Should you EAT another Human Being? How do you know?

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Is Cannibalism ok?

How do we know if it's right or wrong?

Where do we find such knowledge?

So God created man in His own image;
in the image of God He created him;
male and female He created them.

Now if that doesn't answer the questions where else can we look?
How about in Leviticus 11?

“These are the animals which you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth: Among the animals, whatever divides the hoof, having cloven hooves and chewing the cud—that you may eat”

How about in Leviticus 20? Where it tells us why.

I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people.
25 Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean,
and between unclean fowls and clean:
and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl,
or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground,
which I have separated from you as unclean.
26 And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

There of course is mankind and there is beast. But the distinction here is if this living being has two identifiers,

1. It has cloven hooves (hooves that are split. )
2. It chews the cud (has multiple stomachs)

Man has neither.

We can also look to the NT and read this:

So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink." (John 6:53-55)

No majik is needed to interpret this properly. When one is familiar with Torah they understand that in the wilderness where the LORD had gathered his chosen people and married them there at the foot of the mountain he also made provision for them, not only giving them words to live by but also water from a rock (that was the living water) and the manna or Bread from Heaven.

Yeshua here is saying that He is that living water and that bread from Heaven, he is also the Word of God which is Torah.

So still no allowance for eating another human being. Many may remember the Donnor group but that was not a precedent as to what honors God. The Creator of man in His own Image.

So what do you make of this group?

humanmeatproject.com yes, you read that right, Human Meat Project​

1672770892834.png
1672770986194.png

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Is Cannibalism ok?

How do we know if it's right or wrong?

Where do we find such knowledge?

So God created man in His own image;
in the image of God He created him;
male and female He created them.

Now if that doesn't answer the questions where else can we look?
How about in Leviticus 11?

“These are the animals which you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth: Among the animals, whatever divides the hoof, having cloven hooves and chewing the cud—that you may eat”

How about in Leviticus 20? Where it tells us why.

I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people.
25 Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean,
and between unclean fowls and clean:
and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl,
or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground,
which I have separated from you as unclean.
26 And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

There of course is mankind and there is beast. But the distinction here is if this living being has two identifiers,

1. It has cloven hooves (hooves that are split. )
2. It chews the cud (has multiple stomachs)

Man has neither.

We can also look to the NT and read this:

So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in yourselves. He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink." (John 6:53-55)

No majik is needed to interpret this properly. When one is familiar with Torah they understand that in the wilderness where the LORD had gathered his chosen people and married them there at the foot of the mountain he also made provision for them, not only giving them words to live by but also water from a rock (that was the living water) and the manna or Bread from Heaven.

Yeshua here is saying that He is that living water and that bread from Heaven, he is also the Word of God which is Torah.

So still no allowance for eating another human being. Many may remember the Donnor group but that was not a precedent as to what honors God. The Creator of man in His own Image.
True. God made it clear in Lev 11 we are not to eat rats,cats, dogs, bats or humans and a few other things...
So what do you make of this group?

humanmeatproject.com yes, you read that right, Human Meat Project​

Sounds pretty horrible.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
-​

Is this real or a gag kind like performance art
not sure if you clicked the link --- but they have some videos there that are done well for advertising but of course nonsense for common sense folks.

"On the site's terms and conditions page, the Human Meat Project is called "conceptual artwork." Its creators are described as interested in producing "an artwork that resonates with the public."​
"Human Meat Project is a conceptual art project to give an understanding of the importance of accepting any services’ policy and agreements," the site says.​
=============================================​
But the OP makes a good point that regardless if they were a real site or not - God' Word addresses what is and is not food. In a world of ""relativism" anything goes as long as it is deemed pc-correct. Surgically change your child's gender, confusion over marriage definition you name it. But in all these examples - the Bible has the right direction of mankind and is not a victim the PC-culture.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
" End Date
"Sometimes, if a donor is fully committed to donating their body to the society, we can give them an End Date Service. For an End Date Service, a donor can choose any date they want to be harvested.
End Date Services are our way of allowing donors to make important arrangements and have time to live their life up until the date they choose to be harvested. We highly advise meat donors think carefully and discuss with their families before choosing a date.
When the End Date is near, they will be called in for health and physical evaluations. The Human Meat Project will provide spiritual or religious service if the donor is spiritual or religious. The donor is also allowed to call in their personal spiritual or religious guidance. We believe that by giving these services, we can help the donor to have a peaceful death and produce better quality meat."

Does it taste like chicken?

Nope, Look what they say:

Human Nutrition facts:

As omnivore, human meat taste and texture is similar to pork

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
not sure if you clicked the link --- but they have some videos there that are done well for advertising but of course nonsense for common sense folks.

"On the site's terms and conditions page, the Human Meat Project is called "conceptual artwork." Its creators are described as interested in producing "an artwork that resonates with the public."​
"Human Meat Project is a conceptual art project to give an understanding of the importance of accepting any services’ policy and agreements," the site says.​
=============================================​
But the OP makes a good point that regardless if they were a real site or not - God' Word addresses what is and is not food. In a world of ""relativism" anything goes as long as it is deemed pc-correct. Surgically change your child's gender, confusion over marriage definition you name it. But in all these examples - the Bible has the right direction of mankind and is not a victim the PC-culture.​
Thanks Bob, I read through the pages but didn't see that in any of the drop down menus, it's at the very bottom of some of the pages.

Thing is, it's not far fetched especially when you consider what they do with child trafficking, aborted babies etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Did anyone this year , or now last year, tell you it is okay ?

People quote this statement from Paul all the time:

1 Timothy 4:1-4 KJV
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

See? No stipulations, every creature is good for food and nothing to be refused. Every creature? Yep, every creature, according to this meat-lover interpretation, so that one may kill and eat whatsoever he or she desires.

Disclaimer: But of course this translation is fallacious and does not accurately reflect what the passage intends.

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟913,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Bob, I read through the pages but didn't see that in any of the drop down menus, it's at the very bottom of some of the pages.

Thing is, it's not far fetched especially when you consider what they do with child trafficking, aborted babies etc.
It brings up the topic of "limits" - and yes there are in fact real cases of people eating humans to survive - as in the plane crash incident below...

without a guide - without a moral compass -- it is "every wind of doctrine"

Why would you even think about posting such a subject Lulav?
harrrumph is not a very compelling solution

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how PETA would fit into this :scratch:
From my understanding of that organization they only care about the four footed variety.
Drinking Blood is forbidden in Torah, why did Yeshua ask us to drink his Blood? Thanks.
Yes, many back then did not understand that Yeshua was referring to a spiritual drink which was demonstrated in the wilderness when they were thirsty. His 'body' was the manna from heaven. He was not promoting cannibalism.

• Useful
Reactions: Yusuphhai
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
It brings up the topic of "limits" - and yes there are in fact real cases of people eating humans to survive - as in the plane crash incident below...
Yes, and I mentioned the Donnor group, but that's different.
without a guide - without a moral compass -- it is "every wind of doctrine"
That's the thing, and where do you go to find a moral compass?

That website I cited in the OP is just a blatant look at this and as a spoof I understand their reasoning but it also points out that not only do ppl not read through endless policy statements but what about what you put in your body?

You (not you Bob) may not realize the many ways that are out there to trip up ppl into breaking Gods commandments.

Sure you wouldn't buy some of that 'meat' offered in the OP, but what about so called 'trusted' Food suppliers?

The Conservative Post reports:

Famous food companies have been exposed using tissue from aborted babies to make flavor additives in processed foods.
Kraft, PepsiCo, Nestle, work with Semonyx, a California-based [company] that uses aborted embryonic cells to test fake flavoring chemicals.
The aborted human fetal cell line is known as “HEK-293,” and it is used to see how the human palate will react to synthetic flavors. Since most of today’s processed food lacks flavor, companies like Semonyx are hired to develop flavors on their own.
“What they don’t tell the public is that they are using HEK 293 — human embryonic kidney cells taken from an electively aborted baby to produce those receptors,” said Debi Vinnedge of the pro-life group Children of God for Life. “They could have easily chosen animal, insect, or other morally obtained human cells expressing the G protein for taste receptors.”

This is why looking for a 'hecksher' is important on all processed foods and drinks.
Also beware of any ingredients that are labled 'natural flavors' that can come from anywhere.

Did you know that many bread makers use human hair in their ingredients?
Or that many root beers contain the 'flavoring' of the anal glands of a beaver?

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why would you even think about posting such a subject Lulav? This has to be from the bottom of the barrel. Shouldn't our threads be uplifting?
Hi Bob, You saw the title, if you are squeamish then you shouldn't have ventured in. It may not be uplifting but I am hoping it is informative to others.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Uh... the Human Meat Project is a concept art project. If you think it is real, I have "A Modest Proposal" for you as well.

Upvote 0