Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Here, I am going to get rid of a seemingly "en vogue" myth that has become popular amongst Atheist. It is known as the "Christ Myth" and is promoted by Acharya S, Earl Doherty, Tom Harpur, and various other...fringe resources.

We will begin here -

YouTube - Shattering the Christ Myth(1/3)

Mind you I don't agree with the 'crucifixion AT Golgotha", but somewhere like right down the street from Golgotha. Golgotha was a graveyard and still is today. Yeshua was crucified on the tree of life. On most of the various major points, Holding is spot on.

Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
YouTube - Shattering the Christ Myth(2/3)

Here we go on more, after Mithra we have Osiris. Dionysius, and Peter Gandy and Timothy Freke. Remember the picture of the cross posted all over the internet? Yeah, thats a fraud. Not to mention, my viewpoints of the cross...let us not get started on that one :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
"The zodiac is broken into 12 sections tracing the path of the sun over a calendar year."

Origin of the Zodiac

Thats Babylonian mythology that went to Greece and then Rome!

The Jews were not exposed to the Babylonians until the exile. The 12 Tribes came WAYYYY before the Zodiac.

That is on the Zodiac from section one. Interesting, the Jews did not utilize a solar based calendar, and stayed away from these types of material. Remember the Maccabees? Yeah, Yeshua did not utilize Hellenistic material, sorry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 24, 2010
United States
Visit site
✟10,581.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What are you saying? . . the Christ myth about what exactly? . .

Have you ever seen Zeitgeist?

J.P. Holding discusses this in an earlier post that I made, but basically it has to do with the idea that Jesus was copied off of pagan mythological characters.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Does anybody have any questions on what Holding is trying to refute?

Just one: have you sat down and read through Doherty's The Jesus Puzzle?

eudaimonia,

Mark

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens

Don't worry. It's the atheist equivalent of a Chick tract: lots of obvious nonsense mixed in with a couple of half-truths, topped off by a truckload of hare-brained conspiracy theories.

Stay as far away from that one as you can.

Upvote 0

ProScribe

May 20, 2008
Granbury,TX
✟7,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Don't worry. It's the atheist equivalent of a Chick tract: lots of obvious nonsense mixed in with a couple of half-truths, topped off by a truckload of hare-brained conspiracy theories.

Stay as far away from that one as you can.

Ok.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Not to derail things any further, but does anyone know who is behind Zeitgeist? And what sort of worldview he or she has?

It seems that "Ramtha's School of Enlightenment" (a strange New Age cult) was behind What the *Bleep* Do We Know?

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

vajradhara

Diamond Thunderbolt of Indestructable Wisdom
Jun 25, 2003
Dharmadhatu
✟19,720.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Not to derail things any further, but does anyone know who is behind Zeitgeist? And what sort of worldview he or she has?

It seems that "Ramtha's School of Enlightenment" (a strange New Age cult) was behind What the *Bleep* Do We Know?

eudaimonia,

Mark

and that movie was just terrible. i felt as if i'd suffered a permanent -3 to my intelligence score!

metta,

~v

Reactions: Eudaimonist
Upvote 0