Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
However we able able to recieve knowledge that no one could have guessed was possible, through Divine inspiration.

One quick off the top of my head,
Rahab,
She told the spies to go up in the hills and stay there for three days until their persuers returned.

How could she know their persuers would return after three days?
If she was wrong it would have been curtains for the spies.
- Imagine first that you have one transcendental brain - God. The transcendental brain inspires your physical brain.
- Now imagine each physical brain has a transcendental brain - our higher selves. Your transcendental brain inspires your physical brain.

The two cases are indistinguishable from our perspective as physical beings. We feel that something inspired us, but we don't know what that something might be. It might be our higher self with memories of all our past lives.

In the case of Rahab, maybe she was one of the pursuers in past life, so she remembered that they would return in three days (even though her past life seemed to be partially in the future from the perspective of her current life).

Or maybe Rahab knew that the leader of the pursuers wanted to be back in time to participate in a bowling tournament in three days.

Reactions: Robban
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,624.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
- Imagine first that you have one transcendental brain - God. The transcendental brain inspires your physical brain.
- Now imagine each physical brain has a transcendental brain - our higher selves. Your transcendental brain inspires your physical brain.

The two cases are indistinguishable from our perspective as physical beings. We feel that something inspired us, but we don't know what that something might be. It might be our higher self with memories of all our past lives.

In the case of Rahab, maybe she was one of the pursuers in past life, so she remembered that they would return in three days (even though her past life seemed to be partially in the future from the perspective of her current life).

Or maybe Rahab knew that the leader of the pursuers wanted to be back in time to participate in a bowling tournament in three days.

Cloudy and Dlamberth it is 5am here, but I will say, Good night,
would like to continue but have to do some shopping later today, we all have to eat you know, haha.

Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,624.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced

It cannot be that one is aware they are Divinely inspired,

By Divinely inspired I mean inspired by infinite wisdom from above,

above being over our understanding, it remains to be seen.

Rahab could not have been one of the pursueers in a previous life,
the event happened in her time.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,624.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Please explain what your meaning here.

Not permanent while in the physical, but one,s soul can ascend to a higher level,
or world, realm or heaven,
While the body remains.

Some Psalms begin with, "A song of ascent".

David was given a taste of the world to come in Psalms 23.

Some Psalms begin with "A song of ascent"

David speaks sometimes to his soul,

"O my soul, why are you so downcast."

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It cannot be that one is aware they are Divinely inspired,

By Divinely inspired I mean inspired by infinite wisdom from above,

above being over our understanding, it remains to be seen.
Imagine each person consists of a physical brain that is totally encapsulated by a transcendental (i.e. spiritual brain). The spiritual brain knows everything the physical brain knows, but the reverse is NOT true; the physical brain does not have access to the spiritual brain's knowledge except through rare moments of inspiration.

In that scenario the spiritual brain would be "above" the physical brain in the same way that God would be "above" the physical brain.

Rahab could not have been one of the pursueers in a previous life,
the event happened in her time.
There is no rule preventing a person living their many lives out of sequence or even in parallel. So I might be reincarnated as my cat after I die, even though we are alive at the same time. Or I might be reincarnated as a sabre tooth tiger after I die, even though the sabre tooth tigers are extinct today.

So Rahab might have been one of the pursuers in a previous life and might have reincarnation memories.

A more mundane explanation for Rahab's knowledge might be that one of the pursuers was her client and had told her something about his plans to take his wife to dinner for their anniversary in three days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,624.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Imagine each person consists of a physical brain that is totally encapsulated by a transcendental (i.e. spiritual brain). The spiritual brain knows everything the physical brain knows, but the reverse is NOT true; the physical brain does not have access to the spiritual brain's knowledge except through rare moments of inspiration.

In that scenario the spiritual brain would be "above" the physical brain in the same way that God would be "above" the physical brain.

There is no rule preventing a person living their many lives out of sequence or even in parallel. So I might be reincarnated as my cat after I die, even though we are alive at the same time. Or I might be reincarnated as a sabre tooth tiger after I die, even though the sabre tooth tigers are extinct today.

So Rahab might have been one of the pursuers in a previous life and might have reincarnation memories.

A more mundane explanation for Rahab's knowledge might be that one of the pursuers was her client and had told her something about his plans to take his wife to dinner for their anniversary in three days.

Of course, all is possible,

but it is not what I think of as reincarnation of the soul.

• Informative
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
I tried to unearth such memories via hypnosis, with some success.

I do not consider them "proof", nor do I necessarily consider them to be authentic memories instead of my subconscious imagination running wild, but I *do* find them interesting.

I saw a woman in ancient China, roughly at the time of the Mongol reign. She had green eyes, for some reason, and was born poor, but became a wealthy wife or concubine by marriage.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0