Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
An update... :)

Nobel Laureates

• Dag Hammarskjöld, Swedish economist; statesman and Secretary General of the United Nations. Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.
  • Linus Pauling, American chemist who won the Nobel prize in chemisty for his work describing the nature of chemical bonds. Pauling received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1962 for his campaign against above-ground nuclear testing, becoming one of only two people to receive the Nobel Prize in more than one field, the other being Marie Curie.
  • Martti Ahtisaari, President Emeritus of Finland. Winner of the UNESCO Peace Prize 2008. Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2008.
:clap:

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An update... :)

Nobel Laureates

• Dag Hammarskjöld, Swedish economist; statesman and Secretary General of the United Nations. Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.
  • Linus Pauling, American chemist who won the Nobel prize in chemisty for his work describing the nature of chemical bonds. Pauling received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1962 for his campaign against above-ground nuclear testing, becoming one of only two people to receive the Nobel Prize in more than one field, the other being Marie Curie.
  • Martti Ahtisaari, President Emeritus of Finland. Winner of the UNESCO Peace Prize 2008. Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2008.
:clap:
Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

DarkNLovely

Dark am I, yet lovely.....Song of Songs 1:5
Jul 25, 2007
Where da party at!
✟18,913.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yep...Nietzche was an atheist. Not a Lutheran, unless he was born one, but he certainly denounced any belief in God.

Pity the list forgot Olaus and Laurentius Petri. Also, it might be an interesting trivia note that Franz Delitzche was Jewish before converting to Christianity.

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yep...Nietzche was an atheist. Not a Lutheran, unless he was born one, but he certainly denounced any belief in God.

Pity the list forgot Olaus and Laurentius Petri. Also, it might be an interesting trivia note that Franz Delitzche was Jewish before converting to Christianity.

Basically, I guess we could simply list the Nordic Who's Whoes -- authors, architects, artists, statesmen and -women, etc. -- and more likely than not, these notables would qualify for "Famous Lutherans".

Anyhow, I'd like to add a contemporary of Olaus (Olof) and Laurentius (Lars) Petri, Mikael Agricola.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Contra! Remember me?

You were the first one who helped me out in my many questions concerning Lutheranism via PMs!

Is that you?

Ed

Greetings! I do remember you of course...and it's great to see you still here. Hope you have a blessed Christmas! :)

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.