MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
4 days later and I am the first reply, I guess it doesn’t show up on Trump approved news sources. I wonder why, it has all the things that Trump would normally be against. United States Military personnel getting killed on a United States Military installation by a foreign national who was a Muslim and hated American people as well as quoting Osama bin Laden.

I wonder if the firearm background check thingy the House passed a while ago that the Republican controlled Senate is sitting on would have prevented the shooting.

I wonder why more threads are not about this incident, both by defenders of the Second Amendment, Saudi Arabia and Donald trump, and those against all gun violence?

Are threads about Clinton emails and what Pelosi ate for lunch yesterday or the hair dye she uses more important than this shooting?

I guess defending the Leader and his Bankers in Saudi Arabia are more important than American lives lost on our soil.

Well, back to the important news, I hear people saying that Pelosi buys Chinese cat food!!!!

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
4 days later and I am the first reply, I guess it doesn’t show up on Trump approved news sources. I wonder why, it has all the things that Trump would normally be against. United States Military personnel getting killed on a United States Military installation by a foreign national who was a Muslim and hated American people as well as quoting Osama bin Laden.

I wonder if the firearm background check thingy the House passed a while ago that the Republican controlled Senate is sitting on would have prevented the shooting.

I wonder why more threads are not about this incident, both by defenders of the Second Amendment, Saudi Arabia and Donald trump, and those against all gun violence?

Are threads about Clinton emails and what Pelosi ate for lunch yesterday or the hair dye she uses more important than this shooting?

I guess defending the Leader and his Bankers in Saudi Arabia are more important than American lives lost on our soil.

Well, back to the important news, I hear people saying that Pelosi buys Chinese cat food!!!!

[poe]All those Iranian terrorists creating havoc in America are much more important.[/poe]

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟244,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I've been on that base numerous times as a civilian. There are 2 gates, one for military personnel exclusively and one for civilian and military. At the latter they ID check (sometimes) and ...ask... if you have any weapons before they let you through the gate. Sneaking a gun in is trivial. At the main gate there are armed MP's and they do check ID pretty much 100%, but still only ask about weapons.

I do wonder though... and I guess I just don't really know enough about the nature of the base... where were all the good guys with guns? Why was the local sheriff's dept the ones who took the guy down and not MP's?

I expect security protocols to change drastically in the future. Visiting the museum or the lighthouse will be a little more stressful, but safer in the future.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
I do wonder though... and I guess I just don't really know enough about the nature of the base... where were all the good guys with guns? Why was the local sheriff's dept the ones who took the guy down and not MP's?

The Clinton Administration passed a law declaring all US military bases to be gun-free zones. Military service members can only have weapons on them if they are assigned to security duty (such as the military police) or are in transit to / from a designated training area. A few bases that allow hunting may also allow people to bring privately owned weapons into the designated areas, and there's a procedure for that IIRC.

That's it.

As the Nidal Hassan incident showed the world, there's very little the average military service member can do if a mass shooter gets on-base.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Clinton Administration passed a law declaring all US military bases to be gun-free zones. Military service members can only have weapons on them if they are assigned to security duty (such as the military police) or are in transit to / from a designated training area. A few bases that allow hunting may also allow people to bring privately owned weapons into the designated areas, and there's a procedure for that IIRC.

The Clinton Administrative might have made it universal, but the military has not allowed personnel to walk around armed on post without specific duty authorization since the Civil War.

• Informative
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Less of a problem because they go home from work instead of living in the barracks. They're not a bunch of high-spirited teenagers in one building together.

We were in the barracks for our two weeks; we had to have a locking container in our locker or car if it wasn’t on you.

It is funny seeing Guardsmen without any active service getting all excited about living in the barracks, going to the PX and E-Club, and real life Army chow in a chow hall.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Pensacola Navy base mass shooter had accomplices, help from Saudi Arabia, victims claim in terror lawsuit

A 152-page complaint in federal court in Pensacola, Fla., makes new allegations that the shooter, Royal Saudi Air Force 2nd Lt. Ahmed Mohammed al-Shamrani, executed the attack with the support of “accomplices.” They included fellow Saudi air force trainees, whom he told of his plans at a dinner the night before and during a November visit to the 9/11 memorial in New York City to pay tribute to the hijackers, the plaintiffs alleged.

Shamrani, who was killed by responding sheriff’s deputies, worked with al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) for five years to plan the Dec. 6, 2019, attack, U.S. authorities said in May after de-encrypting his phone.

The families also accused the Trump administration and the Saudi government of reneging on pledges of support for families.

The suit cited Trump saying to reporters after a phone call with Saudi Arabia’s King Salman: “The king will be involved in taking care of the families and loved ones . . . likewise the crown prince. They are devastated by what took place in Pensacola. And I think they are going to help out the families very greatly.”

However, neither the U.S. government nor the kingdom of Saudi Arabia “contacted my family or talked to the other families,” Walters said. After the attacks, representatives of his son’s last private employer came to Walters’s home to give him two challenge coins from the vice president, Walters said, “one for me and one for my wife. They couldn’t do it themselves.”

The lawsuit comes as U.S.-Saudi relations have fallen to a new low since January, with the new Biden administration canceling arms sales, criticizing human rights abuses and the harassment of dissidents and pledging to “recalibrate” ties with the kingdom and its de facto ruler, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums