Should I try this Calvinist Church / What do they believe?

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hi....

I'm hoping someone can assist me. I grew up in a non Denominational church, and was trying to get a better understanding of Calvinism. I am not an expert, and I'm not going to pretend to be, but I just want to understand a few things before I continue to attend this reformation church in my area.
From what I've heard, Calvinism promotes Predestination, which I think means God has already decided who is and who is not going to be saved. If this is truly what they believe, then...

1. How do I know if I am part of the elect?
2. I don't understand why Jesus had to die if the decision was already made

I'm not trying to argue nor am I interested in debating, I'm just trying to get an understanding, so any help or links you have would be greatly appreciated. The people seem very nice and the message is always on point.

Thanks

V
Look at the 1689 confession of faith, it is a good summary of biblical teaching.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Mod Hat On

This is the 2nd Mod Hat

Some Posts and Responses
have been Removed
in
Thread Clean
RV: Statement of Purpose - Ask a Calvinist Statement of Purpose

If you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against its theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0