Share your fears

E

explodingboy

What are some of your biggest fears in life? How will you face them and move beyond them?

This might sound silly, but Lesbians scare the begesus out of me. A few weeks back in was pride in town, and I've never felt so intimidated in my life, just packs of 10-15 young lasses roaming the city centre looking like extras from a Mad Max movie.

My second biggest fear is just Shopping areas at night. I can hike around forests in the middle of night without a care in the world, but simply crossing town after dark.. no-way.

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
That I'll never get a job and won't be able to pay off my student loans and never get to really do anything else. That I will be dependent my whole life. :(

The ocean.

Dogs that are barking or growling at me.

Upvote 0

Squeakers

Cat and music lover.
Dec 21, 2007
Way in the back, off to the left.
✟70,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
~ I used to be TERRIFIED of heights, but over the years I've gotten a lot better. :)
~ I absolutely hate it when someone chases me. I dunno if it's exactly a fear, but it certainly gets my heart pumping.
~ The ocean...dunno why, but whenever I look out at the ocean, I get serious shivers up and down my spine.
~ Drowning. I almost drown in my grandfather's pool when I was younger, so yeah....

That's all I can think of for now....

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
~I absolutely hate it when someone chases me. I dunno if it's exactly a fear, but it certainly gets my heart pumping.

Good Lord, will you let it go?

I was in the park that night and wanted somene to talk to and you came strolling by, its not like its a regular thing.... geeez. :p^_^

Upvote 0

Squeakers

Cat and music lover.
Dec 21, 2007
✟70,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Good Lord, will you let it go?

I was in the park that night and wanted somene to talk to and you came strolling by, its not like its a regular thing.... geeez. :p^_^

:ahah:

Seriously, though...that fear stems from when I was little...I was sometimes chased by a bully, who was the nastiest son-of-a-gun...almost had my face pulverized by him...rawr.... -_-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Next time you want to play tag, leave the ski mask and knife at home lol.

Ahhhhhh, THAT was the problem? Darn, so maybe it wasn't personal then? Whew, I thought maybe I smelled. ^_^
:ahah:

Seriously, though...that fear stems from when I was little...I was sometimes chased by a bully, who was the nastiest son-of-a-gun...almost had my face pulverized by him...rawr.... -_-

I had a bully try that when I was around 8, (he was 16 I think and much bigger than I) turned out he thought it would be funny to see the little kid run away when charged.

Turned out his humor was ruined when the kid stood his ground with a rock to the skull. (He lived but gained a valuable lesson along with plenty of stitches. The lesson being there are two natural responses when threatened, fight or flight, not all will run.)^_^

Upvote 0

Squeakers

Cat and music lover.
Dec 21, 2007
✟70,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I had a bully try that when I was around 8, (he was 16 I think and much bigger than I) turned out he thought it would be funny to see the little kid run away when charged.

Turned out his humor was ruined when the kid stood his ground with a rock to the skull. (He lived but gained a valuable lesson along with plenty of stitches. The lesson being there are two natural responses when threatened, fight or flight, not all will run.)^_^

Yeah...the bully who tormented me thought it was great fun to try and scare the crap out of a little girl who was weaker than him. But one day she turned around and tried to claw back...it backfired and he had this girl in a tight headlock, but thankfully the girl had a tough guy friend who came and saved her from a nasty beating. The bully never tried to beat her again because the girl had many tougher guy friends who threatened to whip his butt next time he messed with her. ^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
No one likes Houston, we are all just proud to be from here, but we all want out. ^_^

No truer words can be spoken about Houston.

I did get out, for college, and the thought of having to go back and then never getting out scares me.

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I had to climb the ladder at work and change prices, I discovered a fear that way: I wasn't afried of losing my grip on the ricketed old ladder(seriously it was like 20 years old when I started using it) it wasn't even the fall (you know those signs that hang over the end of aisles in the grocery store saying what the sale price is on the item, the one's 12 feet up in the air)....

No sir, my fear was of the sudden stop at the bottom, where you would break your fall with your neck or if you were lucky, an arm that needed to be in a sling for a month or two....

my other fear; mice. I don't mind snakes, bugs, other creepy crawlers, I just have a fear of mice or any rodents.. when I was very young I learned what the black plague was(I was maybe 6 or 7 and had found a book on it at the libarary, even then I was going away from the children's section, this book was in a section where they kept all the stuff on knights and chivalry and King Arthur - a section I loved to visit) ever since then I can't help but fear mice.

Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No truer words can be spoken about Houston.

I did get out, for college, and the thought of having to go back and then never getting out scares me.

That danger is very real, I remember when I was your age I thought NO WAY WILL I DIE HERE!!!

Here I am 13 years later sayin..... meh.... I'm never getting out I may as well get comfortable.

I love it cause its my home no matter where I would move to but..... ugh.... Houston, the closest one can get to hell without actually going there and still call it home.^_^

Upvote 0