Shemitah timeline problems. 2015 or 2017?

GreatistheLord

I can do ALL things through Christ
Mar 14, 2005
✟19,856.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

I've been following the Jonathan Cahn stuff out there, and it looks very reasonable as far as it goes, but its pinned around 2001, 2008, 2015 as the current shemitah intervals.

Then I heard about the Judah Ben Samuel prophecy about the Jubilees, which has a very similar theme, but based on Jubiliees of
1917 - 1967 - 2017 (so 2003 - 2010 - 2017)

The problem is that they dont match up.

Have I missed something, or are they fundamentally incompatible?

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I've been following the Jonathan Cahn stuff out there, and it looks very reasonable as far as it goes, but its pinned around 2001, 2008, 2015 as the current shemitah intervals.

Then I heard about the Judah Ben Samuel prophecy about the Jubilees, which has a very similar theme, but based on Jubiliees of

Well, for one thing, Cahn says the Jubilee starts at Yom Kippur/ Day of Atonement (in Sept 2015), which is incorrect.

Years go from Nisan to Nisan, not Tishrei to Tishrei (Rosh Hashanah). It is announced on Yom Kippur for the upcoming year of Nisan to Nisan. (so they don't plant anything they can't harvest)

Jubilees are 49 years not 50. There will have been 40 and a half Jubilees (24.5 years) since Christ was crucified (40 means testing, 40 x 49 = 1960 + 24.5 = 1984.5 years to take us to 2017 . April 3, 33 + 1984.5 = Oct 3, 2017)

So, the Jubilee is announced on Yom Kippur 2015, the Jubilee starts April 2016 + 5 months of Trumpet 5 + 13 months 1 day (1 year, 1 month, 1 day , 1 hour) of Trumpet 6 takes us to Rosh Hashanah 2017

Upvote 0

TPeterY

But seek first the Kingdom of God....
Jan 16, 2014
✟1,583.00
Faith
Christian
Hi,

You got it. The right timeline is the one from JBS. It's perfectly inline with Israel's proposal to became a nation and the 6 day war. The Jubilee overlaps two years, Sept 2017 to Sept 2018. It's a generation (70 years) from when the UN recommended the implementation of a Jewish state, and a Jubilee (50 years) from the year of the 6 day war.

On 29 November 1947, the United Nations General Assembly recommended the adoption and implementation of the Partition Plan for Mandatory Palestine. This UN plan specified borders for new Arab and Jewish states and also specified an area of Jerusalem and its environs which was to be administered by the UN under an international regime. The end of the British Mandate for Palestine was set for midnight on 14 May 1948.​

Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And it lines up perfectly with the old testament scriptures too.

Upvote 0

GreatistheLord

Mar 14, 2005
✟19,856.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Setting dates is ALWAYS fundamentally incompatible.
Whoever Jonathan Cahn and Judah Ben Samuel are, their "prophecies" are WRONG.

I dont think knowing the continued year of Jubliee is either wrong or complicated. Why would the 7 year cycle stop just because we are in the new covenant. Life goes on, and this is God's principle for life, renewal, etc.

But back to the timelines as I'm hoping there is some definitive answer to when the shemitah years are in this time frame.

Upvote 0

TPeterY

Jan 16, 2014
✟1,583.00
Faith
Christian
Last edited:
Upvote 0

GreatistheLord

Mar 14, 2005
✟19,856.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
You got it. The right timeline is the one from JBS. It's perfectly inline with Israel's proposal to became a nation and the 6 day war. The Jubilee overlaps two years, Sept 2017 to Sept 2018. It's a generation (70 years) from when the UN recommended the implementation of a Jewish state, and a Jubilee (50 years) from the year of the 6 day war.

On 29 November 1947, the United Nations General Assembly recommended the adoption and implementation of the Partition Plan for Mandatory Palestine. This UN plan specified borders for new Arab and Jewish states and also specified an area of Jerusalem and its environs which was to be administered by the UN under an international regime. The end of the British Mandate for Palestine was set for midnight on 14 May 1948.​

Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And it lines up perfectly with the old testament scriptures too.

But doesnt align with the blood moons unfortunately which is really too bad.

Upvote 0

TPeterY

Jan 16, 2014
✟1,583.00
Faith
Christian
But doesnt align with the blood moons unfortunately which is really too bad.

Glad you brought that up.

All the tetrads in the past are all about Israel and only Israel, never involved the church. People need to be aware of this. Don't expect a rapture immediately after Sept 2015 is what I'm saying. Neither will the start of the tribulation. The right timeline is given in the bible and the year is inline with what JBS prophecised.

Nothing will happen with the church after the Sept 2015 blood moon, it'll only affect Israel.

After this, no more tetrads for almost 500 years.

There's no more blood moon in 2016 and 2017, but two super super blood moons larger than the Sept 2015 blood moon in 2018.

Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0

GreatistheLord

Mar 14, 2005
✟19,856.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
You got it. The right timeline is the one from JBS. It's perfectly inline with Israel's proposal to became a nation and the 6 day war.

Do you know of any backup for the JBS prophecy? I've been trying to find some corroboration around it, and there only seems to be one source article that everyone refers to, but its only a few years old. Since the prophecy was said to be made several centuries ago, i would expect there to be more evidence for it, and it is necessary to have solid proof for these claims.

Upvote 0

TPeterY

Jan 16, 2014
✟1,583.00
Faith
Christian
Do you know of any backup for the JBS prophecy? I've been trying to find some corroboration around it, and there only seems to be one source article that everyone refers to, but its only a few years old. Since the prophecy was said to be made several centuries ago, i would expect there to be more evidence for it, and it is necessary to have solid proof for these claims.

How about the bible for backup? Would that be reliable enough?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GreatistheLord

Mar 14, 2005
✟19,856.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
How about the bible for backup? Would that be reliable enough?

what i mean is that the prophecy could be a hoax as some people are claiming. I think its good to have some documentary evidence for it, and
it wasnt published in the Bible.

Upvote 0

TPeterY

Jan 16, 2014
✟1,583.00
Faith
Christian
what i mean is that the prophecy could be a hoax as some people are claiming. I think its good to have some documentary evidence for it, and
it wasnt published in the Bible.

That's true, it could be a hoax. I was never convince by this or the blood moon tetrad stuffs or many of the other stuffs I've seen either.

It the prophecies in the bible that convinced me. I don't rely on anything else except the bible. All other stuffs are just additional info to me, nothing I would rely on individually.

Logging for now, will check back later tonight.

Upvote 0

mxyzpt1k

Jun 7, 2014
✟354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Judah Ben Samuel uses 4 periods: 1517, 1917, 1967 and 2017. Remember the Book of Daniel gives us 2300, 1290, 1335, which is 1075 short of 6000. The total Heavenly Salvation program. Now we find this figure of 1075 in Rev. 17:10:

REVELATION 17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, [and] the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space. (Complete's Daniel's figure for 6000 Total - Seen as Heavenly)
REVELATION 17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition. (Judah Ben Samuel sees this as an Earthly oriented verse, since the previous verse was heavenly)

“When the Ottomans conquer Jerusalem they will rule over Jerusalem for eight jubilees. Afterwards Jerusalem will become no-man’s land for one jubilee, and then in the ninth jubilee it will once again come back into the possession of the Jewish nation – which would signify the beginning of the Messianic end time.” - Judah Ben Samuel

Eight + Eight that is of the Seven + One that Goes into Perdition
Eight Jubilees + Ninth Jubilee that goes to Jews + No Man's Land for One Jubilee

Correction Issued (1517, 1917, 1966, 2015)

Eight Jubilees + Seven Sabbatical Sets of Seven Years + Seven Sabbatical Sets of Seven Years
Eight Jubilees + 49 Years, 1 year less then a Jubilee + 49 Years, 1 year less then a Jubilee

Correction Based on Jonathan Cahn

September 17, caused by 9/11. That day that it crashed is “Elul 29,” the day that is appointed in the Bible of an exact date you have to wipe out financial accounts and becomes a sign of warning of a nation under judgment. On the exact day, September 17, 2001, you have “Elul 29” that happens not just once a year, Elul 29 happens every 7 years. Then, that record stays for the next 7 years until you get to the great crash of the great recession. The greatest crash in history, September 29, 2008, they ring the bell, and the bell refuses to ring. They take that as a sign, and on that day comes the greatest crash in American history. usawatchdog.***/great-shaking-and-collapse-is-coming-jonathan-cahn

(final sabbatical sets of seven years)
2001 = Twin Towers as a representation of the Two Witnesses (Moses and Elijah)
2008 = Marks Seven Years of Plagues to the Exodus
2015 = End of the Seven Years of Plagues, begins the Exodus

II SAMUEL 24:13 So Gad came to David, and told him, and said unto him, Shall seven years of famine come unto thee in thy land? or wilt thou flee three months before thine enemies, while they pursue thee? or that there be three days' pestilence in thy land? now advise, and see what answer I shall return to him that sent me

The Gospel does not tell us the plagues of egypt were seven years. If those plaques were seven years, 99% of the egyptians would of been deceased. The gospel does tell us that there is a "Seven Year observance" prior to the "Three Days of Darkness". In 2Samuel24:13, we can confer that this is a spiritual plague in the last days. Therefore we can logically connect or correct our understanding of the sabbatical cycles that goes to the end time, to 9/11/2001. Since it was an attack on the "Heart of Judah", designed to promote the genocide of the ethnic groups that performed the action. Remember, the Tribe of Dan, is slain so that Joseph can become the Lion to redeem Judah (rev. 5:5). This Jonathan Cahn takes as a sign to mark the final THREE sabbatical cycles.

(Genetic Dan before it is euthanized, very much wants to die, its desire to die has only been more encompassing of its earthly experience the closer we come to the end of time, ending with god performing the action to mark the beginning of the Great Tribulation, we are not far now from 7/15/2015) (I was physically in NYC shortly before 9/11/2001)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
What is the consensus view?

49 years + the Jubilee year = 50 , but breaks the shemitah 7 year cycle?

or 49

There is a difference of opinion in the Talmud as to whether the jubilee year was included in or excluded from the forty-nine years of the seven cycles. The majority of rabbis hold that the jubilee year was an intercalation, and followed the seventh Sabbatical year, making two fallow years in succession.After both had passed, the next cycle began. They adduce this theory from the plain words of the Law to "hallow the fiftieth year," and also from the assurance of God's promise of a yield in the sixth year sufficient for maintenance during the following three years, "until the ninth year, until her fruits come in" (Lev. xxv. 22), which, they say, refers to the jubilee year. Judah ha-Nasi, however, contends that the jubilee year was identical with the seventh Sabbatical year (R. H. 9a; Giṭ. 36a; comp. Rashi ad loc.). The opinion of the Geonim and of later authorities generally prevails, that the jubilee, when in force during the period of the First Temple, was intercalated, but that in the time of the Second Temple, when the jubilee was observed only "nominally," it coincided with the seventh Sabbatical year. In post-exilic bṭimes the jubilee was entirely ignored, though the strict observance of the shemiṭṭah was steadily insisted upon. This, however, is only according to a rabbinical enactment (Tos. to Giṭ. 36a, s.v. "Bizeman"), as by the Mosaic law, according to R. Judah, shemiṭṭah is dependent on the jubilee and ceases to exist when there is no jubilee (Giṭ. l.c. and Rashi ad loc.).

That the Sabbatical year was observed during the existence of the Second Temple is evident from the history of the Maccabees (I Macc. vi. 51, 55). The Mishnah includes in the examination of witnesses questions as to dates, in giving which there must be specified the Sabbatical year, the year, month, week, day, and hour (Sanh. v. 1).

SABBATICAL YEAR AND JUBILEE - JewishEncyclopedia.com

Upvote 0

PrattPratt

May 2, 2015
✟7,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok, I've just finished reading a new book called "The Jubilee Prophecy", and it's currently free for kindle on Amazon. I've never heard about this stuff until yesterday. According to author Steven Nichols, nothing will happen in the following years, because the land of Israel and its people had only TWO Jubilee restorations: the land and Jerusalem, both 50 years apart, and they need two more, the third is the Temple being rebuilt and the fourth is the coming kingdom of Jesus Christ, which author puts in 2065. I was a bit sceptical about the whole thing, until he mentioned Isaac Newton and his secret calculations and the year he came up with. A short, but very interesting book. It will answer some if not all of your questions.

Oh, and Jubilee doesn't break the Shmita cycle. You keep counting down 7 years from Shmita to Shmita regardless if the Jubilee happens in the middle.

Upvote 0

Dave Watchman

Jan 10, 2014
✟67,573.00
Faith
Christian
What is the consensus view?

49 years + the Jubilee year = 50 , but breaks the shemitah 7 year cycle?

or 49

GreatistheLord,

Shabbat Shalom

Don't know the consensus or even if it could be trusted but 49 seems logical to me with the 50th year of Jubilee also becoming the 1st year of the next Jubilee Cycle.

Cycle 1 began in the springtime of 1437BC, the year of the Exodus.

S M T W T F S 1 (7)
S M T W T F S 2 (14)
S M T W T F S 3 (21)
S M T W T F S 4 (28)
S M T W T F S 5 (35)
S M T W T F S 6 (42)
S M T W T F S 7 (49)

(Now the next Sunday year becomes the 50th Jubilee year AND year 1 of the next Jubilee Cycle)

50M T W T F S 1 (7)
S M T W T F S 2 (14)
S M T W T F S 3 (21)
S M T W T F S 4 (28)
S M T W T F S 5 (35)
S M T W T F S 6 (42)
S M T W T F S 7 (49)

10 Jubilee Cycles = 490 years and looks like this; 49+49+49+49+49+49+49+49+49+49 = 490.

10 Jubilee Cycles also = "70 weeks" of years.

( I learned this from a nice guy named Larry Wilson )

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LxRIh8QUK4

(Fast forward to the 18:30 minute)

Last edited:
Upvote 0