Shemitah timeline problems. 2015 or 2017?

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't see what the Russian Orthodox Church New Year has to do with the Shemitah.

The ROC new year happens to fall on the same date as Rosh Hashanah this year... Sept 13/14...
especially interesting considering the ROC day is also counted from sundown to sundown.

The ROC [due to its Byzantine tradition] also believes the new year is connected with creation.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
News Flash:
Israel's calendar isn't governed by the moon! The worship of the Egyptian moon god "Jah, iah," or just plain "Ah,' has crept into scripture by evil moon worshiping, so-called Jews. It is impossible to keep certain holy days by the sighting of the new moon.

it is impossible to keep the "Blowing of Trumpets" shabath using the new moon because the shabath begins at sunset on the 1st of the 7th month. It's impossible to keep the shabath if the new moon, seen after sunset, is what determines the 1st of the months.

The lunar calendar is a hoax, as is the Israel of today. The true creation calendar is a 360 days a yr calendar of 12, 30 days months.

Word to the wise!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
News Flash:
Israel's calendar isn't governed by the moon! The worship of the Egyptian moon god "Jah, iah," or just plain "Ah' has crept into scripture by evil moon worshiping, so-called Jews.

It is impossible to keep certain holy days by the sighting of the new moon. it is impossible to keep the "Blowing of Trumpets" shabath using the new moon because the shabath begins at sunset on the 1st of the 7th month. It's impossible to keep the shabath if the new moon, seen after sunset, is what determines the 1st of the months.

The lunar calendar is a hoax, as is the Israel of today. The true creation calendar is a 360 days a yr calendar of 12, 30 days months.

Word to the wise!

'evil moon worshiping, so-called Jews'??? Now, that's not nice.:(

Upvote 0

Adrian Zenz

Aug 31, 2015
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am a lecturer in empirical research methods at a Christian university, and have written a comprehensive empirical and statistical evaluation of Cahn's hypothesis, using GDP and stock market data, in order to verify or rebut his claims. The report can be downloaded at http://bit.ly/1LNdeKE.

My analysis shows that Cahn's Shemitah book is highly selective in the way it presents economic data, conceals contradictory evidence, and fails to live up to academic standards. Statistical testing shows that GDP and stock market data fail to reveal any kind of Shemitah pattern or mechanism that can systematically explain economic or financial cycles. Overall, Cahn’s hypothesis that the Shemitah „causes“ economic turning points must be clearly rejected, and the way he presents his „evidence“ to the reader is highly problematic.

This is unfortunate, considering that I enjoyed reading the Harbinger inasmuch as Cahn explains how the details of the 9/11 event pertain to judgment for the US. With the Shemitah book, Cahn is now seriously undermining his own credibility. May there be many Bereans who do not just accept things at face value, but who are not afraid to check the empirical facts for themselves.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
'evil moon worshiping, so-called Jews'??? Now, that's not nice.:(
I wasn't trying to be cruel. I was only trying to emphasize so-called Jews' early influence on corrupting the script. I'm sure it's written that way in the Torah too - Moon worship.

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wasn't trying to be cruel. I was only trying to emphasize so-called Jews' early influence on corrupting the script. I'm sure it's written that way in the Torah too - Moon worship.

Is that all? Oh, well ok then.o_O

Upvote 0