Should Christians Choose Between the Lesser of Two Evil's in the 2016 Election ?

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have an obligation (and a precious opportunity) to decide on our government and that which our neighbors will live under as well. And when something is said about "evils," remember that cursing is evil and murder is also evil, but they aren't equals.

Well, Jesus says differently rather specifically...referring both to murder and cursing in the same teaching:

“You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’

But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sisterwill be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell
.-- Matthew 5

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm seriously concerned that I'm being tricked into supporting "Evil" in this world either way I choose, and I'm wondering if this choice isn't synonymous with taking the Mark of the Beast.

In a figurative sense, a man's forehead in Bible symbolism refers to "thoughts", or "beliefs", while the "right hand" is indicative of the "work of one's own hand". .

I interpret that the same way.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
uhmmm, just in case you hadn't heard, Hillary intends to erase the curent limits on abortion, so there will be even more human beings tortured and killed under her watch than are being tortured and killed now.
Remember that the Supreme Court is only one liberal away from imposing the entire Obama/Clinton agenda on all Americans.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If and when a Christian is put into the position of choosing the "lesser" of two "evils," we must at least do this:

Do not then rationalize that lesser evil as "righteous." Always remember that it is an evil.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I am greatly disturbed and at odds as to how to resolve this issue. This election in November has been characterized by American voter's as a choice between "two evils". Should Christians be voting in such an election ? Wouldn't we be voting for "Evil" in either circumstance ?...

I've heard plenty of CF members express their conviction to vote for one or the other of the candidates. I did the same a few weeks ago, but now as the election draws nearer, my conscience is saying NO. I seriously don't believe I can walk into an election booth and pull a lever in support of someone who represents something that is patently "evil".

So for the first time in my adult life, I have decided I WILL NOT CAST ANY VOTE.

What do you think ?!

The US isn't a theocracy. There are no Christian candidates. What we are voting for is freedom for the Church to survive, thrive and do Her work. One candidate will allow that to happen, and one is far less likely to allow the Church Her freedom.

Vote for the sake of my family, if you won't vote for the sake of yourself.

Upvote 0

clemenslee

Apr 14, 2015
Oklahoma
✟15,541.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just a observation concerning Christianity and Politics. Keep Christianity out of it. Voting is imposing ones morality on another. Christ is the absolute benchmark for morality, and he never once intended it to be established through earthly government w/ earthly men and women. Sure he used men and women who were in position of power or authority to further his purposes, but that was all he used them for. Christ will establish his rule and authority over all, with him at the head, not by a earthly government. Sinful men and women imposing their corrupted morality upon other sinful men and women who are just as corrupt. Its like the blind leading the blind into a ditch. The only thing that Christ commanded us to do as Christians is to be a light unto the world, and go and make disciples of all nations. So that all can have the life that only Christ can provide.

I'm not saying not to vote or to vote, I'm just saying Keep Christianity or any religion out of it.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Remember that the Supreme Court is only one liberal away from imposing the entire Obama/Clinton agenda on all Americans.

But does that change the date set for Christ's return? Will it change a single name in the Lamb's Book of Life?

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. -- 2 Corinthians.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The US isn't a theocracy. There are no Christian candidates. What we are voting for is freedom for the Church to survive, thrive and do Her work. One candidate will allow that to happen, and one is far less likely to allow the Church Her freedom.

Vote for the sake of my family, if you won't vote for the sake of yourself.

No nation on earth since the Roman Empire under Domitian has been more hostile to Christianity than North Korea. Yet, the Church has expanded 10-fold in North Korea since the mid 90s, to the point that Kim Jong Un has made the same choice as Constantine: He has discovered he can't exterminate the Church, so he's trying to co-opt it.

Three generations of Kim could not defeat the Church. Clinton is no Kim.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
uhmmm, just in case you hadn't heard, Hillary intends to erase the curent limits on abortion, so there will be even more human beings tortured and killed under her watch than are being tortured and killed now.
if Hillary is elected it means open war against children in the US.
you should think about that because if she is elected that choice will have repercussions for the next 80+ years on every single person.

Kind of like the whole slew of things it was threatened that Obama would do that hasn't happened because it was never in the president's power to make it happen.

Oh, wait. Christians were claiming Obama was the antichrist! The world is supposed to have come to an end by now!

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,344,308.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Exactly.

It is crucial that we take a stand against that happening, and voting for the one who cannot be bought and who is NOT against Christians and will at least give an ear to Christian concerns about atrocities, such as abortion, the selling of those slain babies body parts, and against the candidate who said she admires Margaret Sanger (the founder of Planned Parenthood) who was insidiously racist, and who monstrously orchestrated and aided and abetted the entire Benghazi attack resulting in the torture and killing of four of our own who called for help multiple times and were ignored.

It behooves us, who call ourselves "Christians" to prevent anyone like this (and this is the tip of the ice berg) from being swooshed into the office of the presidency.

In addition, since this is the ideal time to research candidates for the presidency, there is a movie called "Hillary's America" released in theaters 7/22/16. There is a book of the same name that is available as of today.

Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But does that change the date set for Christ's return? Will it change a single name in the Lamb's Book of Life?
Nothing, but more unborn babies will die.
More Christians will be sued out of business for refusing to compromise their beliefs.
More Christians and Jews will be butchered by Islamofascists.
The rule of law will be considered no longer relevant in the US.
Criminals in the government, such as the IRS, will continue to attack conservatives and Christians.
More illegal aliens and Jihadists will poor through our borders.
If you hate this country, vote for Hillary. If you love your country, vote for Trump. If you're a life-long democrat, fill out your ballot but do NOT vote for president. Let the power brokers know you will NOT stand for having Hillary Clinton forced on you.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Kind of like the whole slew of things it was threatened that Obama would do that hasn't happened because it was never in the president's power to make it happen.
Need I remind you how many times the Supreme Court stopped Obama?
If hillary chooses the next justice, there will be NO stopping the radical leftist agenda.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, Jesus says differently rather specifically...referring both to murder and cursing in the same teaching:

“You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’

But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sisterwill be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell
.-- Matthew 5
Now wait a minute. I didn't say everything that there is to say about things evil.

I said that cursing and murder are not "equal," and I said it in connection with the post about whether or not Christians ought to vote.

All sin is sin, and the eternal consequences of different sins may not be anything...but the earthly consequences of voting for one party versus voting for the other one are not the same, even if both candidates are deemed to be evil in one way or another. For that matter, every candidate is evil in the supernatural sense. We still get to choose between the evils, and it does matter which one we choose.

Reactions: jimmyjimmy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the lesser evil would probably be someone doing the better good, from my British perspective Donald Trump is a monstrous and disturbing figure who will create a lot of wars and spread hate.
There is no need to create wars. For those with the wisdom to accept it, we're in a world war right now. Our enemy follows an evil, false religion brought to the world via a false prophet and spread by violence. It teaches hatred and intolerance, and commands that Jew be slaughtered where they are found. There will be no peace until that enemy is destroyed. That means that the imams who preach jihad need to be charged and punished for the murders they incite and the terrorists cells must be hunted to extinction. If Hillary is elected, more Christian women will be burned alive by ISIS and groups like them.

In the last eight years, thousands of innocents have been murdered by terrorists because Americans elected Barack Obama. Please do not make the world suffer even more under Hillary.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing, but more unborn babies will die.

They go to heaven--God still wins. But more significantly, the president won't really make a difference. The power of the Church lies in being Christian and changing hearts and minds.

More Christians will be sued out of business for refusing to compromise their beliefs.

No, more Christian businesspeople will have to be Christian businesspeople up front--the way I am--rather than Christian only when it suits them.

More Christians and Jews will be butchered by Islamofascists.

Nobody is going to change what happens in the middle east, other than make it worse. The Iraqi invasion, for instance, has destroyed the Church in Iraq, which had been one of the oldest churches on earth.

The rule of law will be considered no longer relevant in the US.

As if it is now.

Criminals in the government, such as the IRS, will continue to attack conservatives and Christians.

You must not know anyone who has already dealt with the IRS.

More illegal aliens and Jihadists will poor through our borders.

Illegal aliens are a multi-billion dollar business in the US. Trump is not going to crash the system that keeps him wealthy.

If you hate this country, vote for Hillary. If you love your country, vote for Trump. If you're a life-long democrat, fill out your ballot but do NOT vote for president. Let the power brokers know you will NOT stand for having Hillary Clinton forced on you.

Or all Christians could vote for Johnson.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,482,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Need I remind you how many times the Supreme Court stopped Obama?
If hillary chooses the next justice, there will be NO stopping the radical leftist agenda.

I don't see the right-wing agenda as any better. Both are ultimately hell-bound.

But there is Johnson.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And what if this: What if all the Christians both Left and Right--who are now holding their noses--decided to vote for Johnson?
Why would Christians who can't bring themselves to vote for either Clinton or Trump find Johnson to be preferable from a religious or moral perspective?

Upvote 0