Shannon Doherty, battling cancer, isn't afraid of death because she is a "good person".

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟109,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The point remains that at no point during this thread have you entertained the idea that you could just as well be the wrong one.
Well, that ain't gonna happen. If it actually did, I'd be wrong in that assessment. But I can honestly say in this case............

........I'm right that it won't happen. :D

But I will admit I'm wrong if it does happen.
See post #15 where I specifically stated "Not sure...and maybe I'm wrong about her, but you have to admit, saying she knows where she's going because she's a good person, rather than because Jesus is her savior, raises huge red flags". So, you're both wrong.

Also...Tropical Wilds, you never answered my question; only repeated the same argument you've made for the last 3 pages.

If I'm wrong, then Shannon is truly saved and has nothing to worry about upon passing away. She goes on to spend eternity with God in unimaginable joy.

If you would be so kind....What would happen to her if you are the one that's wrong?

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟109,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you can't even entertain the idea that you can personally be wrong, then I don't see what business you have saying anything about anyone's walk, or their salvation -- or, for that matter, expecting anyone to listen to you about either of those things, or anything else.
See post #15.

Edit: Or the one right above this one.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
See post #15.

Edit: Or the one right above this one.

Sorry, that was to the MForbes person, not you, OP. I didn't realize that more messages had been posted when I was writing that reply, so I didn't think I needed to specify that, since his post was directly above my reply box at the time.

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, that was to the MForbes person, not you, OP. I didn't realize that more messages had been posted when I was writing that reply, so I didn't think I needed to specify that, since his post was directly above my reply box at the time.
You do realize that post was pretty much tailored to Jermayn's diatribe, don't you?

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
You do realize that post was pretty much tailored to Jermayn's diatribe, don't you?

Nope. Didn't realize that you were going for parody, as I didn't reread the OP since initially responding to it. Sorry. I've been Poe'd. :(

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you would be so kind....What would happen to her if you are the one that's wrong?
I've already stated that I believe everyone's theologically wrong (including what I may or may not believe without proof), so there's no point.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟109,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've already stated that I believe everyone's theologically wrong (including what I may or may not believe without proof), so there's no point.
Although I appreciate your honesty, I'm a little confused. All Christians struggle with doubt in their walk with Christ at some point. You seem to have completely given up hope.

Upvote 0

MForbes

Rejoining Member
Oct 12, 2023
Georgia
✟28,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All Christians struggle with doubt in their walk with Christ at some point. You seem to have completely given up hope.
I don’t struggle with doubt; however I do have definite doubts when it comes to what most Christians believe. My doubts in no way disturb my life. As far as hope….I definitely have hope, but that hope is in no way tied to theology.

Upvote 0

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟109,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don’t struggle with doubt; however I do have definite doubts when it comes to what most Christians believe. My doubts in no way disturb my life. As far as hope….I definitely have hope, but that hope is in no way tied to theology.
Hopefully, it's tied to Christ alone then.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Please pray for this woman and everyone like here who believes "good people" go to Heaven. It would seem she is on the cusp of eternity without Christ and very close to finding out that Hell is packed full of "good" people. So sad to see so many believe they can work their way into Heaven.

Prayers for Shannon.

Reactions: Jermayn
Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
See post #15 where I specifically stated "Not sure...and maybe I'm wrong about her, but you have to admit, saying she knows where she's going because she's a good person, rather than because Jesus is her savior, raises huge red flags". So, you're both wrong.

Also...Tropical Wilds, you never answered my question; only repeated the same argument you've made for the last 3 pages.

If I'm wrong, then Shannon is truly saved and has nothing to worry about upon passing away. She goes on to spend eternity with God in unimaginable joy.

Again, saying in passing that “maybe” you’re wrong about her specifically one time 4 pages ago then going on to rail on her and anybody who says to leave her be does not mean that you are seriously considering that you are wrong about her or your theology.
I did answer your question. I’m not sure why you’re upset that the answer is consistent with what I’ve been saying since the discussion started.

I’ll just re-quote what I said already:

“Her salvation is something I want for her, but it isn’t my responsibility. She is responsible for her own faith and salvation, not me. She is a stranger, I’m not a religious authority, I’m not on her spiritual team. I have no business speculating on her destination after she dies. Me announcing she’s going to hell based off a comment made to somebody else and then interrogating her on her faith until she answers to my satisfaction is wildly inappropriate and completely against what we are called to do in such situations.”

Though I will say, I find it very interesting that you think the only consequence you’d have to face for being wrong is that she’d go to heaven anyway, not that you’d have to answer to God for judging somebody’s faith, salvation, being prideful, and theologically wrong.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟195,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's not going to end well for you. I understand why you're in the dark about everything now.
That is not witnessing that will convert anybody, or get them closer to Christ or Gods message for man.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jermayn

May 22, 2019
Northwest Florida
✟109,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Again, saying in passing that “maybe” you’re wrong about her specifically one time 4 pages ago then going on to rail on her and anybody who says to leave her be does not mean that you are seriously considering that you are wrong about her or your theology.

I did answer your question. I’m not sure why you’re upset that the answer is consistent with what I’ve been saying since the discussion started.

I’ll just re-quote what I said already:

“Her salvation is something I want for her, but it isn’t my responsibility. She is responsible for her own faith and salvation, not me. She is a stranger, I’m not a religious authority, I’m not on her spiritual team. I have no business speculating on her destination after she dies. Me announcing she’s going to hell based off a comment made to somebody else and then interrogating her on her faith until she answers to my satisfaction is wildly inappropriate and completely against what we are called to do in such situations.”

Though I will say, I find it very interesting that you think the only consequence you’d have to face for being wrong is that she’d go to heaven anyway, not that you’d have to answer to God for judging somebody’s faith, salvation, being prideful, and theologically wrong.
That is not witnessing that will convert anybody, or get them closer to Christ or Gods message for man.
He tries, bless his heart.
LOL. Whatever you want to believe, man.
@Tropical Wilds The only thing your "answer" has exposed is that you either have no clue or you just don't care what would happen.

@MForbes That's an awfully smug reaction for someone who readily admits they have no clue about anything. The very LAST thing you should be doing is laughing. However, I'm actually glad you're here, and I believe you're here for a good reason.

@Tropical Wilds This person who has stated they do not put their faith in Jesus Christ is defending your position, which is usually a pretty good indicator which side of the argument you are on, ESPECIALLY concerning the sharing of the Gospel. With that being said, I think it would be wonderful if you would share with Mr. or Mrs. @MForbes why we, as Christians, believe he, or she, needs Jesus Christ.

I'll be here waiting to jump in.

Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0