Scientist and Christian
Jun 13, 2012
Albany, NY
✟26,489.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
How does one get saved if they don’t know Christ’s Love while they are unrepentant?

I think people miss that the Gospel is 1 Corinthians 13 relentless and it’s end result is reconciliation with God, Burial Jesus Christ’s merit... alone.

That would be a question for BNR32FAN, since they wrote the OP, but attending church has little to do with whether one has been saved or not.

• Friendly
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Silly Uncle Wayne

Oct 28, 2017
Dublin
✟102,646.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
1 Cor 5:9 I wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; 10 I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. 11 But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

An immoral person in this context is someone who knows they are sinning and refuses to repent.
In order for them to know they are a sinner, they first have to be told it in such a way that they accept that in God's eyes they are sinning. Culture today tends to find acceptance in living together even if the church does not, which means that not only will such people not be aware of their sin, but they may not be aware of why it is sin (if it even is sin, which is another question).

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In order for them to know they are a sinner, they first have to be told it in such a way that they accept that in God's eyes they are sinning. Culture today tends to find acceptance in living together even if the church does not, which means that not only will such people not be aware of their sin, but they may not be aware of why it is sin (if it even is sin, which is another question).

Genesis 24:67 Isaac brought her into the tent of his mother Sarah, and he married Rebekah. So she became his wife, and he loved her; and Isaac was comforted after his mother's death

... biblical “marriage”... vs... piece of paper marriage... :D

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If Jesus means that those who acted righteously (even without realizing it) are his brothers, then further definition of brother has to include the first instance.

Brothers are, as the quote I listed shows, those who do the will of God.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They should not be kicked out from church, unless they are in leadership positions and are proven to be false teachers. However those that live in sin, should still be welcomed to church and even to bible study groups. Plus it is important for believers in the church to reach out to them. However believers should not be equally yoked with unbelievers.

We are not talking about inviting sinners to church to see them get saved. We are talking about those who have been in the church for a long time yet are living in blatant unrepentant sin. The bible says we are to remove them. Ironically it is false teachers that allow this.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Again, the OP only mentioned church attenders, so that's all I am going off of. Adding in members is creating a strawman that isn't there. No where is it written in Scripture that one much be saved to attend church. Think about the repercussions - many of those who are the "lost" that we as Christians are supposed to reach are not welcome in our church services??? Where is God's grace in that?? A church without God's grace is a church without God, IMO.

Yes, God will do the sorting, through the preaching of his word. Whether its a gay/lesbian lifestyle, an unwed man and woman living together and/or having sex, a criminal, etc., when the kingdom of God is preached to them, God, through the Holy Spirit, will personally convict them to repentance according to His will. Those that don't repent either aren't ready but are still searching, or will likely leave on their own accord. But our job is still to take the Gospel to all the lost, not exclude them.

I''ll chose what I want to see as relevant. If you choose, for whatever reason, to implement rules of irrelevance as reason to brush off what I feel needs to be part of the conversation... that's your prerogative, and the reason I ended this with my last post.

Invoking ridged rules as a substitute for a reasonable reply is something I've seen often enough to know where the conversation is likely leading.

Besides, I already rested my case with this:

It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and immorality of such a kind as does not exist even among the Gentiles, that someone has his father’s wife. You have become arrogant and have not mourned instead, so that the one who had done this deed would be removed from your midst. (1 Corinthians 5:1-2 NASB)

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
discipler7 said:
Two unmarried and young heterosexual Christian couple living together and remaining faithful to each other until they can be legally married(eg marriage is delayed because of financial circumstances)
Whatever happened to just standing before the altar and the congregation, with your pastor, and making your vows for all to see?

Does that really have to involve money beyond the tiny cost of a marriage certificate itself?
Who comes first, God or the congregation/pastor.?

Financial circumstances would normally not allow a loving and faithful-to-each-other Christian couple who are young high-school or college students to be legally married or to get a marriage certificate.

If Christians are really living in sin, nothing good will become of them, eg 1CORINTHIANS.5:5.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to read on to Matthew 25:40 which says that we are to feed and welcome Jesus's brothers.

Who are his brothers? Well, they are not everyone as only a few become children of God (John 1:12 Matthew 22:14) and they are known to be brothers by doing the will of God (Matthew 12:48-50).

The Kingdom is highly elitist and exclusive. It is has very limited membership (Matthew 7:14) and extremely tight entry criteria (1 Corinthians 6:9-10).
Context. You need to read verse 31 - "When the Son of Man comes in his glory..." We're not there yet. How does one become a brother? WE, Jesus' church, extend the invitations. Jesus decides who gets in to the club.

A man and a woman, who are living together and in a sexual relationship, walk into a church one day. According to some here, they are not welcome. Or only welcome for a short, undefined period of time. In other churches, they are welcome. They hear the gospel preached. At some point, a few weeks, a few months, a few years later, one or both of their hearts turn to the Lord, becoming a brother or sister in Christ. They either get married or end the relationship. Both have happened.

Does not Jesus know who his sheep are and who he calls to be saved? Does he not say to leave the 99 to find the lost one? We don't always know His ways, so our responsibility is to continue to share the Gospel, not kick out or shun His potential brothers and sisters.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟220,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I''ll chose what I want to see as relevant. If you choose, for whatever reason, to implement rules of irrelevance as reason to brush off what I feel needs to be part of the conversation... that's your prerogative, and the reason I ended this with my last post.

Invoking ridged rules as a substitute for a reasonable reply is something I've seen often enough to know where the conversation is likely leading.

Besides, I already rested my case with this:
If you believe strawmen are relevant, that's up to you. You move the goalposts to include church members, and that was not part of the OP. If it were a church membership issue, then we would be closer to agreement perhaps.

Your "case" is about a kicking out a man who is part of the church and is sleeping with his mother-in-law. I don't have a problem with that action, but it doesn't relate to the OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you believe strawmen are relevant, that's up to you. You move the goalposts to include church members, and that was not part of the OP. If it were a church membership issue, then we would be closer to agreement perhaps.

Your "case" is about a kicking out a man who is part of the church and is sleeping with his mother-in-law. I don't have a problem with that action, but it doesn't relate to the OP.

Case still rested for reasons given. Anyone who disagrees with the bibles view, that's entirely up to them. and if you think that scripture just goes for sleeping with "mothers in law" in particular, I'll leave you in your ignorance.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was in a discussion today and was shocked to hear that some people think that people who are living in sin should not be allowed to attend their church. This truly breaks my heart to hear this. The discussion was using an example of two people who are living together but aren’t married. What are your thoughts?

This is a simple one.

Kicked out of church services? NO

Become church members? NO

M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We are not talking about inviting sinners to church to see them get saved. We are talking about those who have been in the church for a long time yet are living in blatant unrepentant sin. The bible says we are to remove them. Ironically it is false teachers that allow this.

False Teachers...

Matthew 23

What would Jesus do? Die for them!

What would false teachers do? Let’s read Matthew 23... ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Funny how the “kick em out crew” forget Jesus’ exact words about “The least of these”...

“If you did it to them, you did it to me”

Oh... and who can forget... “Lord, we cast out demons in Your name”.., “Get away for me, I never KNEW you”

Hmmmmm.., Honest Sinners Vs. Hypocrites...

Hmmmmm..., “Lord, have mercy on a sinner like me” ... vs. “Thank you that I’m not like them”

Upvote 0

Clint Edwards

Site Supporter
Jun 15, 2016
Slome, Arizona
✟8,727.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Hmmmm... God flat out unified Himself to us in literal Miraculous union and then walked with sinners that the self righteous despised...

He was called a drunk and a glutton, got His feet wiped by a sinful woman’s hair and tears and died for people that condemned Him and failed Him...

Saved a women caught in the smoking act of adultery...

Suddenly... People want to water down the depth of His compassion and grace and act like the teachers of the Law and high members of the Sanhedrin that spat in His face...

And ya think I’m going to be a Georgia Peach?

I see it as mocking HIM when people shun the people HE died for... (1 John 2:2)
No, you want people to be able to be in the church while cherishing, premeditating, habitually practicing and enjoying sin. No repentance, no repudiation of sin, no heartbreak over sin, just keep on keeping on. God loves you ! God will forgive you ! Do what you want, keep on enjoying it. We are in a war with evil, and in any war there are casualties. Habitual, unrepentant sinners are casualties of this war. They should be removed from the battle till with help they can heal and re enter the battle. If they won´t be healed, then they die, their choice.

Leaving a wounded soldier in the battle only hinders the healthy soldier engaged in the battle. Wounded not taken to the rear, out of battle corrupts the battle plan.

An unrepentant, habitual lover and practicer of a sin, who looks forward to committing it, without remorse, is the antithesis of a Christian. Members of a Congregation should be Christians, not examples of what Christians should not be.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟86,223.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, you want people to be able to be in the church while cherishing, premeditating, habitually practicing and enjoying sin. No repentance, no repudiation of sin, no heartbreak over sin, just keep on keeping on. God loves you ! God will forgive you ! Do what you want, keep on enjoying it. We are in a war with evil, and in any war there are casualties. Habitual, unrepentant sinners are casualties of this war. They should be removed from the battle till with help they can heal and re enter the battle. If they won´t be healed, then they die, their choice.

Leaving a wounded soldier in the battle only hinders the healthy soldier engaged in the battle. Wounded not taken to the rear, out of battle corrupts the battle plan.

An unrepentant, habitual lover and practicer of a sin, who looks forward to committing it, without remorse, is the antithesis of a Christian. Members of a Congregation should be Christians, not examples of what Christians should not be.

I’ll confess my sins...

I struggle with willful sin and sin of omission.

I am a forgiven sinner that cries out... “Oh Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner”...

Who are you?

Are you better than others and should you drive the “demons” (those people) out, in His name?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clint Edwards

Site Supporter
Jun 15, 2016
Slome, Arizona
✟8,727.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Funny how the “kick em out crew” forget Jesus’ exact words about “The least of these”...

“If you did it to them, you did it to me”

Oh... and who can forget... “Lord, we cast out demons in Your name”.., “Get away for me, I never KNEW you”

Hmmmmm.., Honest Sinners Vs. Hypocrites...

Hmmmmm..., “Lord, have mercy on a sinner like me” ... vs. “Thank you that I’m not like them”
Quite frankly, I am not like them, and true Christians aren´t. I am a filthy depraved sinner, forgiven and covered by the blood of Christ. I sin frequently. However, there is not one sin in my life that I couldn´t care less about what God thinks about me doing it. There is not one sin in my life I dream of committing, look forward to committing, do it over and over and over again, and plan to do again as soon as I can, and don´t care what God thinks about it. That is your unrepentant church member, who has been counseled, prayed with, and joyfully continues mocking God.

Those who do not revoke their church membership are happily mingling the wolves with the lambs. Who is going to be told to hit the road when they tell how they did wonders in His name ? You talk about hypocrites ! The cheapest of cheap grace. God saves you not from your sin, but happily wallowing in your sin, continuously and without remorse.

Upvote 0

Clint Edwards

Site Supporter
Jun 15, 2016
Slome, Arizona
✟8,727.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I’ll comfess my sins...

I struggle with willful sin and sin of omission.

I am a forgiven sinner that cries out... “Oh Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner”...

Who are you?

Are you better than others and should you drive the “demons” (those people) out, in His name?
Answered in another post

Upvote 0