Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You misunderstand the way the Pharisees misunderstood.

For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”
Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. John 5:16-18

• My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.

Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Genesis 2:1-2

Genesis 2 is pointing to the Seventh Day of rest when Jesus returns and Judges all and removes the wicked.

We have been here since Adam 6000 years and are coming upon the prophetic Day of rest, which last 1000 years, and is referred to in Hebrews as the rest to come.

Please show me from the scriptures where His people attended a
Seventh Day Adventist Church on Saturday, before the law of Moses was added.

JLB

Not at all I posted scripture and it is God's Word not mine that says that the Sabbath points back to creation not me in EXODUS 20:8-11 and that God's 4th commandment Sabbath is a part of the FINISHED word of creation when there was no sin and not shadow laws of Moses and mankind was in perfect harmony with God *GENESIS 2:1-3. They are Gods' Words not mine. Do you not believe them?

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How many commandments are there in God's 10 commandments; 9; 10 or 613? Here is a hint *EXODUS 34:28; DEUTERONOMY 4:13; DEUTERONOMY 10:4

Do you believe blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a sin?

How about sorcery?

Is it ok to drink blood?

How about fornication?

Is homosexuality a sin?

Is having sex with animals a sin.

Are these part of the “10” Commandments?

His Commandments are written on our heart and mind.

Here’s a few more.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

Hope this helps.

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please show us where Jesus commanded the Church to attend a Seventh Day Adventist meeting on the Sabbath. JLB

Please show us where it says that God's 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

I asked you some questions earlier please do not expect me to answer any more of yours when you choose to ignore the scriptures shared with you and you make no effort to answer the questions asked of you.

How do you know what sin is when according to the scriptures it is God's 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when they are broken? ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4?

You do know according to the scriptures if we have been given a knowledge of the truth of God's Word and we reject it in order to continue in known unrepentant sin (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) there remains no more sacrifice for sin but a fearful looking forward to of the judgment to come right? What do you think ACTS 17:30-31 and HEBREWS 10:26-27 mean in your view?

How many commandments are there in God's 10 commandments; 9; 10 or 613? Here is a hint *EXODUS 34:28; DEUTERONOMY 4:13; DEUTERONOMY 10:4

Where does it say in the scriptures that God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not at all I posted scripture and it is God's Word not mine that says that the Sabbath points back to creation not me in EXODUS 20:8-11 and that God's 4th commandment Sabbath is a part of the FINISHED word of creation when there was no sin and not shadow laws of Moses and mankind was in perfect harmony with God *GENESIS 2:1-3. They are Gods' Words not mine. Do you not believe them?

This is God’s word —

You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:14-15

Do you observe this?

If not then why?

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

How about sorcery?

Is it ok to drink blood?

How about fornication?

Is homosexuality a sin?

His Commandments are written on our heart and mind.

Here’s a few more.

Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:19-21

Hope this helps.

JLB

Sure we are to live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Where does it say that God's 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please show us where it says that God's 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

I asked you some questions earlier please do not expect me to answer any more of yours when you choose to ignore the scriptures shared with you and you make no effort to answer the questions asked of you.

How do you know what sin is when according to the scriptures it is God's 10 commandments that give us a knowledge of what sin is when they are broken? ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4?

You do know according to the scriptures if we have been given a knowledge of the truth of God's Word and we reject it in order to continue in known unrepentant sin (breaking any one of God's 10 commandments) there remains no more sacrifice for sin but a fearful looking forward to of the judgment to come right? What do you think ACTS 17:30-31 and HEBREWS 10:26-27 mean in your view?

Where does it say in the scriptures that God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

The Sabbath is still a day for man to rest.

The ordinances required by the law of Moses have been abolished.

Hope this helps.

How about sorcery?

Is it ok to drink blood?

How about fornication?

Is homosexuality a sin?

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is God’s word —

You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Exodus 31:14-15

Do you observe this?

If not then why?

JLB

Already answered this post some time back. Your just repeating yourself. Your turn where does it say in God's Word that God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Sabbath is still a day for man to rest.

The ordinances required by the law of Moses have been abolished.

Hope this helps.

How about sorcery?

Is it ok to drink blood?

How about fornication?

Is homosexuality a sin?

JLB

Ok if the seventh day Sabbath is still to be observed, do you keep it and if not why not if you do not believe God's 4th commandment Sabbath has not been abolished?

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sure we are to live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Where does it say that God's 4th commandment has now been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

Where is the word that proceeds out of His mouth to join an organization called Seventh Day Adventist, and abide by their rules?

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Where is the word that proceeds out of His mouth to join an organization called Seventh Day Adventist, and abide by their rules?

JLB
It is called the bible or the Word of God. As posted above if according to you, the seventh day Sabbath is still to be observed, do you keep God's 4th commandment and if not why not if you do not believe God's 4th commandment Sabbath has not been abolished?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Already answered this post some time back. Your just repeating yourself. Your turn where does it say in God's Word that God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day?

Your just repeating yourself.

Please post the scriptures where God Commanded His people to be called Adventist’s and join an organization called the Seventh Day Adventist Church?

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your just repeating yourself.

Please post the scriptures where God Commanded His people to be called Adventist’s and join an organization called the Seventh Day Adventist Church?

JLB

Wrong answer. I asked you some questions and have only provided scriptures to answer your questions, are you not going to answer my questions?

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is called the bible or the Word of God. As posted above if according to you, the seventh day Sabbath is still to be observed, do you keep it and if not why not if you do not believe God's 4th commandment Sabbath has not been abolished?

What Chapter and verse in the Bible commands us to be called Adventist’s and join an organization called the Seventh Day Adventist Church?

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wrong answer. I asked you some questions are you not going to answer them?

Please answer my question.

What Chapter and verse in the Bible commands us to be called Adventist’s and join an organization called the Seventh Day Adventist Church?

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

JLB

Your question is not relevant. There is no scripture in relation to church names accept ISRAEL and being none has nothing to do with God's 4th commandment. Now where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? - Let me help you. There is no scripture.

As posted above if according to you, the seventh day Sabbath is still to be observed, do you keep God's 4th commandment? If not why not if you do not believe God's 4th commandment Sabbath has not been abolished? Take your time. I have spent a lot of time answering all of your questions. Please take some time to answer mine.

Thankyou.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your question is not relevant. There is no scripture in relation to church names accept ISRAEL and being none has nothing to do with God's 4th commandment. Now where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? - Let me help you. There is no scripture.

As posted above if according to you, the seventh day Sabbath is still to be observed, do you keep God's 4th commandment? If not why not if you do not believe God's 4th commandment Sabbath has not been abolished? Take your time. I have spent a lot of time answering all of your questions. Please take some time to answer mine.

Thankyou.

Your going to have to do better than dismiss my questions as irrelevant.

Where does this come from if not the Bible?

I guess before that it was the Millerite's.

JLB

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your going to have to do better than dismiss my questions as irrelevant.

Where does this come from if not the Bible?

I guess before that it was the Millerite's.

JLB

Wrong answer again. I posted your question was not relevant because there is no scripture in relation to church names past the times the bible was written accept ISRAEL and being none has nothing to do with God's 4th commandment.

Now where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? - Let me help you. There is no scripture.

If you do not want to answer my questions just say so. I can understand why you do not and I am sure we both have better things to do with our time.

Thankyou.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wrong answer again. I posted your question was not relevant because there is no scripture in relation to church names past the times the bible was written accept ISRAEL and being none has nothing to do with God's 4th commandment.

Now where is the scripture that says God's 4th commandment has been abolished and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day? - Let me help you. There is no scripture.

If you do not want to answer my questions just say so. I can understand why you do not and I am sure we both have better things to do with our time.

Thankyou.

Wrong answer.

Here is my question—

JLB

Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We have been here since Adam 6000 years and are coming upon the prophetic Day of rest, which last 1000 years, and is referred to in Hebrews as the rest to come.

Please show me where, in Hebrews 4, or Genesis 2, Or Exodus 20, or anywhere else in the Bible that mentions the Sabbath, it refers to the Millenium. Not that I am at odds with your theory entirely, but it is of no consequence concerning the command to remember and keep.
There was no Christian "Church," per se, of any kind before the "law of Moses." What purpose does a rhetorical question such as this serve?

A repetition of terms such as "law of Moses" and words such as "it," "law," 'against," "until," etc., suggests an exclusive/novel/out-of-balance point of view to me.

*Luk 2:22* And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;

*Luk 24:44* And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

*Joh 1:45* Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

*Joh 7:19* Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

*Joh 7:23* If a man on the sabbath day receive circumcision, that the law of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I have made a man every whit whole on the sabbath day?

Do you honestly believe that all of these references to the law of Moses point to the same exact thing?

Frankly, I can't see the point of your objections/arguments. It seems you are saying that we must either keep the Sabbath as simply as it is described in the fourth commandment, or else we must observe it according to every jot and tittle of the theocratic civil ordinances of ancient Israel, as if there were nothing else the Bible has to say on the subject. Your definition of the "law of Moses" is ambiguous, at best. An emphasis on the sabbath as a prophecy of the Millenium is, in light of the entire testimony of Scripture, a case of "majoring in minors."

Please make your objections clear instead of asking pointed, loaded questions. Do you believe the Sabbath was nailed to the cross or not? If not, how do you believe the Sabbath should be kept. You've made it clear that you believe in the Millenial-Sabbath connection. If you have something to share from Scripture in support of its importance, please do so candidly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jesse Johnson

Mar 2, 2020
Northeast
✟7,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe you are under the law of Moses, and the ordinances of that law?
We are under the purview of every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. It really is that simple if we believe that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.
John 7:17

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.