Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm glad Christ isn't so picky
Actually, He is - but moreso. He died for us, remember? We're only perfect by the blood of the Lamb, not because God has low standards. You'd do well to remember this, and it may change your perspective with respect to subjects like this. To the OP - don't lower your standards just 'cause some misguided folk here seem to think that having low standards is some sort of virtue akin to virginity, purity or faithfulness.

whoa how draconian and patriarchal!
you forgot misogynistic
OP - when you encounter insults such as these, just remember that the fair maiden you rescue from dragons is not going to care how draconian and patriarchal you are, she's just going to be pleased you rescued her from the dragons. And likely as not, she'll find misogynistic kinda sexy (just be sure that you are rescuing a fair maiden, and not one of the dragons!!!) So please don't mind the naysayers.

Upvote 0

Tetra

Dec 18, 2016
Earth
✟64,448.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
... And likely as not, she'll find misogynistic kinda sexy (just be sure that you are rescuing a fair maiden, and not one of the dragons!!!) So please don't mind the naysayers.
I'd argue any woman that finds misogyny sexy shouldn't be a woman Christian's entertain.

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I'd argue any woman that finds misogyny sexy shouldn't be a woman Christian's entertain.
I would agree, but misogyny these days is rarely used in its true sense, and instead used in the sense that one believes men and women have different roles, some of which cannot be fulfilled by both genders. It was in this - admittedly incorrect - sense that I quoted, but it was also in this incorrect sense that I was so accused. "Answer a fool", as the Proverbs say.

"Oh, such subjugation of the weaker vessels!"

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, He is - but moreso. He died for us, remember? We're only perfect by the blood of the Lamb, not because God has low standards. You'd do well to remember this, and it may change your perspective with respect to subjects like this. To the OP - don't lower your standards just 'cause some misguided folk here seem to think that having low standards is some sort of virtue akin to virginity, purity or faithfulness.

Marriage is a Covent relationship and so is our relationship with Father. We enter into relationship with the Father through the atonement and sacrifice of the Son so that we may be acceptable to the Father. That same atonement covers the sins of the women yet to be married and are made pure to the Father even though they are guilty. If we use the same standard the Father uses then it is their heart we should be looking at not their guilt, probably something you'd do well to remember but so often planks in our eyes blind us. If there was such a thing to test authentic purity we'd all be single.

Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Marriage is a Covent relationship and so is our relationship with Father. We enter into relationship with the Father through the atonement and sacrifice of the Son so that we may be acceptable to the Father. That same atonement covers the sins of the women yet to be married and are made pure to the Father even though they are guilty. If we use the same standard the Father uses then it is their heart we should be looking at not their guilt, probably something you'd do well to remember but so often planks in our eyes blind us.
But the murderer still has to be executed, the thief still has to pay back tenfold of what was stolen, and the unvirtuous still has to live with the consequences of her unfaithfulness (e.g. undesirability for marriage).

We all still die, don't we? But we live in hope that we will be raised again imperishable, through Christ.

If there was such a thing to test authentic purity we'd all be single.
I disagree with this. If it were true, why would the OP have posed the question in the first place?

If you argue that lust is the same (physically) as adultery, then you might as well be advising that women go ahead and marry convicted murderers (as murder is the same spiritually as unrighteous anger). There's a difference between the physical and spiritual. Yes, sometimes unfaithfulness can be overlooked, as can murder, when choosing a partner. But to make this the rule rather than the exception is, in my opinion, setting people up for disaster marriages.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So I stumbled on an article online about the statistics on young Christians waiting till marriage I was hoping to find someone that has upheld gods word and well let’s just say my hope is pretty much gone.

http://www.exministries.com/christi...tians-singles-are-willing-to-have-casual-sex/
I recommend you wait until you and your prospective partner have finished your education, commenced your careers, and gained some experience in the world together; before you contemplate marrying. Marrying young is a recipe for unnecessary complications in a marriage

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But the murderer still has to be executed, the thief still has to pay back tenfold of what was stolen, and the unvirtuous still has to live with the consequences of her unfaithfulness (e.g. undesirability for marriage).

We all still die, don't we? But we live in hope that we will be raised again imperishable, through Christ.

I disagree with this. If it were true, why would the OP have posed the question in the first place?

If you argue that lust is the same (physically) as adultery, then you might as well be advising that women go ahead and marry convicted murderers (as murder is the same spiritually as unrighteous anger). There's a difference between the physical and spiritual. Yes, sometimes unfaithfulness can be overlooked, as can murder, when choosing a partner. But to make this the rule rather than the exception is, in my opinion, setting people up for disaster marriages.
grace does not discriminate against sin. In all things we should demonstrate actions of Christ not of actions of the flesh.

Jesus gives us a parable saying "A certain lender had two debtors. The one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. When they couldn't pay, he forgave them both. Which of them therefore will love him most?" Can you think of how this could be applied to marriage? Remember it was an unvirtuous woman who promoted this parable.

What about the parable of the Unforgiving Debtor where a Master forgave a great unpayable debt that his servant owed him then the servant turns around and demands a small debt be given to him from another, when it could not the other person was thrown into jail. The unforgiving debtor when brought before the master and judged again by the same measure he demonstrated grace he was given, thus he was thrown into jail until his debt was paid in full. Could not be applied to marriage?

You may dismiss those who don't meet your standards but remember you have been forgiven of an unpayable debt and that the same measure you demonstrate grace may be shown to you someday. We don't have the luxury to hoard grace.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,441,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the gospel transcends culture but we are called to be a light amongst the culture which is our mission. If the gospel is a culture it takes on the culture around it and makes it christ-like through cultural forms, values and expressions that are reconcilable to following Christ.

Paul tells us we should identify our mission then become a part of that culture so that they may receive the gospel, concluding "I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings." For most our home culture is our mission and should be slaves to our mission. "...all for the sake of the gospel".

If we are too counter-cultural people think we are weird and keep away and the gospel suffers because they don't hear the gospel all they hear the hippy family that do weird things. So we need to be intentional when we reject cultural values in favour for another knowing that it may negatively affect our influences with others. High value for education and career can be reconcilable cultural values, but low value for marriage and relationships are not. The line we was balance on is the "becoming all things" part while rejecting cultural values that reject the design and nature of God.

For the OP it is a laudable to wait while seeking education/career if we do so to glorify God and spread his gospel. the problem is most don't, they seek education/career for selfish ambitions which is counter-gospel and doesn't help the goals after career which continue to be selfishly motivated. this is probably the greater problem which is what our ambitions are which then can lead to other immoral behaviour. Our youth are very different in terms of responsibility and maturity based on a historical measure of the same ages going 50, 100, 200 years back. This is the cultural trend and having never-grown up adults is not wrong but we as Christians need to understand how to response to this while raising our own family while not at the same time estranging ourselves from our own mission, otherwise we might as well create a christian colony in the middle of nowhere and purge ourselves of the world around us.

This is not the thread to continue a discussion on this subject, but I would recommend reading 1 Peter from the point of view that it is a field manual for how a Christian should first look at his role as an ambassador of Heaven to the world, and how he should then operate at every level of social discourse as an ambassador to a nation with a culture foreign to his own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
291408_e6cf608610e995bd8499eea7250caff4.jpeg

tread has been closed at the request of the OP.
Carry on.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.