Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
A lot of people suspect they remember things from a previous life. My father had a recurring dream throughout his life of being an hunter-gatherer type person cornered in a cave with other members of his tribe. He always wondered if that was a memory from a previous life.

Hopefully others have some to share.

2PhiloVoid

Get my point, Web-Maker ???
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,131,176.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A lot of people suspect they remember things from a previous life. My father had a recurring dream throughout his life of being an hunter-gatherer type person cornered in a cave with other members of his tribe. He always wondered if that was a memory from a previous life.

Since I've never shared a family photo here, I thought I'd break a picture out. Here's me in a previous life, enjoying some sand and sun at the beach....

upload_2017-9-15_17-43-22.jpeg

:cool:

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
My recurring dream is that I am running away from something, and then in desperation I begin to run on all fours like an ape to go faster.

So here is me in a previous life:
anjana-the-chimpanzee-and-two-tigers-13.jpg

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Blue sky. Well balanced with clouds. Right over a lake, or maybe an ocean. You washed up on a really sandy beach, some distance inland. Or maybe its just perspective. No one else around, apparently.........

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

nah, its either just a dream, or he's channeling demonic spirits. Unintentionally, but yeah we don't have past lives, and our lives are not for recycling. That's a New Age philosophy.

• Informative
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟865,752.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Man, over the centuries I've just had really bad luck. I've miscarried in the womb every single time. I mean what are the odds? That's why I don't go to Vegas. Anyway, it's really nice to finally get out and get some fresh air.

• Haha
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There are many spiritual traditions where Reincarnation is part of their belief systems. It's not just New Age.
I know, but its popularized by New Age philosophy. It doesn't change the fact that its channeling demonic spirits.

Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am always amazed at the great tendency of past lives to cluster around famous people. The past life is always Cleopatra or Cleopatra's handmaiden. Never lesser known figures like Caecilia Metella or seldom unknown muckgatherer F.
Clearly there must be some psychic connection between English speaking peoples, and famous people and their servants. That and Atlantis of course.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I know, but its popularized by New Age philosophy. It doesn't change the fact that its channeling demonic spirits.
What do you make of Elijah and the prophecy that Elijah must return before the Messiah? The gospels suggest that John the Baptist was the returned Elijah, yet the gospels also describe John the Baptist's birth.

Also, are you aware that reincarnation has been a common part of Jewish beliefs for a long time? Jesus was Jewish, so it wouldn't be surprising if he held this belief in reincarnation too.
Consequently, many Jews are surprised to learn, or may even wish to deny, that reincarnation - the "revolving" of souls through a succession of lives, or "gilgulim" - is an integral part of Jewish belief. But this teaching has always been around. And it is firmly rooted in source-verses.
Judaism and Reincarnation

Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
@Mskriskris , here is a little more detail on the history of the Jewish belief in reincarnation. Scholars are not certain when the belief originated. Maybe the belief existed during the time of Jesus or maybe it came during the middle ages.
There is no definite proof of the existence of the doctrine of gilgul in Judaism during the Second Temple period. In the Talmud there is no reference to it (although, by means of allegoric interpretations, later authorities found allusions to and hints of transmigration in the statements of talmudic rabbis). A few scholars interpret the statements of Josephus in Antiquities 18:1, 3, and in Jewish Wars 2:8, 14 on the holy bodies which the righteous merit, according to the belief of the Pharisees, as indicating the doctrine of metempsychosis and not the resurrection of the dead, as most scholars believe. In the post-talmudic period *Anan b. David, the founder of Karaism, upheld this doctrine, and in some of his statements there is an echo and a continuation of the ancient sectarian traditions. The doctrine of transmigration was prevalent from the second century onward among some Gnostic sects and especially among Manicheans and was maintained in several circles in the Christian Church (perhaps even by Origen). It is not impossible that this doctrine became current in some Jewish circles, who could have received it from Indian philosophies through Manicheism, or from Platonic and neoplatonic as well as from Orphic teachings.
Gilgul

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@Mskriskris , here is a little more detail on the history of the Jewish belief in reincarnation. Scholars are not certain when the belief originated. Maybe the belief existed during the time of Jesus or maybe it came during the middle ages.

Gilgul

So why didn't Jesus himself talk about reincarnation?

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So why didn't Jesus himself talk about reincarnation?
What do you make of Elijah and the prophecy that Elijah must return before the Messiah? The gospels suggest that John the Baptist was the returned Elijah, yet the gospels also describe John the Baptist's birth.

Also, are you aware that reincarnation has been a common part of Jewish beliefs for a long time? Jesus was Jewish, so it wouldn't be surprising if he held this belief in reincarnation too.

Judaism and Reincarnation

I would have to look into it, I've heard of it, but I know the Talmud is a book comprised of mysticism for the Jews. Talmud for Jews doesn't hold as much weight as the Torah. I would have to look at the time it was made because there was a gap between the prophecy of Jesus and Jesus' birth, where adoption of magic was rampant since God was basically silent for 400 years. People make the case about Elijah reincarnated, but that is not how reincarnation works.To reincarnated you have to die first, and Elijah never died. Elijah spirit came unto John. But John was not Elijah reincarnated.

Was John the Baptist really Elijah reincarnated?

I've watch alot of youtube vids where people who use to practice satanism or new age (basically called dark and light workers) where they had spiritual guides or became mediums and witches and stuff, and how these "angels" or "guides" would talk to them as if they were people. Or that they would have these recession sessions with a medium and have guided meditations with vivid visions of "past lives". Once they found God, and they start to ask these entities questions, these guides reveal themselves as demons and tormented them. Even in horror movies, where they depicting demons that are in objects, and they torment, cyeahhhhh they are some truth to that, lol. It appears harmless, but if you can't discern, you wouldn't know unless it manifest or reveals itself.

Devil is very deceptive and smart, and knows your life, your family, your weak spots, etc. If it takes a reincarnation dream to get you there, it will be fashioned to have you believe that its good and real. If it takes showing itself as an angel, it will fashion itself, and if it take showing itself as a powerful dark entity it will show itself as such. If it takes a medium to make you think that you are talking to a love one, it will do as such.

We were meant to die once, then judgment. (Hebrews 9:27-28)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am always amazed at the great tendency of past lives to cluster around famous people. The past life is always Cleopatra or Cleopatra's handmaiden. Never lesser known figures like Caecilia Metella or seldom unknown muckgatherer F.
Clearly there must be some psychic connection between English speaking peoples, and famous people and their servants. That and Atlantis of course.

I haven't ever noticed that. most info about past lives I found was always regular, everyday folk discovering they were once....regular, everyday folk.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I would have to look into it, I've heard of it, but I know the Talmud is a book comprised of mysticism for the Jews. Talmud for Jews doesn't hold as much weight as the Torah. I would have to look at the time it was made because there was a gap between the prophecy of Jesus and Jesus' birth, where adoption of magic was rampant since God was basically silent for 400 years. People make the case about Elijah reincarnated, but that is not how reincarnation works.To reincarnated you have to die first, and Elijah never died. Elijah spirit came unto John. But John was not Elijah reincarnated.

Was John the Baptist really Elijah reincarnated?

I've watch alot of youtube vids where people who use to practice satanism or new age (basically called dark and light workers) where they had spiritual guides or became mediums and witches and stuff, and how these "angels" or "guides" would talk to them as if they were people. Or that they would have these recession sessions with a medium and have guided meditations with vivid visions of "past lives". Once they found God, and they start to ask these entities questions, these guides reveal themselves as demons and tormented them. Even in horror movies, where they depicting demons that are in objects, and they torment, cyeahhhhh they are some truth to that, lol. It appears harmless, but if you can't discern, you wouldn't know unless it manifest or reveals itself.

Devil is very deceptive and smart, and knows your life, your family, your weak spots, etc. If it takes a reincarnation dream to get you there, it will be fashioned to have you believe that its good and real. If it takes showing itself as an angel, it will fashion itself, and if it take showing itself as a powerful dark entity it will show itself as such. If it takes a medium to make you think that you are talking to a love one, it will do as such.

We were meant to die once, then judgment. (Hebrews 9:27-28)
That is very true from a Christian perspective. I used to believe similarly. The problem is that these worries about demonic influence can be unhealthy. Many Christians (myself included) are fearful of hypnotism, yoga, meditation, etc. Even though I have been nominally atheist most of my adult life, I steered clear of things that might have been good for me, because the worries were deeply ingrained from my Christian upbringing. I think I missed-out on a lot of things in life. FWIW

BTW, I like the gotquestions.org website that you linked. They seem to be a good source for a typical Christian perspective on questions. Even though I don't always agree with them, they seem to be good at what they do. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That is very true from a Christian perspective. I used to believe similarly. The problem is that these worries about demonic influence can be unhealthy. Many Christians (myself included) are fearful of hypnotism, yoga, meditation, etc. Even though I have been nominally atheist most of my adult life, I steered clear of things that might have been good for me, because the worries were deeply ingrained from my Christian upbringing. I think I missed-out on a lot of things in life. FWIW

BTW, I like the gotquestions.org website that you linked. They seem to be a good source for a typical Christian perspective on questions. Even though I don't always agree with them, they seem to be good at what they do. :)

Yeah I've always liked gotquestions.org. Sometimes when I'm studying the Word and I don't know and need a little commentary, or even if the question feels random to me, it served so far to be a pretty solid resource. :)

And yeah, I can understand how quickly it could go from simple curiosity and concern to being a controversy theorist about anything. And I do get that sense that maybe I'm overreacting, or I'm overly sheltering myself. It's just hard to deny that as real as the physical world is, the spiritual world is just as real, and that things do happen spiritually when we do things in the physical. For me to turn a blind eye for the sake of not missing out, eh, feels dangerous to me, lol.

I think that's why it's important to know how to discern (in my case how the Word addresses things). Being able to discern is not only to abstain, but it also gives the knowledge to know how to okay things.Discerning is not something that just jumps to conclusions or makes legalism out of the decision, its patient, it studies all sides, and it gives breathing room to grow through experience. It's a beautiful balance of applying the Word and growing in grace.

For example, I had a post about paganism/and symbolism, had a poll and open it to the discussion. While some were for totally avoiding it, and some were just like eh whatever, God blesses everything, and some were in between, no one questioned that I had put up the question in the first place. I wasn't judged for taking a step back on things we don't really mention on a regular basis. Having the Word doesn't teach us to condemn or to easily accept, but it teaches us to test the spirits out. To do things with purpose and understanding. To know whatever is engaging it is actually worth the time, that it affects us physically and spiritually in ways we may not easily understand or see. It's not a popular thing to do these days, to step back and question, because everything is all YOLO, and sometimes people tell you to do stuff for the sake of it without question because who wants to be the party pooper in life, lol, but at the end of the day, I would never trade my peace of mind, for a moment of pleasure. I've learn too many times, that it's just not worth it.

But it's up to each person, it just helps to have an understanding of things we do, so that we can make a better judgment call and know the potential benefits and risks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
nah, its either just a dream, or he's channeling demonic spirits. Unintentionally, but yeah we don't have past lives, and our lives are not for recycling. That's a New Age philosophy.
Well yeah. You're in the board for that.

Welcome, friend. :wave:

Upvote 0