Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DENYING the flood, opposing Scripture, 'scientifically' trying to explain the flood away instead of going by what Scripture Says Clearly to all the children .
All I am doing is using the scientific evidence to show what science has to say about what we read in our Bible. The evidence is often based on things like archaeology and artifacts. We know that Adam and Eve lived in the Tigris Euphrates river valley around 6,000 years ago. We also know what science says about the people living there at that point in time. I do not see any contradictions, if you look at the original language. If you see a contradiction then maybe you are confused between the traditions of man and what the Bible says in the original language.

Ok, listen, we are in a thread about Noah's flood, so lets just do a Bible study and see what we find. Sense you seem to want to take a good close look at this. Lets start with Genesis 7:15 " So they went into the ark to Noah, by twos of all flesh in which was the breath of life."

What we want to look at here is the word "Breath" RUACH. In Genesis chapter one we see the world life chay many times, what is new is the word Breath in Genesis 1:2 Breath is translated "Spirit" of God. In Genesis 6:3 we read: "My Spirit (Ruach) will not contend with humans forever"

I know you like to fight and argue about everything but if you look at the Hebrew word Ruach then you will have an idea of what was on Noah's Ark. Clearly Rauch clarifies the word "Clay". The Bible does not say all life will be on the Ark. Genesis 7:15 says: "Pairs of all creatures that have the breath of life in them came to Noah and entered the ark."

So the key word here is "Breath" or "Rauch" not Clay or life. This is what you have to look at when you read the Bible. Just what is the meaning of the synergism when you put these two words together. I have a book I was looking at by Peter Corning called: "The Synergism Hypothesis". Corning is a evolutionist so I am sure you want to throw his book in the garbage and consider his PhD to be worthless. Still I am going to go to Professor Corning and try to understand what Synergism has to do with evolution.

Can you follow me at all here, we are talking about Rauch (Breath) and Clay ( life) and just what happened 6,000 years ago in evolution when God put Rauch and Clay together in a synergism that we read as Breath of Life. God breathed life into man at this time.

syn·er·gy
ˈsinərjē/
noun
noun: synergism
  1. the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects.
Other then Rauch the most important word in the story of NOAH and the flood is the word: Earth. We have two words in the Hebrew that are translated EARTH. One is erets and the other is Adamah. This is where we start to run into trouble because it looks like the whole erets was flooded. In Gen 6:7 we see the word Adamah used. It is not Erets that God is going to destroy it is the ground or Adamah.

In Genesis 6:7 And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

I can clearly understand the people who believe that the Bible says the whole Earth (Erets) was destroyed at the time of Noah in the day of Noah. But science tells us otherwise. The physical evidence shows us that we are talking about Adamah the "ground" and we are talking about Rauch and the Breath of life of the Spirit of God.

You have to reject science and history to say the earth was destroyed in the day of Noah. Because clearly what was destroyed was the Adamah, the Garden of Eden was destoryed. But Noah saved all of the plants and all of the animals on the ARK.

Do you remember Genesis 2:7 "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." We have the "dust of the ground" the "breath of life" and we have man who became a "living soul" We have a synergism between two ancient Hebrew words. breath and life, living and soul, dust and ground.

Also we have four rivers in the Garden of Eden and this can be used to help us find where the Garden of Eden was. There is a lot more here to go on. Things like gold and onyx stone. This also could help us to find where the Garden of Eden was located. Lots of clues for us to work with.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
All I am doing is using the scientific evidence to show what science has to say about what we read in our Bible.
Yes,
and if it confirms Scripture (God's Own Word) then good and well.

IF it denies Scripture (God's Own Word), then it is as written in God's Word "pernicious" (death dealing) along with all the rest of society, and not truth.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes,
and if it confirms Scripture (God's Own Word) then good and well.

IF it denies Scripture (God's Own Word), then it is as written in God's Word "pernicious" (death dealing) along with all the rest of society, and not truth.
The question here has to do with a world wide flood at the time of Noah around 4300 years ago. There is overwhelming evidence that the flood was not world wide. The question is what are we going to do about that. First of all I am going to take a very close look at the original language in the Bible. I am convinced from my study of the Bible that the Bible is 100% accurate and true. We may not have all of our little ducks lined up as straight as we would like but the fact remains that God is true and the Bible is absolute truth.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟277,754.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
All I am doing is using the scientific evidence to show what science has to say about what we read in our Bible. The evidence is often based on things like archaeology and artifacts. We know that Adam and Eve lived in the Tigris Euphrates river valley around 6,000 years ago.

Please, oh please, show me the "archaeology and artifacts" that demonstrates that "Adam and Eve lived in the Tigris Euphrates river valley around 6,000 years ago."

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,423.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No.
It is theory, not science, and it changes every six months as needed to try to cover up their deceptive thinking as it gets DISPROVEN again and again BY SCIENCE,
while the BIBLE ALWAYS has disproven it. Again this shows that only when science lines up with the BIBLE can science ever be trusted or believed.

The BIBLE is not theory.

You don't even know what a theory is, do you?

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The point is very, very, very simple. All true science is evidence that the Bible is accurate and true. There are hundreds of thousands of science books in a University Library and every one of those books contains the evidence that YOU claim to be looking for. Evolutionary science is evidence for God and evidence for the Bible. Biology and Physics and all other science is evidence that the Bible is accurate and true, dependable and reliable. Unless we are dealing with some sort of cognitive dissonance then this should be obvious to anyone and everyone.

Is this supposed to be a clarification of your statement that not believing god claims is somehow evidence that god exists?

It sounds like you are responding to a different post.

I suggest you structure your thoughts a little, because it is currently kind of impossible to follow what you are saying. You're all over the place and aren't making any sense.

• Agree
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
No.
It is theory, not science, and it changes every six months as needed to try to cover up their deceptive thinking as it gets DISPROVEN again and again BY SCIENCE,
while the BIBLE ALWAYS has disproven it. Again this shows that only when science lines up with the BIBLE can science ever be trusted or believed.

The BIBLE is not theory.

I suggest you read the 15-ish sentences on this webpage:
Evolution is Not Just a Theory: home

Just so you know.... because you're kind of making a fool of yourself by saying such things.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
btw, I looked up "theory of evolution". and on a whim, to see what's exposed, the following>
there is A LOT of great BIBLICAL information in the first 100 hits.

That's because google will present you with results based on your previous searches and other online interests.

If I google "big bang theory", I get hits to actual science pages and a few to the TV comedy show. You'll most likely get a whole bunch of links to creationist websites.

Just so you know, because it sounds like you don't really understand how search engines work.

(clearly showing WHY IT IS STILL called theory

Evolution is Not Just a Theory: home

In science, theory is the graduation stage of an idea. Theory is the end of the line. Theories don't turn into facts or laws. Theories EXPLAIN facts and laws.

I'm amazed that people still dare to make that argument and expect to be taken seriously in this day and age.

, and how many times it has been disproven

Which never happened.

-- specify "germ THEORY" or "DISEASE theory" for much you never ever heard of (TRUTH). (from HONEST investigators/ medical and scientific doctors and scientist)
Of course, this upsets your cart, so it will take a long time, naturally.....

Yes, you already said that you don't believe that desease is caused by virusses and bacteria.
I'm still in shock about that.

For example, what do you think a biological weapon is?
What is the flu? The black plague? AIDS / HIV?

...if not germs that cause desease...

• Agree
Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Usually I ignore long post.....boring.....but wow I found you r post fascinating....got anything else to share?
Thanks for the education. God bless!
This one was just a bible study. I go to Biblehub and I click on the HEBREW button. Then I click on the Hebrew word I want to study to see all the verses that word is used on to get a definition based on the context of the word. I can do some more
bible studies like this sometime now that I know people are interested.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great and surprise surprise they all read that Noah was involved in a global flood.
The idea of a local flood is an idea you are reading into the bible.
You skipped a step there. The evidence is abundant and overwhelming that the whole biosphere was not flooded in the day of Noah. There is overwhelming evidence that Noah's flood involved a bio diverse ecosystem. SCIENCE uses the word EDEN for bio-diverse ecosystem. Just like science uses Adam and Eve for common ancestors patriarchs and matriarchs. Just like we consider Abraham to be a patriarch or “the father of many nations” (Genesis 17:4).

IF you feel that there is as conflict between science and the Bible then you are going to have to deal with that. I do not feel there is a conflict and the majority of people today do not feel there is any conflict. Modern Science helps us to understand our Bible better then we have ever been able to understand in the past. I can understand why you would feel the way you do but we have to go where the evidence takes us. God provides us with that evidence and there has to be a reason why He gives us all the artifacts and all of the scientific evidence that He gives us.

God can not and does not contradict Himself. The Bible is very exact and very precise. Just like the universe we live in is very fine tuned. The same God that gives us our Bible created the Universe that we live in. He gave us our moral laws and HE gives us our scientific laws. So you can follow Biology, you can follow Physics or you can disregard the evidence they provide and follow Politics if you want. If you want to follow after the political arena then get ready to be feed a lot of fake news and false reports.

Although what we should be doing is looking at the Bible so you can show me exactly why you feel there is a contradiction between the Bible that God gives us and the Natural Evidence that God gives us. Perhaps you can show me just exactly where you feel that there is a contradiction and exactly where do you feel that God is contradicting Himself.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
footnote for research further:
GERM Theory vs. TERRAIN Theory : Are Germs Really the Enemy ...
https://steemit.com/vaccines/.../germ-theory-vs-terrain-theory-are-germs-the-enemy
Vaccination is based on the GERM THEORY of disease. The Germ Theory has some truth, but has gaping holes in it.… by canadian-coconut.
What does this have to do with Noah's flood? Maybe you should start a new thread if you want to have a discussion on this. I know that they are doing a lot of research on the tummy and how it is important to have a healthy balance of bacteria to digest out food. Although the body produces enzymes to digest our food also. The bacteria is foreign to us and not actually produced by our body. This is why they are saying we should eat some fermented foods. Like yogurt is suppose to be good and healthy for us. I am suppose to eat low fat yogurt for the calcium.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
btw, I looked up "theory of evolution". and on a whim, to see what's exposed, the following> there is A LOT of great BIBLICAL information in the first 100 hits.
This discussion is a great learning tool for a lot of people that would not get interested if there was not a rumble going on. The people that are really interested in science do not get involved in this discussion because they do not have time. My son for example does not have any time at all to get involved in this discussion because he is very busy getting his education.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please, oh please, show me the "archaeology and artifacts" that demonstrates that "Adam and Eve lived in the Tigris Euphrates river valley around 6,000 years ago."
Fancy footwork you got there charlie. You know fully well IF you want to talk about Adam and Eve (in the Bible) then we have to look at the DNA evidence for them. All of that is in Wiki but you are going to refuse to read it so I am not going to bother to fetch it for you. You will have to find someone else to play your cat and mouse game today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This will be fun.
You think it would be fun to study archaeology and the artifacts from the Tigris Euphrates river valley? I took an ancient history class back in high school. Do you want me to dig up my old text book so we could have a study on the ancient history we find in the middle east. What Breasted called the fertile crescent. The land that interestingly enough Abraham walked and actually put his foot on. Joshua 1:3 "I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses." Or do you want to claim that Joshua never put his foot on the ground and that maybe he spent his life walking on the air and never on the ground.

Or would you like to take a look at Bruce Feiler's book: "Walking the Bible"? You would not have to actually read his book. You could just watch the special he did on TV. Or if you do not like James Breasted or Bruce Feiler then maybe there is someone elses book or work you would like to look at. Perhaps you would like to study Bishop Ussher's book and cut straight to the chase.

Spoiler alert: we would be doing a study on the earliest food producers and what science has to say because people seem to want to look at the evidence and study it for themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I told it would be fun.
I have ten cats in my back yard playing in the snow and they are having fun.
267586_77c3129342d6f7f2553794c0d637c471.jpg

Attachments

• 25353707_1560651997346879_2907678239260377937_n.jpg
    25353707_1560651997346879_2907678239260377937_n.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank YHWH for that anyway !
Exactly, that is my point. All the evidence that science has was given to us by our Creator for a reason. Also God gave us our Bible. Even we are told that Jesus is the Word of God. God can not contradict Himself and True Science does not contradict the Bible.

People keep trying to tell me I am an idiot, so lets go with that. Man may make a mess out of things. Man may not understand the Bible or the Natural evidence that God gives us. At least that is what I keep hearing here on this forum over and over again. Still the fact remains that God can not and does not contradict Himself even if man makes a mess out of things.

The bottom line is that it is impossible for the Bible and TRUE Science to contradict. If there is a contradiction then man must not understand the Bible or understand Science and the Natural Evidence that God has given us to work with.

Upvote 0