• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Shark Tank's Kevin O'Leary: Trump Has 100% Chance of Re-election

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Veritas, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Veritas

Veritas 1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism

+2,614
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    Why Kevin O'Leary says Trump has '100 percent' chance of getting reelected in 2020

Video is great and worth a watch.

At the CNBC Disruptor 50 Roadshow in Philadelphia on Wednesday, the financial expert and “Shark Tank” star blamed past administrations’ regulation-heavy policies and applauded Trump’s push to eliminate the red tape for companies nationwide, facilitating the lives of America’s small-business owners.

“If you think this administration is getting voted out in the next election, you are 100 percent wrong. Where I go to Amarillo, Texas; Champaign; Urbana; Fargo, his name is painted on the barn, and I see it for miles around. And look, I’m not trying to advocate here for it. I’m just telling you, if you think sitting in Boston or Philly or New York or LA that’s America, that’s not America. I go to America, and they love what’s happening,” he said.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. NightHawkeye

NightHawkeye Work-in-progress Supporter

+7,967
    Methodist
    Married
    Wow! Mr Wonderful making such a bold prediction.

I suspect he's close to right. I'm just leary of calling it 100%. A lot can happen between now and election time.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  3. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+6,449
    Agnostic
    Married
    Apparently Kevin O'Leary should sign up for a remedial math class.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. LaBèlla

LaBèlla Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,146
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    I expect he will be reelected. I don’t know about 100% but I think the odds are in his favor.

5. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+9,288
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    I think it is 100% certain that Trump will not relinquish the office after the 2020 election.

6. NightHawkeye

+7,967
    Methodist
    Married
    Well, Obama did, George Bush did, and Bill Clinton before him did as well. I expect if a Democrat wins that Trump would relinquish the office. Unlike Venzuela, I feel certain that the nations institutions would demand it.

7. Speedwell

+9,288
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    I hope you are right.

8. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+6,605
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I have faith that Americans are smarter than that. If it took me 30 seconds to see through Trump, two years of exposure should be more than enough for even the most gullible to begin to have serious doubts.

But I fear Russian interference, along with McConnell and his enablers holding the welcome mat out for them, will tip.the balance. As far as I am concerned, McConnell should be indicted for treason. The FBI and DOJ have issued serious warnings, and He's telling Russia to come on down.

9. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+3,528
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    Pretty bold claim considering the latest state by state polling shows him underwater in Florida, Texas, Georgia and more, and the Dems winning by 400 EC votes.

Obviously lots can change between now and the election, but it’s a strange time to make bullish predictions about his electability.

10. NightHawkeye

+7,967
    Methodist
    Married
    Mr. Wonderful (O'Leary) is know for making bold predictions.

It's why he's been on Shark Tank for so long.

11. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+9,974
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Geography, too:

No, I'm pretty sure that those are all parts of America. In fact, Boston, Philly, and New York were all more fundamental to the founding of the country than were Amarillo and Champaign Urbana.

12. MorkandMindy

MorkandMindy Senior Veteran Supporter

+386
    United States
    Single
    US-Others
    Perspective makes a world of difference to what a person sees.

I knew a small business owner and he explained to me that keeping abreast of regulations was a full time job in his business.

Again perspective matters. I've spent 3 1/2 years on or close to the minimum wage and I can tell you as many other single people on a minimum wage can, that raising it is the last thing we want. But Middle class people just don't understand that an extra dollar or so doesn't cover the loss from losing Medicaid.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  13. MorkandMindy

MorkandMindy Senior Veteran Supporter

+386
    United States
    Single
    US-Others
    The best chance the DNC has is a dark horse, someone who comes out into the limelight late in the game, whose policies have not been revealed, who talks positive stuff which doesn't make any sense.

The DNC also lacked a main policy in 2016, having one candidate way off on the left and the other off on the right, favoring the elimination of more working class jobs through her TPP 'gold standard of trade agreements' while Bernie wanted more working class jobs.

And they're back at it again, complaining about each other and everything else just to waste time so nobody finds out how bad the policies they support actually are.

14. NightHawkeye

+7,967
    Methodist
    Married
    nm

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  15. Veritas

Veritas 1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism

+2,614
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    But non-citizens voting doesn't bother you? It's going to be very hard for the democrats to win the 2020 election given that they are still trying to win the 2016 election. Let. It. Go.

16. Speedwell

+9,288
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    Non citizens voting? Wasn't there an investigation into that?

17. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Active Member Supporter

+250
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Speaking of gullibility...

18. Kentonio

Kentonio Well-Known Member

+3,528
    France
    Atheist
    Single
    Which is why you need universal health coverage so you can insist on a decent wage without having to worry whether you will qualify for healthcare or not.

19. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+6,449
    Agnostic
    Married
    Yes, what do all of our intelligence agencies know?

20. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+5,733
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yea, I guess that's why the GOP lost so badly in 2018. The millions of illegal non-citizens voting!