• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Shark Tank's Kevin O'Leary: Trump Has 100% Chance of Re-election

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Veritas, Aug 12, 2019.

1. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Active Member Supporter

+250
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    The same as all our media outlets, scientists, psychologists, biologists, pediatricians, etc. The monolithic consensus being formed by one after another, on a host of issues, seems...fishy.

2. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+3,332
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Wait, as a biological scientist, I'm part of a monolithic consensus being formed? I never got any of those memos. Please, do tell me what I am consensing on.

Also, why are biologists listed separate from scientists? Also, why just pediatricians, why are other areas of medical specialty left out of the loop. It's not sounding that monolithic.

3. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+6,450
    Agnostic
    Married
    You find professionals being swayed by evidence fishy?

4. GOD Shines Forth!

+250
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    I find them being swayed by manufactured evidence...fishy.

5. SammyClifnote

SammyClifnote New Member

+78
    United States
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    Please tell us about the manufactured scientific evidence of which you speak! I'd be interested in hearing about this!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  6. GOD Shines Forth!

+250
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    They say what they are being told to say. The others are being pushed out. The curated consensus forms a monolith.

7. SammyClifnote

SammyClifnote New Member

+78
    United States
    Atheist
    In Relationship
    You should actually meet some professional scientists some time. You'll see how fractally wrong you are about scientists.

Curated Consensus. That sounds impressive. Not real, but it sounds impressive!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. JackRT

JackRT Flat earther waking up ... Supporter

+12,158
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    I agree. Let's not fault him too much. He is after all a Canadian --- one of those rare Canadians who is a wannabe Trump clone. He tried to run for the leadership of the Progressive Conservative Party in Canada. Bowed out when he realized that he couldn't win because he couldn't speak French.

9. Tanj

+3,332
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    There's that "they" again. Let me repeat. I am a biological scientist. I am one of these people you insist on labeling "they"...in fact, I am two of them, since you put scientists and biologists separately.

Have the decency to respond to me directly. Go on, have the guts to tell me that I am being told what to say.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  10. GOD Shines Forth!

+250
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    [

11. GOD Shines Forth!

+250
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    My initial quip was not directed to you in the first place. I owe you nothing.

12. cow451

cow451 Individual-2 Supporter

+12,032
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    The President told you that 3 million Mexicans voted in the last election, which he still won by the greatest landslide in the history of the nation. Are you deaf or what? Get with the program, Comrade!!!

13. cow451

cow451 Individual-2 Supporter

+12,032
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    Well, you have a point. The whole Trump thing does reek.

14. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,063
    Agnostic
    Single
    He's a fun character, but, probably the shadiest of the bunch.

15. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+2,917
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    I had to look him up. Why should I pay any attention to what he thinks about American politics?

16. variant

variant Happy Cat

+4,063
    Agnostic
    Single
    Why indeed.

It seems to me that a lot of people think that if someone has the knack for making money they should be paid attention to outside that particular area of expertise.

17. MorkandMindy

MorkandMindy Senior Veteran Supporter

+386
    United States
    Single
    US-Others
    Very true.

The first thing that worries me is so many people, liberals, are proclaiming that a 15 dollar minimum wage would be a good thing even though they know nothing about the situation.

18. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+6,607
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Funny, a preponderance of evidence generally is enough for juries to convict.

19. MorkandMindy

MorkandMindy Senior Veteran Supporter

+386
    United States
    Single
    US-Others
    or that many of the complaints about low pay came from the public being annoyed that the government is subsidizing low paying companies such as Amazon and Walmart.

Expected Result
    Raising wages beyond eligibility for medicaid would cause either:

1. the company to pay medical care which makes the low paid employees more expensive and will bring extensive automation

2. or if the employee is not released he loses medicaid and has to pay a lot for something else or as in my case, goes without.

20. Tanj

+3,332
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Everytime I think I have grasped the true depravity and horror of the US healthcare system I find out it goes even lower.