JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's LAW (10 commadments) are not laws in ordinaces and are not the law of MOSES they are the law of God which is written and spoken by God alone

So how are we to observe the Sabbath today under the New Covenant?

Does that mean we can not cook, or travel, or do laundry on the Sabbath.

How is Sabbath observance different under the New Covenant ?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Why?

You keep referring to them as God’s law.

Why do you no longer follow laws in the law of Moses?

JLB

Unfortunately you don’t provide any scriptures from the New Testament where Jesus or His Apostles commanded the Church to observe the Sabbath as the law of Moses required.

Do you offer unblemished lambs as a sacrifice each Sabbath?

And on the Sabbath day two lambs in their first year, without blemish, and two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour as a grain offering, mixed with oil, with its drink offering— this is the burnt offering for every Sabbath, besides the regular burnt offering with its drink offering. Numbers 28:9-10

Do you cook on the Sabbath?

Do you travel on the Sabbath?

Do you believe it’s a sin to go to Church on Sunday?

Maybe if you would answer my questions instead of ignore them, it might make for a meaningful discussion.

JLB

No disrespect dear friend, but I have answered all your questions to date and as posted earlier and many times to you now, I will no longer continue answering any more of your questions as I see your not interested in the answers provided from the scriptures or in answering any questions asked of you to help the conversation or do you wish to discuss the OP here. I will happily continue to answer yours if you answer mine for which I am still waiting answers from you for which many have accumulated since we have started talking.

Where does it say in God's Word (scripture alone please)

1. That God's 4th commandments 7th day Sabbath has been abolished?

2. That Jesus is a Sabbath?

3. The Sabbath (seventh day) was ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?

4. Where we are told to keep the first day of the week holy?

5. Where the first day of the week (Sunday) is ever called a holy day?

6. That says that Jesus ever kept the first day (Sunday)?

7. That tells us to keep the first day in honour of the resurrection of Christ?

8. Where the first day is ever given any sacred name?

9. That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?

10. From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?

11. Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?

12. That says the seventh day is no longer God's Sabbath day?

13. That says the seventh day Sabbath is ABOLISHED?

14. Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?

15. Where the first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day?

16. Where the first day of the week is ever called the Lord's Day?

17. That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?

18. That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?

19. That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

Look forward to your reply so we can continue our discussion :)

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No disrespect dear friend, but I have answered all your questions to date and as posted earlier and many times to you now, I will no longer continue answering any more of your questions as I see your not interested in the answers provided from the scriptures or in answering any questions asked of you to help the conversation or do you wish to discuss the OP here. I will happily continue to answer yours if you answer mine for which I am still waiting answers from you for which many have accumulated since we have started talking.

3. The Sabbath (seventh day) was ever changed from the seventh to the first day of the week?

9. That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?

10. From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?

14. Where the apostles ever taught any convert to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?

17. That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?

18. That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?

19. That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?

Hello LGW, I thought the law was introduced later, Galatians 3:17 you mentioned in one of your previous post that before the law it was the spoken Word, we'll maybe the spoken Word is different from the written Word because we don't have scriptures to specifically mention that the law was spoken to Adam or Abel or Enoch or Noah etc in the writing in Genesis. You might say that Abraham was keeping the law but you don't know that the law is not base on Faith...

Reactions: JLB777
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

You have most certainly not answered the simple honest questions about how we observe the Sabbath.

You have purposely avoided answering, because you honesty don’t know.

Why do you continue to say you have answered my basic questions about how we go about keeping the Sabbath today, when everyone in this thread can plainly see you have not.

You just post the same ole copy and paste of your questions that do not address my question.

As you can see, I am not indicating that the God’s Commandments are abolished, but I’m asking you questions as to how we as Christians are to go about observing the Sabbath today, under the New Covenant.

Please use scripture.

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You have most certainly not answered the simple honest questions about how we observe the Sabbath.

You have purposely avoided answering, because you honesty don’t know.

Why do you continue to say you have answered my basic questions about how we go about keeping the Sabbath today, when everyone in this thread can plainly see you have not.

You just post the same ole copy and paste of your questions that do not address my question.

As you can see, I am not indicating that the God’s Commandments are abolished, but I’m asking you questions as to how we as Christians are to go about observing the Sabbath today, under the New Covenant.

Please use scripture.

JLB

Sorry dear friend. Wrong answer. Please read post # 783.

Thankyou

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello LGW, I thought the law was introduced later, Galatians 3:17 you mentioned in one of your previous post that before the law it was the spoken Word, we'll maybe the spoken Word is different from the written Word because we don't have scriptures to specifically mention that the law was spoken to Adam or Abel or Enoch or Noah etc in the writing in Genesis. You might say that Abraham was keeping the law but you don't know that the law is not base on Faith...

Genesis 26:5. No one said the law is based on faith.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,826.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"We no longer follow laws in ordinances from the Mosaic book of the law." LGW

Well now that certainly does cause a conundrum now doesn't it? Did not the Ark of the Covenant disappear and has never been found? All Israel had was the written scrolls from the book of the law. The book of the law had to have contained the ten commandments or they would have been lost since since the Ark contained the stones the ten were written.

Then along comes Paul, the ambassador of Jesus, and he wrote some letters to the Corinthians and in one letter 2Cor3 he informed the Corinthians that the ten commandments of the old covenant were not the guide of Israel anymore. Paul, in that letter, wrote that we are now under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, you know the gift Jesus said would happen and was poured out at Pentecost Acts 2. By the way Jews are part of "we" in the previous sentence. So yes, LGW, in writing his posts, is causing a huge conundrum, and that conundrum goes back to the one LGW takes his cue from, Ellen G White. Ellen was severely injured when someone hit her in the head with a stone. The stone caused definite damage to her face and brain. She started seeing visions and even visions on demand. Over the years she had visions that contradicted previous visions. LGW trusts the written words that Ellen wrote in those "I saw" or "my angel said" even when they supercede what scripture is so plainly telling us. If we are not on the same page as LGW it is because he/she is presenting the superceded explanation from the writings of the prophet.

Since Israelites are not under the guidance of the ten commandments and because the Sabbath command, being part of the ten commandment guidance, is superseded by the guidance of the Holy Spirit, that makes it very clear that Israel is not under the Sabbath command. If, as LGW claims, we are grafted into Israel and as Paul wrote Israel is not under the ten commandments anymore then LGW has a big surprise coming.

Since we are under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit, in my case, has never prompted me to observe special days I have to assume that the Holy Spirit isn't guiding a multitude of people in the direction of Sabbath observance either. The churches that promote Sabbath keeping spend countless dollars on rallys trying to convince people like you and me to become Sabbath keepers only to actually convince only
a handful to join their ranks. Any thinking person would have to know that the Holy Spirit is not concerned with us becoming Sabbath keepers or Sabbath observing churches would be bursting at the seams. We make that decision with the persuasion of the ministry that is there trying to convince us that if we don't accept the Sabbath, now that we are told it exists, we will be eternally lost as per Ellen White.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 26:5. No one said the law is based on faith.
So you know that the law is Not based on Faith...as
Paul states in Galatians 3:12...the law is "Not" based on Faith....
So how can anyone be justified by following such law? Romans 5:1....we have been justified through Faith...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So you know that the law is Not based on Faith...as
Paul states in Galatians 3:12...the law is "Not" based on Faith....
So how can anyone be justified by following such law? Romans 5:1....we have been justified through Faith...
Indeed, no one ever said the law is of faith or has anyone said anywhere or believes we are justified by the law. If no one has ever said or believes such things why pretend that they have?

To have faith means to believe and follow. If you believe God's Word but do not follow God's Word, this is not God's faith but the faith of devils *JAMES 2:18-20; 26; Read HEBREWS 11.

We are only saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD by faith that works by LOVE *1 JOHN 5:3; MATTHEW 22:36-40; JAMES 2:8-12; ROMANS 13:8-10; HEBREWS 8:10. Salvation is from sin (breaking any one of God’s 10 Commandments) not to continue in sin *ROMANS 6:1-23; JOHN 8:31-36.

Those who continue in known unrepentant sin do not know God and need to be Born again into the NEW COVENANT promise to love *HEBREWS 8:10-12; ROMANS 13:8-10; 1 JOHN 3:6-9. This is God's work in us and a part of the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12; PHILIPPIANS 2:13.

If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. Faith does not abolish God's LAW according to Paul it establishes God's LAW in those who have faith (believe and follow God's Word) *ROMANS 3:31 that the righteousness of God's law might be fulfilled in us who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit *ROMANS 8:1-4. If you walk after the flesh you will die *ROMANS 8:13. God only gives His Spirit to those who obey him *ACTS OF THE APOSTLES 2:38; ACTS OF THE APOSTLES 5:32 and if we walk in God's Spirit we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh but walk in newness of life *GALATIANS 5:16; ROMANS 6:1-23.

Hope this is helpful

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, no one ever said the law is of faith or has anyone said anywhere or believes we are justified by the law. If no one has ever said or believes such things why pretend that they have?

To have faith means to believe and follow. If you believe God's Word but do not follow God's Word, this is not God's faith but the faith of devils *JAMES 2:18-20; 26; Read HEBREWS 11.

We are only saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD by faith that works by LOVE *1 JOHN 5:3; MATTHEW 22:36-40; JAMES 2:8-12; ROMANS 13:8-10; HEBREWS 8:10. Salvation is from sin (breaking any one of God’s 10 Commandments) not to continue in sin *ROMANS 6:1-23; JOHN 8:31-36.

Those who continue in known unrepentant sin do not know God and need to be Born again into the NEW COVENANT promise to love *HEBREWS 8:10-12; ROMANS 13:8-10; 1 JOHN 3:6-9. This is God's work in us and a part of the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12; PHILIPPIANS 2:13.

If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50. Faith does not abolish God's LAW according to Paul it establishes God's LAW in those who have faith (believe and follow God's Word) *ROMANS 3:31 that the righteousness of God's law might be fulfilled in us who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit *ROMANS 8:1-4. If you walk after the flesh you will die *ROMANS 8:13. God only gives His Spirit to those who obey him *ACTS OF THE APOSTLES 2:38; ACTS OF THE APOSTLES 5:32 and if we walk in God's Spirit we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh but walk in newness of life *GALATIANS 5:16; ROMANS 6:1-23.

Hope this is helpful
Why I state that to you because some has mix the "law" (sinai) and "faith".. (since the beginning )
Both the law and faith were two ways in fulfilling the righteous requirements of the law of God in our mind...every man has a mind and all created by God...Romans 7:23-25...
Consider Romans 2:14,15..where the Gentiles who do not have the law and yet do by nature things required by the law...this is talking about the law given after in Sinai by Moses to Israel who came out of Egypt, but gentiles do righteous act by "nature" (without the law (sinai))

Abraham had faith...not the law...so what you quote in Genesis 26:5 is about the law that requires faith...

Romans 2:15...their (gentiles ) conscience also bearing witness and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and other times even defending them.
Our thoughts from our mind acts as a law which accusing us or defending us according with our good or bad actions...

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why I state that to you because some has mix the "law" (sinai) and "faith".. (since the beginning )
Both the law and faith were two ways in fulfilling the righteous requirements of the law of God in our mind...every man has a mind and all created by God...Romans 7:23-25...
Consider Romans 2:14,15..where the Gentiles who do not have the law and yet do by nature things required by the law...this is talking about the law given after in Sinai by Moses to Israel who came out of Egypt, but gentiles do righteous act by "nature" (without the law (sinai))

Abraham had faith...not the law...so what you quote in Genesis 26:5 is about the law that requires faith...

Romans 2:15...their (gentiles ) conscience also bearing witness and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and other times even defending them.
Our thoughts from our mind acts as a law which accusing us or defending us according with our good or bad actions...

Well I cannot speak for all people here but I have posted to you directly what I believe and have not said any of the things you have stated or posted about so your post and scriptures are not relevant are they?

I do not even know of anyone in this forum that has said or believes anything you have been posting about to be perfectly honest or can I see how what your posting is relevant to the OP.

God's people in the old and new covenants, although the process of forgivness was different ( sin offerings pointing to Jesus) are all saved by the same way and that is only by faith (read HEBREWS 11 and JAMES 2).

Those in the old covenant looked forward by faith to the coming of the Messiah and God's true lamb of God to take away the sins of the world and those after the cross look back in faith to the Messiah and God's true lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world *JOHN 1:29.

The old and new testament scriptures togeth are the two great witnesses that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation (the Gospel) for all mankind.

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well I cannot speak for all people here but I have posted to you directly what I believe and have not said any of the things you have stated or posted about so your post and scriptures are not relevant are they?

I do not even know of anyone in this forum that has said or believes anything you have been posting about to be perfectly honest or can I see how what your posting is relevant to the OP.

God's people in the old and new covenants, although the process of forgivness was different ( sin offerings pointing to Jesus) are all saved by the same way and that is only by faith (read HEBREWS 11 and JAMES 2).

Those in the old covenant looked forward by faith to the coming of the Messiah and God's true lamb of God to take away the sins of the world and those after the cross look back in faith to the Messiah and God's true lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world *JOHN 1:29.

The old and new testament scriptures togeth are the two great witnesses that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation (the Gospel) for all mankind.

Hope this helps
Nothing is irrelevant if it comes to talking about the bible, it all connected unless you know how...Law and faith are fulfilled in different ways...but it seems you mix them up..

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nothing is irrelevant if it comes to talking about the bible, it all connected unless you know how...Law and faith are fulfilled in different ways...but it seems you mix them up..

It was irrelavent from the fact that no one was saying and believing what you were claiming they were and not relavant to the OP or the discussion here.

Upvote 0

pasifika

Apr 1, 2019
Waikato
✟163,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was irrelavent from the fact that no one was saying and believing what you were claiming they were and not relavant to the OP or the discussion here.
Well I can see where you're coming from...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Thankyou

Here is the post that your link goes to.

Its the same post you keep repeating.

There is not one single verse of scripture from Jesus that commands the church as to how we are to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

Look forward to your reply so we can continue our discussion.

Please use scripture.

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Here is the post that your link goes to.

Its the same post you keep repeating.

There is not one single verse of scripture from Jesus that commands the church as to how we are to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

Look forward to your reply so we can continue our discussion.

Please use scripture.

JLB

Thankyou

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,826.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi JLB, I too would like to know the formula LGW would come up with. What I do know is how I and the folks I went to church with (SDA) spent the day while I rubbed elbows with them. Some would make it to Sabbath school and we would study from the quarterly that was prepared usually by someone from the hierarchy. The discussion would most always end up with Ellen White's opinion on the subject. Sometimes I played the Devil's advocate and was attacked with Sister White quotes. They knew their Sister White much better than the scripture I presented. The church service was usually full house. Beautiful music, concerns for others, announcements and interesting sermons. Many of the pastors I sat under preached grace filled sermons. I was lucky in this sense. The first pastor I had was very legalistic which of course swayed me in that direction along with many in the congregation. I had better get back on how Sabbath was kept. After the service people would meet in the vestibule to chat about most any subject we had on our minds like getting the guys together at the golf course tomorrow for a round or talking about Joe's new buick. Woman would compliment each other on their apparel and other women talk. After church some would sneak over to a restaurant for lunch. We knew that from the gossip chain. The rest of us would go home, some to prepared meals made the day before and some that couldn't get everything done the day before would have to start from scratch. In the afternoon some would go on nature walks at the surrounding parks, some would do lay activities (nap) and some would visit friends. I did a lot of visiting so I know what was said in those visits and it was not usually about Holy topics. We were told early on that we should not visit our families because they were not learned in our ways and they might have the TV on or our conversations would not be of a Holy nature. As the day went on our children would keep asking when Sabbath would be over so that they could get on with the things they liked to do. I have to admit I looked forward to it ending too. Oh yes, sometimes we would go to vespers until the sun set.

According to our friends, my wife and I Fridays were hectic to say the least. We always had a list of so many things to get done before the sun set and so many times the list had undone items or we would not guard the edges (SDA cliche for stop doing domestic things a jif before the sun set.) and do some things like getting our baths. Only we knew of course. I should have studied the Sabbath school quarterly but invariably I would fall asleep, so all I really did was to glance at it and in class would fake it. I became pretty good at it. I presume I was not alone. Speaking of faking it, even if we had something really bothering us Sabbath was the day to fake it and put on that big smile so that no one could tell something was not right.

That is a glimpse of Sabbath "keeping" I observed concerning those I know and even myself. This is my story and I am sticking with it.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi JLB, I too would like to know the formula LGW would come up with. What I do know is how I and the folks I went to church with (SDA) spent the day while I rubbed elbows with them. Some would make it to Sabbath school and we would study from the quarterly that was prepared usually by someone from the hierarchy. The discussion would most always end up with Ellen White's opinion on the subject. Sometimes I played the Devil's advocate and was attacked with Sister White quotes. They knew their Sister White much better than the scripture I presented. The church service was usually full house. Beautiful music, concerns for others, announcements and interesting sermons. Many of the pastors I sat under preached grace filled sermons. I was lucky in this sense. The first pastor I had was very legalistic which of course swayed me in that direction along with many in the congregation. I had better get back on how Sabbath was kept. After the service people would meet in the vestibule to chat about most any subject we had on our minds like getting the guys together at the golf course tomorrow for a round or talking about Joe's new buick. Woman would compliment each other on their apparel and other women talk. After church some would sneak over to a restaurant for lunch. We knew that from the gossip chain. The rest of us would go home, some to prepared meals made the day before and some that couldn't get everything done the day before would have to start from scratch. In the afternoon some would go on nature walks at the surrounding parks, some would do lay activities (nap) and some would visit friends. I did a lot of visiting so I know what was said in those visits and it was not usually about Holy topics. We were told early on that we should not visit our families because they were not learned in our ways and they might have the TV on or our conversations would not be of a Holy nature. As the day went on our children would keep asking when Sabbath would be over so that they could get on with the things they liked to do. I have to admit I looked forward to it ending too. Oh yes, sometimes we would go to vespers until the sun set.

According to our friends, my wife and I Fridays were hectic to say the least. We always had a list of so many things to get done before the sun set and so many times the list had undone items or we would not guard the edges (SDA cliche for stop doing domestic things a jif before the sun set.) and do some things like getting our baths. Only we knew of course. I should have studied the Sabbath school quarterly but invariably I would fall asleep, so all I really did was to glance at it and in class would fake it. I became pretty good at it. I presume I was not alone. Speaking of faking it, even if we had something really bothering us Sabbath was the day to fake it and put on that big smile so that no one could tell something was not right.

That is a glimpse of Sabbath "keeping" I observed concerning those I know and even myself. This is my story and I am sticking with it.

Sorry Bob but your negative experiences are something l have never experienced before and is not common. The formular I am using if your interested is called the Word of God although I cannot take any credit for it as it is there for all to see, read and believe through prayer by God's guidence. For me I love God and the Sabbath is a blessing that we cannot wait for as a family. A day dedicated soley to God to rest in His love because we love him who made us and saves us from our sins. Did you have something to share in relation to the OP Bob? We should not look to people but to the Word of God to find JESUS dear friend.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.