Shannon Doherty, battling cancer, isn't afraid of death because she is a "good person".

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Tropical Wilds The only thing your "answer" has exposed is that you either have no clue or you just don't care what would happen.
I mean, I can lead a horse to a post on a forum, but I can’t make him read it.
@Tropical Wilds This person who has stated they do not put their faith in Jesus Christ is defending your position, which is usually a pretty good indicator which side of the argument you are on, ESPECIALLY concerning the sharing of the Gospel. With that being said, I think it would wonderful if you would share with Mr. or Mrs.
That’s a really elitist opinion… You think as a non-Christian, that person isn’t capable of being right about topics related to theology, ethics, morality, or basic social conduct? Because I don’t.

Maybe that person doesn’t hold my faith, but that doesn’t automatically make them an idiot or me better than them. There are plenty of people who aren’t Christian who know the Bible and faith better than those in the faith. Actually, that comes up in the Bible.

It is decidedly unbiblical to say you are right and your position is right because the person disagreeing with you is not Christian and, thus, not as good as you are. I get that, for you, it would be earth shattering and force you to answer uncomfortable questions about your faith to consider that the non-Christian is right and you are wrong, but that’s the position you put yourself in when you behave like you have been.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟109,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That’s a really elitist opinion… You think as a non-Christian, that person isn’t capable of being right about topics related to theology, ethics, morality, or basic social conduct? Because I don’t.

Maybe that person doesn’t hold my faith, but that doesn’t automatically make them an idiot or me better than them. There are plenty of people who aren’t Christian who know the Bible and faith better than those in the faith. Actually, that comes up in the Bible.

It is decidedly unbiblical to say you are right and your position is right because the person disagreeing with you is not Christian and, thus, not as good as you are. I get that, for you, it would be earth shattering and force you to answer uncomfortable questions about your faith to consider that the non-Christian is right and you are wrong, but that’s the position you put yourself in when you behave like you have been.
Wrong. I am a firm believer in God's common grace, which is why I used the word USUALLY. However, when it comes to salvation, yes, they are always wrong, otherwise, they would be saved...makes sense right? If you don't believe me, ask this guy, or girl, what their opinion of Jesus and salvation is, then come back and tell me you think they are correct. Also, don't forget to share why Jesus is important.

I'll be here playing Sea of Thieves and waiting.

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Tropical Wilds The only thing your "answer" has exposed is that you either have no clue or you just don't care what would happen.

@MForbes That's an awfully smug reaction for someone who readily admits they have no clue about anything. The very LAST thing you should be doing is laughing. However, I'm actually glad you're here, and I believe you're here for a good reason.

@Tropical Wilds This person who has stated they do not put their faith in Jesus Christ is defending your position, which is usually a pretty good indicator which side of the argument you are on, ESPECIALLY concerning the sharing of the Gospel. With that being said, I think it would be wonderful if you would share with Mr. or Mrs. @MForbes why we, as Christians, believe he, or she, needs Jesus Christ.

I'll be here waiting to jump in.
Typical. Buddy, you have no idea who I am, what I believe, or the road I’ve traveled. I’m definitely not new to Christian beliefs. I was raised a “fundagelical”, but have migrated away from those beliefs.

Now get on a plane and go talk to Shannon and see if she’s saved. Otherwise you should really shut up and mind your own business.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Hmm. That could explain a lot of the posts here. As a group of humans, we're pretty terrible at this, but as a potential group of trained horses who can post but can't read, this place isn't doing half bad!

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟109,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Typical. Buddy, you have no idea who I am, what I believe, or the road I’ve traveled. I’m definitely not new to Christian beliefs. I was raised a “fundagelical”, but have migrated away from those beliefs.

Now get on a plane and go talk to Shannon and see if she’s saved. Otherwise you should really shut up and mind your own business.
Wow! It's funny you should say that @MForbes because it wasn't that many posts ago several people made the case, because she was raised in a Southern Baptist home, that Shannon Doherty no longer needs to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I don't think we really argued that point, but there's no reason to now because HERE YOU ARE! Amazing!

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wrong. I am a firm believer in God's common grace, which is why I used the word USUALLY. However, when it comes to salvation, yes, they are always wrong, otherwise, they would be saved...makes sense right? If you don't believe me, ask this guy, or girl, what their opinion of Jesus and salvation is, then come back and tell me you think they are correct. Also, don't forget to share why Jesus is important.
No, it makes no sense, actually. Understanding and comprehending is different than believing. I understand how a lot of different faiths work, but I don’t follow them because I don’t believe or have faith in them. Are you saying you don’t know how other faiths work because, if you did, you’d follow them?

And, again, I don’t feel this need to quiz people to drill out of them their beliefs that you do. I certainly don’t feel the need to do that because you told me to, then come back and report to you so you can make a determination as to their right or wrongness. You aren’t God, you have no business ordering me to interrogate people in their faith and report back to you what I found. That’s weird.

I'll be here playing Sea of Thieves and waiting.

Waiting for what? You realize we aren’t answerable to you or your bad taste in video games, right?

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow! It's funny you should say that @MForbes because it wasn't that many posts ago several people made the case, because she was raised in a Southern Baptist home, that Shannon Doherty no longer needs to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I don't think we really argued that point, but there's no reason to now because HERE YOU ARE! Amazing!

Nobody said that.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟109,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmm. That could explain a lot of the posts here. As a group of humans, we're pretty terrible at this, but as a potential group of trained horses who can post but can't read, this place isn't doing half bad!
Just wanted to high-jack your post to point out that....I am the OP ^_^

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟109,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, it makes no sense, actually. Understanding and comprehending is different than believing. I understand how a lot of different faiths work, but I don’t follow them because I don’t believe or have faith in them. Are you saying you don’t know how other faiths work because, if you did, you’d follow them?

And, again, I don’t feel this need to quiz people to drill out of them their beliefs that you do. I certainly don’t feel the need to do that because you told me to, then come back and report to you so you can make a determination as to their right or wrongness. You aren’t God, you have no business ordering me to interrogate people in their faith and report back to you what I found. That’s weird.

Waiting for what? You realize we aren’t answerable to you or your bad taste in video games, right?
The point being made was not about understanding another religion. The point was that Christianity leaves no room for any other savior besides Jesus Christ. Therefore, if you believe there is no other savior, save Jesus Christ, then you must believe all non-Christians are wrong.

Nobody said that.

Really now? Let me direct your attention to post #49
I doubt Shannen Doherty "needs" to hear the Gospel. It's not quite as if she hasn't already heard it many times over. :dontcare:

To which, you responded in the very next post.
Seeing as she’s Southern Baptist, she likely has heard it many, many, many times over. And then many more times after that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dmoban

Mar 21, 2022
Texas
✟18,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
I do not respond on Christian forums very often but I just want to add a couple thoughts. It is correct that we do not know Shannon's walk in life with the Lord. She might very well be saved and we do not know positively that she even made that comment. However, if she did make that comment, it would certainly lead one to suspect that she might possibly think that being a good person could get her into heaven. It is not for us to judge, it is for God to judge. However, God's word tells us exactly that. It tells us that Works do not get us into heaven. It is our faith and trust in Jesus and our walk with him. I can see how someone would voice concern if anyone makes that statement about being a good person, that they might not truly understand. Additionally, I want to point out that, as Christians, the Bible tells us to be blameless and the Bible tells us to do unto others as we would have others do unto us. That being said, there are some comments on here that tell the person originating the post not to judge others but at the same time, they appear pretty judgmental of the poster. Just something to think about. I would hope that somebody who is not saved or not Christian who might see a post and wind up on here or just be curious, I would hope that person would not see us being argumentative and bashing each other.

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 5:22-30; the Lord concludes He will save those who did good. There are many He knows and we do not.
Your claim is false, man's good works are filthy rags before his glory, you suggest works based salvation

Jesus will save those who have repented of their sin, and trusted in the shed blood on the cross of Calvary, Jesus Is The only way to the eternal kingdom

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Your claim is false, man's good works are filthy rags before his glory, you suggest works based salvation

Jesus will save those who have repented of their sin, and trusted in the shed blood on the cross of Calvary, Jesus Is The only way to the eternal kingdom
You can add to His words & rationalize whatever you want. I have no idea of her fate if she does not repent nor do I know who the Lord will judge in particular.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes, that is your theology.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that is your theology.
Yes that is God's written words, all religion that doesn't lead to salvation through (Jesus Christ) is doomed

John 14:6KJV
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12KJV
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

1 Timothy 2:5KJV
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Last edited:
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums