Should we take "In God We Trust" off the dollar bill?

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The movie The Wizard Of Oz is an allegory about the 1933 Bankruptsy.

I stand behind my previous post.

Especially seeing as the original Wizard of Oz musical was made in 1902, the first movie version was made in 1910, a remake was made in 1925, another animated version was made in 1933, and the most famous version was released in 1939.

I'm not sure how they'd create an allegory to a 1933 bankruptcy in 1902, but hey, why not?

Reactions: jacknife
Upvote 0

Dave Ellis

Contributor
Dec 27, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
✟52,315.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, I am Buddhist, but I believe in God, and I was wondering, regardless of your religion, how do you feel about God being a figure in American documents such as the Declaration of Independence, the dollar bill, and even the Constitution has some laws based off of the Bible. I am curious to know what others think.

Yes as our country does not trust God or obey Him. In reality most do not even believe there is a God. TAKE IT OFF! Most likely it offends GOD!

Reactions: Moxie123
Upvote 0

Moxie123

Aug 19, 2011
Southern California
✟16,333.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Especially seeing as the original Wizard of Oz musical was made in 1902, the first movie version was made in 1910, a remake was made in 1925, another animated version was made in 1933, and the most famous version was released in 1939.

I'm not sure how they'd create an allegory to a 1933 bankruptcy in 1902, but hey, why not?

Must have been a prophesy.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Federal Reserve Notes (Promissory notes) and associated coins not of precious metal bearing the words "In GOD we trust" are promises to pay. Remember the country has been in bankruptcy since 1933.

So the GOD stands for Government Obligated Debt. NOT the God of the Bible.

The US GOV-CORP is a purely secular organization. The symbols on dollar bills are Masonic, not Christian. That eye on the pyramid is NOT God's eye, that is the eye of Horus, and it's all based in Satanism. The money itself is worthless paper, and it is used to mock and re-indoctrinate the masses to slavery.

Modern US currency is not paper, it's 75% cotton, 25% linen. So if it becomes worthless as a medium of exchange, it would still make a dandy quilt.

If the Apostle Paul were to examine a US dollar bill, I'm certain he would conclude it denoted a far-flung province of Rome.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes as our country does not trust God or obey Him. In reality most do not even believe there is a God. TAKE IT OFF! Most likely it offends GOD!

That was the original argument.

"In God We Trust" did not arrive on US money without strenuous objection, including objections by a couple of presidents--the objection being that "God" should not appear on "filthy lucre" that would be used for many sinful purposes. It came and went several times on various denominations of coins (not originally on paper money) as various officials gained sufficient influence. It only "stuck" permanently on all denominations in the 50s during the Cold War "anti-godless Communists" phase.

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

SteveB28

May 14, 2015
✟21,415.00
Faith
Atheist
Modern US currency is not paper, it's 75% cotton, 25% linen. So if it becomes worthless as a medium of exchange, it would still make a dandy quilt.

If the Apostle Paul were to examine a US dollar bill, I'm certain he would conclude it denoted a far-flung province of Rome.

Do you mean ............... it's made of two different kinds of threads...!??

Gasp........!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Personally, I think they should take God off of money and all things, that have to do with the government. And replace it with Native America something. Since this land was originally theirs .
Do you think homosexuality is ok and natural ?
I do. Also I think the perverts are mainly heterosexuals. I'm sure there're many Christians , that are perverts.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,657.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In reality most do not even believe there is a God.

How did you at that conclusion when all data shows the great bulk of the US population are theists of one type or another?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I think they should take God off of money and all things, that have to do with the government. And replace it with Native America something. Since this land was originally theirs.

I am only speaking for myself when I say that I would rather not have anything representing Native America on United States currency. I would not consider it an honor. Native Americans and many aspects of our culture are already appropriated enough in this country, in my opinion. The only reason why I voted to replace the murderous tyrant Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill was to help stop the glorification of the man responsible for the Trail of Tears. He was a notorious Indian killer and one of the most despised US presidents in Indian Country. I would much rather the US government leave native culture alone, because it has already caused enough damage.

Last edited:
Reactions: Freodin
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

The movie was written in 1939 as a rather magnificent rewrite of the original script, so it's not a totally absurd claim.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
when it comes to the actual amendment, as written, there nothing in it that prohibits this phrase from being displayed anywhere.
our founding fathers never intended such a thing as "separation of church and state", or else it would have been verbosely stated as such.
I think they did, they sort of like the idea that any religion can worship freely because England had a nasty habit of making sure only the Anglican Church was the only church allowed in their colonies.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,722.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think they did, they sort of like the idea that any religion can worship freely because England had a nasty habit of making sure only the Anglican Church was the only church allowed in their colonies.

Yes, they did. It was, indeed, explicitly discussed and had been since the middle 1600s. The English had actually fought a civil war over it--the "Separatists" (as they were called) had even assassinated the King of England and taken over the government a short time.

The Puritans were absolutely part of that same Separatist movement (the reason they were shoved out to the New World). Roger Williams, a radical Puritan pastor, wrote a long treatise on it, and in fact coined the term "hedge of separation" to describe it.

Williams went farther to establish the colony of Rhode Island specifically as a total separation of Church and State (even though he himself was an active evangelist who had established the first Baptist congregation in America). In his writings, he explicitly included atheists and "Musselmen" (Muslims) as beneficiaries of his colony. This was all in the 1600s.

Thomas Paine was an overt and strident atheist writing of the separation of church and state in the latter 1700s (and also criticized Christians on the slavery issue).

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi, I am Buddhist, but I believe in God, and I was wondering, regardless of your religion, how do you feel about God being a figure in American documents such as the Declaration of Independence, the dollar bill, and even the Constitution has some laws based off of the Bible. I am curious to know what others think.
I think, since God endowed us with certain unalienable rights, that we need one nation under God, whose people can freely and openly worship Him; and despite efforts to remove His evidence from our land, some people need to learn that it is in God we trust.

Upvote 0