Should I buy The Sims 3?

KonradPie

Dec 20, 2010
✟7,646.00
Faith
Catholic
This might be an odd question but I want to buy the game The Sims 3 but I need to know if playing it is sinfull or not. The reasons I think playing it might be sinfull is because it is like your playing god in the game and when the sim people die, they become ghosts and a reaper comes. Should I buy and play it, or would it be sinfull to play it? :confused:

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Thanks for all of the responces! I just want to know if it's sinfull to play god in the game, because you basicaly are in the game.

Maybe consider it this way: the original creator of the game is God. You are just a guardian angel. No sin. :wave:

Upvote 0

KonradPie

Dec 20, 2010
✟7,646.00
Faith
Catholic
Maybe consider it this way: the original creator of the game is God. You are just a guardian angel. No sin. :wave:
I guess that works. But it is hard to not concider yourself godlike in the game since you have the power to controll the sim people lives. I know ime not God and I dont think i want to be (ime a follower, not a leader) but the player of the game does have godlike abilaties in the game to controll the lives of sims, though it is jusr a game though and I know that. So, am I good :confused:?

[EDIT] But the reason I want to play this is NOT because it makes you feel like God in game. I want to play it because I like customization games and I want to see how my Sims lives play out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess that works. But it is hard to not concider yourself godlike in the game since you have the power to controll the sim people lives. I know ime not God and I dont think i want to be (ime a follower, not a leader) but the player of the game does have godlike abilaties in the game to controll the lives of sims, though it is jusr a game though and I know that. So, am I good :confused:?

[EDIT] But the reason I want to play this is NOT because it makes you feel like God in game. I want to play it because I like customization games and I want to see how my Sims lives play out.

You realize your objection applies to just about every other video game in existence?

Upvote 0

KonradPie

Dec 20, 2010
✟7,646.00
Faith
Catholic
You realize your objection applies to just about every other video game in existence?

....doh....
I guess it does XD
But the point I am getting at is now that I have learned that it is like playing god, I feel that I might be byeing the gamefor that reason, but I am not sure if that is true, or if my brain just tries to makeme beleave that (it happens from time to time).

[EDIT] I wanted the game forother reasons originaly but because of learning that my brain might be trying to convince me its because I want to play God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0