Should sexual assault be a death penalty offense?

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I absolutely believe certain sexual offenses should be capital crimes. My only problem is that I believe the US criminal justice system is too ineffectual and biased to determine guilt. Give me a cleaner system and scientific proof of guilt and I'll don the executioner's hood.

I don't consider the death penalty to be a punishment or a deterrent, it is a way to excise diseased tissue from further damaging society.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,261,891.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
No, there are too many false accusations where absolute proof is not possible. Too many people have been proven innocent yrs. later.

I agree.

Death is not proportional to the injury sustained, which is a basic principle of law.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
April is "sexual assault awareness month" so we should be thinking about this problem. Considering the horrendous damage this crime does to it's victim, at the time of the assault and further down the road, should these offenders be put to death? (I'm speaking only of those offenses that involve forced penetration and violence, not verbal abuse or 'groping'.)

Great idea OWG. Most rapes are committed by people who are known to the victim. I'm certain there will be no chilling effect on an already under reported crime. Just imagine little Sally's joy upon hearing her accusation is why uncle Bill had to die.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Great idea OWG. Most rapes are committed by people who are known to the victim. I'm certain there will be no chilling effect on an already under reported crime. Just imagine little Sally's joy upon hearing her accusation is why uncle Bill had to die.

Sally would probably not report it if she knew uncle Bill would be executed. But then she will probably be raped again by him.

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Sally would probably not report it if she knew uncle Bill would be executed. But then she will probably be raped again by him.

So your idea is to implement a plan that increases unreported child abuse. Brilliant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VirOptimus

A nihilist who cares.
Aug 24, 2005
✟250,687.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
April is "sexual assault awareness month" so we should be thinking about this problem. Considering the horrendous damage this crime does to it's victim, at the time of the assault and further down the road, should these offenders be put to death? (I'm speaking only of those offenses that involve forced penetration and violence, not verbal abuse or 'groping'.)

You seem to think killing people solves everything.

• Agree
Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married

Little Sally wants Uncle Bill dead. She doesn't say anything because he's her Mom's favorite brother & Uncle Bill already told her that no one would believe her or they would blame her.

I was raped by my step brother years ago & he was a brother to me - he goes as far back in my memories as my parents do. I would still kill him to this day if I could.

People don't underreport because they are concerned about how their rapist will be punished- they don't report because it isn't worth the pain and humiliation to have nothing happen to the assailant.

• Winner
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟908,465.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Little Sally wants Uncle Bill dead. She doesn't say anything because he's her Mom's favorite brother & Uncle Bill already told her that no one would believe her or they would blame her.

I was raped by my step brother years ago & he was a brother to me - he goes as far back in my memories as my parents do. I would still kill him to this day if I could.

People don't underreport because they are concerned about how their rapist will be punished- they don't report because it isn't worth the pain and humiliation to have nothing happen to the assailant.

I am an sexual assault survivor as well. The last thing in the world I want is for my abuser to be killed. Children are especially vulnerable to this.

The child may care about or feel protective of the person who sexually abused them and may feel they’d be betraying this person by telling about the sexual contact and the abuser may use this information to help maintain the secrecy.

Why don't children tell if they have been abused?

Upvote 0

PreviouslySeeking...

May 9, 2017
Seattle
✟85,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
I am an sexual assault survivor as well. The last thing in the world I want is for my abuser to be killed. Children are especially vulnerable to this.

Why don't children tell if they have been abused?

We are all made different. My step brother murdered my love for him that day and destroyed much of who I was as well. I'd feel relief to put him in the dirt. I was 6 1/2 - I'm well acquainted with what children are vulnerable to.

Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It depends. There was this rape exhibit in NYC, in where the clothes of women who were raped where put on display. Some of these clothes belonged to 3 year olds, and other children ranging in different ages.

When I saw the dresses of theses children, in my mind was how the men responsible for this deserve to die. I still feel that way.

I honestly have no sympathy for murderers, rapists, animal abusers, child rapists. They are monsters and are lower than the cockroaches to me.

• Winner
Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0