" sharia patrols " harassing European citizens

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I guess some do lawfully pack some heat. I do not and I have not encountered those who do.

That's why I find it unsettling to have a street preacher threatening people with the most horrific things you can imagine. If I'm by myself, I don't really mind and ignore them, but if I'm with my wife and kids, it definitely bothers me. What if he decides "God" is talking to him, and "God" tells him to kill the non believers?

Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You asked a question, I answered it. No red herring was involved.

The original question was by smaneck: And personally I don't much care if someone tells me I'm condemned to hell-fire as long as they don't have the power to send me there prematurely. It is the gun-toting Christians who scare me.

Your first reply was a number of cases where Muslims carried guns. That is a red herring, and nothing to do with the post you were responding to.

Your second reply regarding this post was about what Christian Churches advocated. Another red herring.

The point is, gun toting Christians scare smaneck, (and myself and other atheists). Do you have anything to add on this topic? Should we not be afraid? If not, why?

When American liberals talk about the Christian church, they are not referring to the Russian Greek Catholic Church or the Church of Norway.

Nobody is talking about any church, yet you keep bringing them up. They said "gun-toting Christians" scare them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's why I find it unsettling to have a street preacher threatening people with the most horrific things you can imagine. If I'm by myself, I don't really mind and ignore them, but if I'm with my wife and kids, it definitely bothers me. What if he decides "God" is talking to him, and "God" tells him to kill the non believers?

If you feel threatened then report it to the authorities. Or open carry. You have a right to exercise your 2nd Amendment right too.

I for one do not see a need for packing heat when evangelizing. I think that defeats the purpose of evangelizing. Unless you are doing it in Ethiopia. Everyone open carries there.

Then again the churches I have been out evangelizing with are not an in your face yelling type. We present the Gospel and invite folks to come up and discuss more if they want.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you feel threatened then report it to the authorities. Or open carry. You have a right to exercise your 2nd Amendment right too.

Loons with guns always scare me, even when they can carry them legally.

I for one do not see a need for packing heat when evangelizing. I think that defeats the purpose of evangelizing. Unless you are doing it in Ethiopia. Everyone open carries there.

I'm glad we agree that evangelizing does not require a gun. And I will give you "except in Ethiopia" (Not that I've been there, but it sounds like you have.)

Then again the churches I have been out evangelizing with are not an in your face yelling type. We present the Gospel and invite folks to come up and discuss more if they want.

That's cool. I think very few people have a problem with that.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad we agree that evangelizing does not require a gun. And I will give you "except in Ethiopia" (Not that I've been there, but it sounds like you have.)

Just for accuracy. I have not been to Ethiopia but know people who did missionary work there. If you go out into the streets there as a Westerner you will die...unless you have goods to sell, buying or distributing food.

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Now there are some, and with merit in their logic, who would argue that your lightning example shows something a bit different. That the lightning bolt was to hit by design at the exact coordinates where you just by free will decided to step.

Don't ask me to explain that one. :)

It's a nice try but given the agencies said to involved I wouldn't fancy trying to make "just an unfortunate innocent bystander" stick.

I agree on the circumstances (for apparent good or ill) which raise thought on chance or design,
Bizarre deaths or bizarre escapes from such.
Being killed by a falling cow, or pig, or worse. If you can't blame outside chance, then a capricious deity (as in the Greek of Norse pantheons) starts to edge into the "thinkable"category.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Like the Christians who shot and killed 130 people in the streets of Paris? Oh, wait...

Do you really want me to enumerate all the atrocities committed by Christians? Because I'm betting I can come up with even more.

Or perhaps the Christian who shot his daughters to death in Irving, Texas, over concerns about their "Western" lifestyle. Oh, wait...

"Faten Habash's father wept as he assured his daughter there would be no more beatings, no more threats to her life and that she was free to marry the man she loved, even if he was a Muslim. All he asked was that Faten return home.

Hassan Habash even gave his word to an emissary from a Bedouin tribe traditionally brought in to mediate in matters of family honour, a commitment regarded as sacrosanct in Palestinian society. But the next weekend, as Faten watched a Boy Scouts parade from the balcony of her Ramallah home, the 22-year-old Christian Palestinian was dragged into the living room and bludgeoned to death with an iron bar. Her father was arrested for the murder."

And before you raise the specter of Abortion clinic deaths, since 1990 a total of eleven people have died as the result of attacks against abortion clinics. Practitioners of Islam killed more than that yesterday.

How about we just stick to things like the Rawanda, Hiroshima, etc.? It'll take awhile before Muslims can catch up to those.

This is nothing but specious disinformation. The concern over Syrian immigrants isn't they may be lazy bums, it is they may be intent on dedicating their efforts here to achieve the same goal as the two San Bernardino shooters.

Perhaps you missed the part of the verse which said: "and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart."

But if scripture can't convict you, there is no point in my trying.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Just for accuracy. I have not been to Ethiopia but know people who did missionary work there. If you go out into the streets there as a Westerner you will die...unless you have goods to sell, buying or distributing food.

But, but, but. That is a Christian country!

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
This is easy. The Christian church does not advocate the repression and murder of those who disagree with the Church. Islam does.

No, Islam advocates defending the community from those who would kill and exile them.

The claim to be afraid of gun toting Christians is nothing but a politically motivated partisan talking point.

Really? I bunch of gun toting Christians here in Rankin County were coming into Jackson on a regular basis to harass black people. Finally they ran one down and killed him. But granted, I'm not black.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Then you should be able to post some examples of how Christians on this forum talk about immigrants and the poor, or where Christian members on this forum have advocated denying benefits to the poor.

You're one of the worst offenders!

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you really want me to enumerate all the atrocities committed by Christians? Because I'm betting I can come up with even more.

Yeah, yeah, I know, the Crusades.

How about we just stick to things like the Rawanda, Hiroshima, etc.? It'll take awhile before Muslims can catch up to those.

Hiroshima was an act of war against an intransigent enemy which refused to surrender. The decision was made to drop the bomb in order to bring the war to an end. Japan started the war against America, that America ended it does not reflect negatively on Christianity in any manner. To insist otherwise is not only a specious generalization but simply wrong.

Perhaps you missed the part of the verse which said: "and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart."

Now the moral equivalency argument. In context "imagine" means plot, scheme, or devise. To be wary of Muslim immigrants from Syria demands none of the above, as Islamic jihadist have and continue to put their evil on display for all the world to see. Christians are not plotting to go to Syria and murder innocents at, say, a holiday party. Or a concert hall. The verse cited does not demand Christians stand with open arms and a broad welcoming smile as a jihadist approaches with a meat cleaver shouting "Allah Ackbar."

You're one of the worst offenders!

Then it should be easy for you to post examples.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, Islam advocates defending the community from those who would kill and exile them.

And they do that by going to by going to Paris or San Bernardino and killing people who never set foot in Iraq, Syria, or Palestine?

Tell me, how is it defending the community from those who would kill and exile them when Jihadist go to Peshawar and gun down 141 people, including 132 school children?

Really? I bunch of gun toting Christians here in Rankin County were coming into Jackson on a regular basis to harass black people. Finally they ran one down and killed him. But granted, I'm not black.

I would like to read that story as obviously reported in the news.

Never mind, I found it. The CNN article makes no mention of any association between the Church and Deryl Dedmon.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Loons with guns always scare me, even when they can carry them legally.

That's cool. I think very few people have a problem with that.

If street preachers give you the willies then don't pick up a Chick tract. :)

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1100/1100_01.asp

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
And they do that by going to by going to Paris or San Bernardino and killing people who never set foot in Iraq, Syria, or Palestine?

Tell me, how is it defending the community from those who would kill and exile them when Jihadist go to Peshawar and gun down 141 people, including 132 school children?
I was talking about what Islam advocates, not ISIS.

Never mind, I found it. The CNN article makes no mention of any association between the Church and Deryl Dedmon.

I don't care what CNN said, I live here. I know for a fact that every single one of these kids attended the same church. I also know for a fact that when Mission Mississippi, an organization dedicated to ending racism within churches in Mississippi asked to meet with the congregation, they were refused. How do I know this? I am a member of the Mississippi Religious Leadership Council.

Upvote 0