake Van, Turkey between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers.

3. Scripturally, Adam came to planet Earth from Adam's Universe which was totally destroyed in the flood. 2 Pet 3:6 Adam's small firmament/biosphere sank in Lake Van, Turkey 11k years ago releasing the 450 ft Ark into the Lake. Scripturally, Historically and Scientifically, we descended from Adam and Eve, our FIRST parents. That's God's Truth which is the Truth in every way. Amen?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you make a claim (i.e. Adam and Eve were real people), then until you can support that claim, there is no reason to believe it.
It does not matter. I was a technical theater major in college. I worked for the Ballet Company for around 3 years. They taught us that each and every individual has their own interpretation. We would ask the director to give us HIS interpretation and he would not do it. Because the interpretation that others have was so different from his own understanding.

Interpret the Bible anyway you want to. I am only telling you what MY understanding and interpretation is based on my understanding of science. My understanding is that skeptics, scoffers and infidels want to disregard the Bible as having no value when clearly there is value to any literature that has lasted for as long as the Bible has been around. There is a reason why generation after generation has found value in the stories they read in our Bible.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have no reason to believe you...
Don't believe me. Why would I care? What difference could that make to me? Our job is to deliver a message. IT really doesn't matter what people do with that message. That has no impact on us at all. Our job is done once we deliver the message God gives us to deliver to people.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Until you can demonstrate or otherwise support any of that, I have no reason to believe you...

Ball is in your court.

I just supported it Scripturally, Scientifically and Historically. Can you refute my view in ANY way? Of course not, which shows the strength of your opinion. That is, IF you are speaking to me. Unless you indicate to whom you are speaking, it's like bellowing into the night. Wanna play ball?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
They taught us that each and every individual has their own interpretation. We would ask the director to give us HIS interpretation and he would not do it. Because the interpretation that others have was so different from his own understanding.

Interpret the Bible anyway you want to. I am only telling you what MY understanding and interpretation is based on my understanding of science.
This explains a lot. Thank you.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Even if the burden of proof supported Adam & Eve, unbelievers would still be unbelievers.
Like Ephesians 2 says, we all were once 'unbelievers', under the prince of the power of the air.....
and by YHWH'S GRACE, not all remained unbelievers ! (sheer grace! )

Upvote 0