Should the WoF forum be made a congregational forum independent from SF?

Should the WoF forum be made a congregational forum independent from SF?

• Yes, create WoF as a main congregational forum

• No, leave WoF as a sub-forum of the Spirit-Filled forum

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
All of Go_downs childish posts need to be deleted here as well. Wofers coming here and reading his mess are going to run the other way. Should I hit the report button on him like ten times?? LOL This constant flaming of mods does not befit a mature believer who should instead be setting an example for younger Christians. Pete, I realize his posts may not be annoying you if they are directed to you, but they sure annoy me, because new people are going to think he is being very disrespectful, and he is.

Upvote 0

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Just because that many registered does not mean that many are here. We are told they don't close your account here ever (except maybe those banned). Just dont post anymore. So because of those who left years ago, it does not show the true # of members on the whole site either or WOF. Its not as big a site as it appears. Other site purge the members after so long if they are inactive which should be the case here. altho I think they should keep the posts.
They don't even close banned accounts. And perm bans are only for one year.

Upvote 0

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
when i posted that number of 2 mods in the beginning, i was figuring that when Pete came back it would be as a supervisor and that we would need two additional mods, making a total of three WOF.
I would think a supermod since he outranks a forum mod would get more votes anyway. And since it's Pete.... I'm all for that. The most fairest supers I have seen are Pete and flaglady. Course, I don't know any others. LOL Beginning Mods sometimes jump the gun with their authority and don't think about how they are affecting people's lives with what they do, and some need to be told that over and over until they learn. But, mostly from what I have seen, the picking of mods has been very well done here. I agree with the three. J4Jesus could be a mod.

Upvote 0

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
...and I believe you are correct.

If I understand correctly, I am coming back as a SUPER MOD! (new CF terminology for "Supervisor")

If I have a grasp on the new staff structure, there are area mods, super mods and administrators.

Also, if I am correct, once everything is in place, I believe the membership votes for area mods, and the area mods vote for super mods. Administrators are appointed by Erwin, but they don't actually get involved with moderation. Administrators are more for "technical" stuff, like creating forums, managing staff, etc.

I could be completely wrong, or I could be right, and the above may change, but that was my impression of the new staff structure from what I've seen and read.

Personally, I like the new SUPER MOD nomenclature! It makes me feel like I could leap tall buildings and stop a speeding locomotive with my bare hands! :D

supermanlogo.jpg
LOL! That was what I read too how it would be.

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS
Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I would think a supermod since he outranks a forum mod would get more votes anyway. And since it's Pete.... I'm all for that. The most fairest supers I have seen are Pete and flaglady. Course, I don't know any others. LOL Beginning Mods sometimes jump the gun with their authority and don't think about how they are affecting people's lives with what they do, and some need to be told that over and over until they learn. But, mostly from what I have seen, the picking of mods has been very well done here. I agree with the three. J4Jesus could be a mod.

No thanks
Been there done that

Upvote 0

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
That's because that forum was added this afternoon after my post.

So my new proposal is;

(3) WoF staff
(3) Pentecostal staff
(3) Non-WoF staff
(3) Charismatic staff.

(12) total staff to handle issues in the main SF forum, with the 3 appointed mods for each sub-forum taking care of the matters in their forums exclusively.
That sounds good.

Upvote 0

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I think there is a marked difference between ANTI-WoF and NON-WoF.

The subforum is designed to be a place where those that don't hold to the WoF specific beliefs can fellowship. It's not designed to be a place to bash WoF people, just like the WoF forum is not designed to be a place to bash non-WoF.
If we don't allow the bashing of other denoms in our forum, then I would think other forums couldn't bash us, either. It should go both ways.

Upvote 0

J4Jesus

MY HEART BELONGS TO JESUS
Oct 22, 2005
✟54,260.00
Faith
Word of Faith
They don't even close banned accounts. And perm bans are only for one year.

I didn't know that. Then its not really permanent. Why call it that?

^_^
Like Charles Capps' wife said, "I need a permanent."
And he says "You just got one 3 months ago. "
She answers " It doesn't last forever I need another one. "
Charles said: "Well why do they call it a permanent? They should call it temporary! "

ROFL!!!
Happy.gif
Happy.gif
Happy.gif

Upvote 0

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I didn't think we could do this anymore but looks like we can make whatever rules we want

And altho they call us a sub-forum what Pete said about being a forum is true, its just where this is placed.
Look at this.

Word of Faith (7 Viewing)
This is a forum for Word of Faith movement members.

But the others say sub forum

Pentecostal (6 Viewing)
The subforum for members of Assemblies of God and other Pentecostal churches.

Charismatic - Non-Word of Faith (3 Viewing)
A subforum for Charismatic, non-WOF members.

Well.. if we can make any rules we want, I want a rule that states all posts with name calling, even if its' grasshopper, which means you are lower than I, should be deleted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I didn't know that. Then its not really permanent. Why call it that?

^_^
Like Charles Capps' wife said, "I need a permanent."
And he says "You just got one 3 months ago. "
She answers " It doesn't last forever I need another one. "
Charles said: "Well why do they call it a permanent? They should call it temporary! "

ROFL!!!
Happy.gif
Happy.gif
Happy.gif
exactly!! Perm hair color only lasts a month until the roots start growing back.

Upvote 0

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Was a post of mine removed or moved? -any details please
Unless they changed this feature, you get a auto pm whenever one of your posts are deleted. A mod can't keep that pm from going to the person, so if someone had 30 posts deleted, yikes!

Upvote 0

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
if we do have our own forum then a few of the main arguements against having our own forum will not apply, so let's lay those fears to rest.

arguement #1. that WOF could not post in the SF/PC forum.

answer: nope, they could post there because Erwin has said no one can be excluded from posting anywhere on CF. the only restriction they would be under there would be to post only fellowship or affirmative posts. they could not teach or debate. it would be no different for us than it would be for any other denomination comming in there.

arguement #2. that there would be no WOF staff representation on the SF/PC board.

answer: very true, but if WOF adhere to the above posting restrictions and stay within the CF rules, then they wouldn't need representation there. There does not need to be WOF representation across all of CF, but there does need to be WOF governing the WOF.

arguement #3. we would loose touch with our friends in the SF/PC.

answer: nope again. talk to them via AIM or IM, etc. there are no restrictions regarding interdenominational communications in those forms. you can also Pm anyone here on CF, so long as you follow the general CF rules in your comunications. they can also visit our board and ask questions in the same way that we could visit their board.

the main difference here is that we would not be engaging anyone from the SF/PC in debate. there is already another place for that on CF, so it's not like anyone is saying 'no more debates'. They're just saying 'please don't debate in our living room' where we would like to carry on conversation and teaching.:)

this has been the arguement against us from the SF/PC for a very long time now, and those same debates have spawned devisive arguements, and driven a wedge between people that is sad to see.

i think they need peace and so do we, so i'm voting yes.
Well, that's just not acceptable. And they now have their own forum where we cant' go where they are "safe from all us *ahem* horrid wofers who want to get them healed and blessed to bits", all these points are now moot. So, we don't need to move.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Not here. It was a long time ago.
I've been a mod and admin all over and have my own group, but its' not a forum. Someone is always saying, let's start a forum, but I'm like, do I really want the mess I would have to deal with?? Being a mod is one thing, but being in charge of it?? My group is nice and peaceful,,, none of this bickering and competing.

Upvote 0

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
While it's true that we can post anywhere, the end of your explanation is actually the reason why I am against the move.

I personally learn a lot from debate. It is one of the sole reasons that I joined CF, because I like to be challenged. When people challenge me, it forces me deeper into the word, it shores up my foundation.

As much as I love posting in the WoF forum, the bulk of my sharpening comes from the SF forum. With the current structure, we can have like-minded fellowship AND we can debate with those that may not believe exactly like us. If we separate off as our own congregational forum, that may no longer be true.

I would agree that there does not need to be WoF representation across all of CF. I would say that removing that WoF representation from SF is a mistake.

The forum for debates at CF is INSANE! As much as I disagree with some of the people in SF, they are a whole heckuva lot closer in belief to us than denominational people, who would also be present in the debate forum. Besides that, the fact of the matter is, most people in SF don't post outside of that area too awful much.

I will say that all of the arguments for and against the moving of the WoF forum are valid. It's just a matter of whether or not we want to be able to have the WoF voice represented in the SF forum.
I agree; I tried to go debate in theology and they believe so much different than the ones in the SF forum. I didn't fit in there at all.

Upvote 0

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Having a congregational section of the forum to me would be pretty boring. If we were only allowed to post fellowship posts in SF, then we ourselves have singled ourselves out of the debate arena when all the other different denominations and non-denominations can post and debate in SF. We already have a fellowship forum, so where do we go to ask questions, post views, and such? Wouldn't it be just like having two fellowship forums, because so far.. I see very little interest in someone wanting WOF input only, in a discussion and debate. That should be left to the Holy Spirit. We can only do so much. People are familier to the SF forum, and personally I don't claim that I can't be taught somethings in SF. I have learned things in SF without compromising our faith.
I agree.

Upvote 0

TheGloryisHere

Sep 13, 2006
Austin, Texas
Visit site
✟21,481.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
just double checking here...are you saying that it is a personal preference to remain attached to the SF/PC so that you can debate in there? if that is your main concern, then all you would have to do is convince the writers of the SF/PC wiki to grant debating priviledges to all Christians in their forum.:swoon:
Only spirit filled Christians.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.