Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Repeating after you is babbling (agreed) ^_^

Because you clearly can't understand what I posted, it's my fault you're babbling? Or can you show me where "A few posts back with a one line response seems to have ruffled your feathers in respects to all immigrants, all strangers and all poor by that one post?"

My last post before the one you replied to was yesterday.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But people can imply things without coming right out and saying it. There is a post i came across this weekend, I'll try to find it.

Here it is. Ill leave it to the reader to decide what if anything is being implied, and the group involved.

Black Dog said:
To be honest, that is exactly what I was expecting hear. It's so much more difficult to radicalize people who are busy caught up in the rat race, working to take their girlfriend to dinner and the movies, or saving up for the cool car they want.

Reply (From a Christian)
Or actually having a job.

Indeed, that was @redleghunter me! Did you bother to ask what I meant by that statement? If you did, you would know. :)

I served in Iraq for a number of years. The #1 deterrent to radicalization were jobs. We worked with the state dept (US embassy) to get a number or factories and refineries up and running so there could be jobs for the young men. That was the context of my comments. So I expect a retraction of your implication.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Indeed, that was @redleghunter me! Did you bother to ask what I meant by that statement? If you did, you would know. :)

I served in Iraq for a number of years. The #1 deterrent to radicalization were jobs. We worked with the state dept (US embassy) to get a number or factories and refineries up and running so there could be jobs for the young men. That was the context of my comments. So I expect a retraction of your implication.

My post was all about the fact that they needed to have a job and be working. Why would you need to add "Or actually having a job."? You must have misread my post, so post deleted.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I don't believe anyone would see a good work these days with their faces glued to their ipods as often as they are these days.

But I also don't believe this nation is Christian (for the most part) anymore, but the nation itself receives immigrants in whether legally or illegally. I don't know any Christians (personally speaking ) who are calling every immigrant and all poor people lazy bums so I cant speak to what you see.

That passage from scripture indicates they shouldn't be imagining this about any of the poor and strangers. When Christians talk about stopping immigration and making it harder and harder for the poor to get benefits, it seems to me they are doing precisely that.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because you clearly can't understand what I posted, it's my fault you're babbling? Or can you show me where "A few posts back with a one line response seems to have ruffled your feathers in respects to all immigrants, all strangers and all poor by that one post?"

My last post before the one you replied to was yesterday.

You can discuss your problem with redleghunter, maybe he can help unruffle your feathers

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My post was all about the fact that they needed to have a job and be working. Why would you need to add "Or actually having a job."? You must have misread my post, so post deleted.

Thank you.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
The professor generalizes again.

Didn't generalize. Never said no Christians did this. I think Sojourner does great work in this area. I'm talking more about how Christians talk about immigrants and the poor in this forum, argue against allowing refugees into the country and want to deny benefits to the poor.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That passage from scripture indicates they shouldn't be imagining this about any of the poor and strangers. When Christians talk about stopping immigration and making it harder and harder for the poor to get benefits, it seems to me they are doing precisely that.

Again the generalizations. Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another red herring. No one was talking about what Christian Churches advocated.

You asked a question, I answered it. No red herring was involved.

And do you speak for every one of the tens of thousands of denominations of Christianity?

When American liberals talk about the Christian church, they are not referring to the Russian Greek Catholic Church or the Church of Norway.

Didn't generalize. Never said no Christians did this. I think Sojourner does great work in this area. I'm talking more about how Christians talk about immigrants and the poor in this forum, argue against allowing refugees into the country and want to deny benefits to the poor.

Then you should be able to post some examples of how Christians on this forum talk about immigrants and the poor, or where Christian members on this forum have advocated denying benefits to the poor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Granted it's old? LOL....dated October of 1935! The piece does not even give the full description of the events. LOL....

Fine, 2009. Born again Christian, and anti-abortion protester Scott Roeder, murders George Tiller. I will agree that he is unhinged, but then who knows about other Christians preaching, maybe they are unhinged too.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Perhaps that is your predisposition when people write about ensuring background checks, security etc. On the poor, perhaps there are a few here callous of such, but opposition to the US corrupt welfare system is not advocating denying benefits to the poor. You use such talking points as a psychological tactic to silence opinion or steer the sentiment of a conversation to your view using stereotypical propaganda. That is what is call pontification and self-righteousness. You sit in judgment of others while establishing yourself as a 'lofty observer' who is 'neutral.' Nothing could be further from the case.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fine, 2009. Born again Christian, and anti-abortion protester Scott Roeder, murders George Tiller. I will agree that he is unhinged, but then who knows about other Christians preaching, maybe they are unhinged too.

Yes @Sistrin already accounted for that in his comments.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Stopping "illegal" immigration yes, there is law, or at least there was one, and the nation is becoming lawless.

This nation doesn't even have money it has a debt, and a debt bubble larger then anything ever seen, all benefits to other nations outgoing (and any incoming) just get thrown into the trillions of dollars of debt piling up on the backs of America's working middle class (which is disappearing) and its own working poor.

If our poor (in this nation) make barely enough to support themselves and their families why is it considered more acceptable to make it harder for these to keep their own heads above water while others entering in get those things for free?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
Al-Muhajiroun (which Abu Rumaysah and Anjem Choudhary are a part of) is a banned, fringe, disliked group within the Muslim community in the UK, particularly its leaders. I typed in al-Muhajiroun exposed and this came up (both by Muslims):

Warning against Omar Bakri, Anjem Choudary and al-Muhajiroun
Al-Muhaajiroun: The Extremist Cult Exposed!

I think a lot of their membership may be sincere but they have been duped by its leader. Yes, I think in their (the general group, not necessarily the leaders) minds they're enjoining the good and forbidding the evil....but why do it in such a bad, hostile, off-putting manner? And instead of focusing on secondary issues (like drinking or clothing), why not kindly talk to them about the basic principles of the religion instead?

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided. (Surah an-Nahl 16:125)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And?

Sigh. So you have nothing. Like I said, babbling.

I really didn't want to be bothered with the back and forth with you, I stated earlier I was not going to go back and forth with the other, then you tagged me and started babbling in my ear about someone elses stuff, I am really uninterested in it.

Yeah, I have nothing I really want to continue with you on (thats true) ^_^

Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yes @Sistrin already accounted for that in his comments.

Here's something from Matt Slick, at Christian and Apologetics Research Ministry, Street Preaching Equipment page:

I carry the Fatboy Versipack by Maxpedition.10 This is a very sturdy pack with ample storage space. The main pouch is large enough to fit my street preaching Bible. The additional pouches hold tracts, New Testaments, business cards, and other items. It is also an outstanding tactical bag for those who can lawfully carry a firearm.

here is an article titled Pistol Packing Pastors: Cairns, who now works for the police, says the only way to be ready the next time was to be ready all the time, even when he preached.

Last edited:
Upvote 0