Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I was reading your first post on this thread and I read the following paragraph that you wrote.

You stated in this paragraph, 'annual ceremonial sabbath days', so I was wondering how you derived that intepretation? The phrase in Colossians 2:16, says, 'Sabbath day', it does not say, 'annual ceremonial sabbath day'.

Hello David,

I was just scrolling some old posts and noticed for some I did not respond to this post. Thanks for this. This is written down the first page in the OP here on page one PART 5 in post # 8.

Key scriptures.

HOSEA 2:11 [11], I will stop all her celebrations: her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days and all her appointed festivals.

Within the yearly festivals there were "special Sabbath" besides the days of Holy convocation that no work was to be done. These were different to the seventh day weekly Sabbath of God's 4th Commandment. It had a different purpose in relation to the festival that it was linked to and unlike the 4th Commandment which was strictly only every seventh day, these "special Sabbaths" could fall on ANY DAY of the week depending on the yearly cycle.

Besides the days of holy convocation (type of Sabbaton in the Greek) which could also fall on any day. There were three "special Sabbaths" that were connected to annual festivals that could fall on any day of the week.

These included;

1. Feasts of Trumpets
(Lev 23:24) 2. Day of Atonement (Lev 23:32)
3. Feast of Booths (Lev 23:39).

These "special annual Sabbaths" in v24 in relation to the feast of trumpets in the Hebrew is called; שַׁבָּתוֹן; shabbâthôwn, shab-baw-thone´; from 7676; a sabbatism or special holiday:—rest, sabbath.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello David,

I was just scrolling some old posts and noticed for some I did not respond to this post. Thanks for this. This is written down the first page in the OP here on page one PART 5 in post # 8.

Key scriptures.

HOSEA 2:11 [11], I will stop all her celebrations: her yearly festivals, her New Moons, her Sabbath days and all her appointed festivals.

Within the yearly festivals there were "special Sabbath" besides the days of Holy convocation that no work was to be done. These were different to the seventh day weekly Sabbath of God's 4th Commandment. It had a different purpose in relation to the festival that it was linked to and unlike the 4th Commandment which was strictly only every seventh day, these "special Sabbaths" could fall on ANY DAY of the week depending on the yearly cycle.

Besides the days of holy convocation (type of Sabbaton in the Greek) which could also fall on any day. There were three "special Sabbaths" that were connected to annual festivals that could fall on any day of the week.

These included;

1. Feasts of Trumpets
(Lev 23:24) 2. Day of Atonement (Lev 23:32)
3. Feast of Booths (Lev 23:39).

These "special annual Sabbaths" in v24 in relation to the feast of trumpets in the Hebrew is called; שַׁבָּתוֹן; shabbâthôwn, shab-baw-thone´; from 7676; a sabbatism or special holiday:—rest, sabbath.

Hope this helps.
What are you talking about here?

The Colossians never had the ceremonial law as you call it, the Colossians were Gentiles. So how could the Colossians be judged on the basis of these Jewish festivals by others?

You must be under the impression that the Colossians were under the entire law of Moses.

• Agree
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
What are you talking about here?

The Colossians never had the ceremonial law as you call it, the Colossians were Gentiles. So how could the Colossians be judged on the basis of these Jewish festivals by others?

You must be under the impression that the Colossians were under the entire law of Moses.

Hi David,

Good question. It is because they had Jewish believers at the time trying to get them to follow these shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT in order to be saved when they already have fulfillment in Christ. Circumcision is a good example (See Acts 15:1-2; Colossians 2:11 etc)

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Jews were not "trying" they did the act. And the act was not trying to get them to believe shadow laws. There is no evidence of that happening. Paul wrote that they accomplished the Galatians to believe they had to keep the Sinai covenant. The "law" Paul spoke of in Gal 3:10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.

The 10 commandments were written in the book of the law along with every other command God gave Israel. By the way, the laws of love were part of the book not found in the 10.

We spend our time having to correct those who have an agenda to try to make us believe we have to "keep" a command that was done away instead of spreading the real Gospel of Love. 2cor3:7-11

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi David,

Good question. It is because they had Jewish believers at the time trying to get them to follow these shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT in order to be saved when they already have fulfillment in Christ. Circumcision is a good example (See Acts 15:1-2; Colossians 2:11 etc)
Where does it say shadow laws from the Mosaic book of the covenant?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Jews were not "trying" they did the act. And the act was not trying to get them to believe shadow laws. There is no evidence of that happening.

Hello Bob, God's Word disagrees with you...

ACT 15:1-2 [1], And certain men who came down from Judea taught the brethren, and said, Except you be circumcised after the manner of Moses, you cannot be saved.
[2], When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.
Paul wrote that they accomplished the Galatians to believe they had to keep the Sinai covenant. The "law" Paul spoke of in Gal 3:10 For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.
Bob, no one is saved by the works of the law.
The 10 commandments were written in the book of the law along with every other command God gave Israel. By the way, the laws of love were part of the book not found in the 10.

Indeed they were also written by God on stone. This was recorded in the Book of the Covenant. That is the difference. Once was written by God himself where are the Mosaic BOOK of the COVENANT only recorded what God did.

If you are not a part of God's Israel in the NEW COVENANT Bob, you have no part in the NEW COVENANT. (GALATIANS 3:28-29; ROMANS 9:6-8; ROMANS 2:28-29; COLOSSIANS 3:11; ROMANS 10:11-13; EZEKIEL 36:26-27; JEREMIAH 31:33-34; HEBREWS 8:10-12). Gentiles are now grafted in (ROMANS 11:16-27)

It seems God's Word disagrees with you here Bob.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Where does it say shadow laws from the Mosaic book of the covenant?

Hello David, you still have not read the OP have you?

COL 2:17 [17], Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

HEBREWS 8:5 [5], Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, says he, that you make all things according to the pattern showed to you in the mount.

HEBREWS 10:1-4 [1], For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the ones approaching perfect. [2], For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because the worshipers once purged should have had no more consciousness of sins. [3], But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year. [4], For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

These were all ceremonial shadow laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT for remission of sin (Levitical Priest hood; Sanctuary service, sin offerings in ecclesiastical law)

EXODUS 24:7 And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the hearing of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

DEUTERONOMY 29:21
And the LORD shall separate him unto evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the covenant that are written in this book of the law.

DEUTERONOMY 31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it by the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.

Too many scriptures in the op. Please read it.

Hope this helps..

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would someone please show us where the following verses tell us we are grafted into Israel

Rom11:16 Again, here is what I ask. The Israelites didn’t trip and fall once and for all time, did they? Not at all! Because Israel sinned, the Gentiles can be saved. That will make Israel jealous of them. 12 Israel’s sin brought riches to the world. Their loss brings riches to the Gentiles. So then what greater riches will come when all Israel turns to God!

13 I am talking to you who are not Jews. I am the apostle to the Gentiles. So I take pride in the work I do for God and others. 14 I hope somehow to stir up my own people to want what you have. Perhaps I can save some of them. 15 When they were not accepted, it became possible for the whole world to be brought back to God. So what will happen when they are accepted? It will be like life from the dead. 16 The first handful of dough that is offered is holy. This makes all of the dough holy. If the root is holy, so are the branches.

17 Some of the natural branches have been broken off. You are a wild olive branch. But you have been joined to the tree with the other branches. Now you enjoy the life-giving sap of the olive tree root. 18 So don’t think you are better than the other branches. Remember, you don’t give life to the root. The root gives life to you. 19 You will say, “Some branches were broken off so that I could be joined to the tree.” 20 That’s true. But they were broken off because they didn’t believe. You stand only because you do believe. So don’t be proud, but tremble. 21 God didn’t spare the natural branches. He won’t spare you either.

22 Think about how kind God is! Also think about how firm he is! He was hard on those who stopped following him. But he is kind to you. So you must continue to live in his kindness. If you don’t, you also will be cut off. 23 If the people of Israel do not continue in their unbelief, they will again be joined to the tree. God is able to join them to the tree again. 24 After all, weren’t you cut from a wild olive tree? Weren’t you joined to an olive tree that was taken care of? And wasn’t that the opposite of how things should be done? How much more easily will the natural branches be joined to their own olive tree!

All Israel Will Be Saved
25 Brothers and sisters, here is a mystery I want you to understand. It will keep you from being proud. Part of Israel has refused to obey God. That will continue until the full number of Gentiles has entered God’s kingdom. 26 In this way all Israel will be saved. It is written,

“The God who saves will come from Mount Zion.
He will remove sin from Jacob’s family.
27 Here is my covenant with them.
I will take away their sins.” (Isaiah 59:20,21; 27:9;Jeremiah 31:33,34)

28 As far as the good news is concerned, the people of Israel are enemies. This is for your good. But as far as God’s choice is concerned, the people of Israel are loved. This is because of God’s promises to the founders of our nation. 29 God does not take back his gifts. He does not change his mind about those he has chosen. 30 At one time you did not obey God. But now you have received mercy because Israel did not obey. 31 In the same way, Israel has not been obeying God. But now they receive mercy because of God’s mercy to you. 32 God has found everyone guilty of not obeying him. So now he can have mercy on everyone.

Had Israel obeyed the covenant that they agreed they would, Jesus would not have come and no one would be saved today. The plan of salvation designed before the foundation of the Earth planned the events that happened. The Godhead knew that Israel would fail and Jesus would come to save not only Israel, but all mankind.

In the above verses the root is Jesus. Jesus is where all mankind have been and will be attached. Israel was the branches and where do the verses tell us we will be grafted into the branches?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SDAs would have us believe that they too believe salvation comes by faith and not by the works of the law. If that is true then why is it written in the prophet's book that salvation depends on "keeping" the Sabbath? If that is not salvation by works would someone please show us where it is not.

It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." {6T 356.4}

How would one go about "keeping" the Sabbath Holy? Do we follow the lives of the ones who claim to be keeping it Holy? The whole nation of Israel failed to keep it Holy, so are SDAs able to do something they couldn't? SDAs tell us that God's law does not change, so Jesus didn't change the rules for Sabbath "keeping" like they like to tell us. Speaking any idle word on the Holy day would negate "keeping" and I do not have evidence that any SDA has ever achieved that part let alone the many other aspects of observance. If they really believe they have to "keep" it in order to attain eternal salvation. it would seem that all of them are in a lost state.

P. S. telling me: "Bob, no one is saved by the works of the law" seems to me that the real story is not being told, according to the written words of the holy prophet who is supposed to be the "pen of inspiration" and the lesser light.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
SDAs would have us believe that they too believe salvation comes by faith and not by the works of the law. If that is true then why is it written in the prophet's book that salvation depends on "keeping" the Sabbath? If that is not salvation by works would someone please show us where it is not.

It means eternal salvation to keep the Sabbath holy unto the Lord. God says: "Them that honor Me I will honor." {6T 356.4}

How would one go about "keeping" the Sabbath Holy? Do we follow the lives of the ones who claim to be keeping it Holy? The whole nation of Israel failed to keep it Holy, so are SDAs able to do something they couldn't? SDAs tell us that God's law does not change, so Jesus didn't change the rules for Sabbath "keeping" like they like to tell us. Speaking any idle word on the Holy day would negate "keeping" and I do not have evidence that any SDA has ever achieved that part let alone the many other aspects of observance. If they really believe they have to "keep" it in order to attain eternal salvation. it would seem that all of them are in a lost state.

P. S. telling us: "Bob, no one is saved by the works of the law" seems to me that the real story is not being told, according to the written words of the holy prophet who is supposed to be the "pen of inspiration" and the lesser light. Is not the greatest light enough to bring us to Him?

Now Bob, that is not true the context of what your quoting is in relation to the preparation for the Sabbath.

None enter into God's Kingdom by living a life on KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN now will they Bob?

We are ONLY saved by GRACE through FAITH and NOT of ourselves it is a GIFT of GOD and NOT of WORKS lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8)

If your FAITH does not have the FRUIT of OBEDIENCE then you are still in your SINS because you have rejected God's he GIFT of God's dear son (James 2:18; 20; 26; James 2:8-12). If your tree has no FRUIT then it will be cast down and thrown into the fire (Matt 7:12-23; Hebrews 10:26-27).

Many do not know why God has given us GRACE and FAITH...

Many will come to him on that day saying; Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work SIN (iniquity) (Matthew 7:21-23)

They had a form of Godliness but denied God's power of salvation from SIN (1 Tim 3:1-5) and did not KNOW him

HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU KNOW GOD?

1 John 2
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4, He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

1 John 3
And every man that has this hope in him purifies himself, even as he is pure.
4, Whoever commits sin transgresses also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
And you know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
6, Whoever stays in him sins not: whoever sins has not seen him, neither known him.
7, Little children, let no man deceive you:
he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8, He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9, Whoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
10, In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

WHO ARE GOD'S PEOPLE?

Revelation 12
And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ

Revelation 14
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

WHO ARE THOSE THAT RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE?

Revelation 22
14, Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life,
and may enter in through the gates into the city.

WHAT IS GRACE FOR?

ROMANS 1:5, By whom we have received GRACE and apostleship, FOR OBEDIENCE TO THE FAITH among all nations, for his name.

Romans 6:1-2, [1] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. [2], How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

DOES FAITH ABOLISH GOD'S LAW?

ROMANS 3:31 [31], Do we then ABOLISH THE LAW THROUGH FAITH? GOD FORBID: YES, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW.

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THOSE WHO CONTINUE IN SIN ONCE THEY RECEIVE A KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH?

HEBREWS 10:26-27 [26], For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, [27], But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Indeed, those who CONTINUE IN SIN will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has lead many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Hope this helps Bob.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Would someone please show us where the following verses tell us we are grafted into Israel

Rom11:16 Again, here is what I ask. The Israelites didn’t trip and fall once and for all time, did they? Not at all! Because Israel sinned, the Gentiles can be saved. That will make Israel jealous of them. 12 Israel’s sin brought riches to the world. Their loss brings riches to the Gentiles. So then what greater riches will come when all Israel turns to God!

13 I am talking to you who are not Jews. I am the apostle to the Gentiles. So I take pride in the work I do for God and others. 14 I hope somehow to stir up my own people to want what you have. Perhaps I can save some of them. 15 When they were not accepted, it became possible for the whole world to be brought back to God. So what will happen when they are accepted? It will be like life from the dead. 16 The first handful of dough that is offered is holy. This makes all of the dough holy. If the root is holy, so are the branches.

17 Some of the natural branches have been broken off. You are a wild olive branch. But you have been joined to the tree with the other branches. Now you enjoy the life-giving sap of the olive tree root. 18 So don’t think you are better than the other branches. Remember, you don’t give life to the root. The root gives life to you. 19 You will say, “Some branches were broken off so that I could be joined to the tree.” 20 That’s true. But they were broken off because they didn’t believe. You stand only because you do believe. So don’t be proud, but tremble. 21 God didn’t spare the natural branches. He won’t spare you either.

22 Think about how kind God is! Also think about how firm he is! He was hard on those who stopped following him. But he is kind to you. So you must continue to live in his kindness. If you don’t, you also will be cut off. 23 If the people of Israel do not continue in their unbelief, they will again be joined to the tree. God is able to join them to the tree again. 24 After all, weren’t you cut from a wild olive tree? Weren’t you joined to an olive tree that was taken care of? And wasn’t that the opposite of how things should be done? How much more easily will the natural branches be joined to their own olive tree!

All Israel Will Be Saved
25 Brothers and sisters, here is a mystery I want you to understand. It will keep you from being proud. Part of Israel has refused to obey God. That will continue until the full number of Gentiles has entered God’s kingdom. 26 In this way all Israel will be saved. It is written,

“The God who saves will come from Mount Zion.
He will remove sin from Jacob’s family.
27 Here is my covenant with them.
I will take away their sins.” (Isaiah 59:20,21; 27:9;Jeremiah 31:33,34)

28 As far as the good news is concerned, the people of Israel are enemies. This is for your good. But as far as God’s choice is concerned, the people of Israel are loved. This is because of God’s promises to the founders of our nation. 29 God does not take back his gifts. He does not change his mind about those he has chosen. 30 At one time you did not obey God. But now you have received mercy because Israel did not obey. 31 In the same way, Israel has not been obeying God. But now they receive mercy because of God’s mercy to you. 32 God has found everyone guilty of not obeying him. So now he can have mercy on everyone.

Had Israel obeyed the covenant that they agreed they would, Jesus would not have come and no one would be saved today. The plan of salvation designed before the foundation of the Earth planned the events that happened. The Godhead knew that Israel would fail and Jesus would come to save not only Israel, but all mankind.

In the above verses the root is Jesus. Jesus is where all mankind have been and will be attached. Israel was the branches and where do the verses tell us we will be grafted into the branches?

Here you go Bob, let's go through the scriptures...

God's ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.

WHO ARE GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT?

There is no such thing as Jew or Greek anymore. All who believe and follow God's Word are one in Christ. Israel in the OLD COVENANT were those from the seed of Abraham. In the NEW COVENANT, if you are in Christ then you are Abrahams seed and heirs according to the promise...

GALATIANS 3:28-29 [28], THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS [29], and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.

God's true ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are not by name only but all those in Christ. Those of the FLESH (sinful human nature) are not Abrahams seed but those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God in Christ are God's ISRAEL...

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

God's ISRAEL are all those in CHRIST that have been given a NEW HEART according to the NEW COVENANT promise...

ROMANS 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

In the NEW COVENANT all those in Christ are are God's ISRAEL...

COLOSSIANS 3:11 [11], WHERE THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: BUT CHRIST IS ALL IN ALL.

ROMANS 10:11-13 [11], For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [12], FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JEW OR GREEK: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.

The New Covenant is for God's Israel...

EZEKIEL 36:26-27 [26], A NEW HEART WILL I GIVE YOU, AND A NEW SPIRIT WILL I PUT WITHIN YOU; AND I WILL TAKE AWAY THE STONY HEART OUT OF YOUR FLESH, AND GIVE YOU A HEART OF FLESH. [27], AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES AND YOU SHALL KEEP MY JUDGEMENTS AND DO THEM.

and again...

JEREMIAH 31:33-34 [33], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS,AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Paul proclaims it here...

HEBREWS 8:10-12 [10], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The NEW COVENANT is for GOD'S ISRAEL which represent those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God’s WORD.

If you are not part of GOD'S ISRAEL then you are not a part of the NEW COVENANT (Hebrews 8:10-12).

GENTILES are now grafted in...

ROMANS 11:16-27
[16], For if the firstfruit are holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root is holy, so are the branches.

The root represents Christ...

[17], And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them partake of the root and fatness of the olive tree.

The Jewish and the Gentile believers are the branches grafted onto the root (Christ)...

[18], Boast not against the branches. But if you boast, you bear not the root, but the root you.
[19], You will say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.
[20], Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Be not arrogant, but fear:

God's ISRAEL are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD...

[21], For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also not spare you.
[22], Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in his goodness: otherwise you also shall be cut off.
[23], And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again.
[24], For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, who are the natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
[25], For I would not, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles comes in.
[26], And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Zion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

The NEW COVENANT is for both Jews and Greek, bond and free, all those who are in Christ. All in Christ are the seed of Abraham and heirs according to the promise.

[27], For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT.

Hope this helps Bob.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The root of the Olive tree is Jesus Christ. The branches of the tree are sustained and nourished by the root of the tree. Branches cannot sustain other branches. Why would any thinking person ever believe that gentiles be grafted on branches most of which had fallen off. There is no verse in all of scripture that says Christians are grafted into Israel. That idea does not exist in the scriptures. The idea that Christians are grafted into Israel is ludacris. We are grafted into the root, Jesus Christ just as are the Israelites who have accepted Jesus as Savior. Jesus sustains all of creation.

Israel was a failure to begin with. Before Moses had a chance to come down out of Mt Sinai the Israelites turned from God that led them out of bondage to worshipping a golden calf. What Christian, in their right mind, would choose to be bonded to such a fickle group of people? How could any thinking person trust Israel to lead them to the real promised land?
Eph 2:
14 Christ himself is our peace. He has made Jews and Gentiles into one group of people. He has destroyed the hatred that was like a wall between us. 15 Through his body on the cross, Christ set aside the law with all its commands and rules. He planned to create one new people out of Jews and Gentiles. He wanted to make peace between them. 16 He planned to bring both Jews and Gentiles back to God as one body. He planned to do this through the cross. On that cross, Christ put to death their hatred toward one another. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away. He also preached peace to those who were near. 18 Through Christ we both come to the Father by the power of one Holy Spirit.

Through Christ, not the Israelites, gentiles come to the Father. Israelites come to the Father through Christ. We are all one in grafted into Jesus the Root..

19 So you are no longer outsiders and strangers. You are citizens together with God’s people. You are also members of God’s family. 20 You are a building that is built on the apostles and prophets. They are the foundation. Christ Jesus himself is the most important stone in the building. 21 The whole building is held together by him. It rises to become a holy temple because it belongs to the Lord. 22 And because you belong to him, you too are being built together. You are being made into a house where God lives through his Spirit.

I thank God for sending His only begotten Son so that all mankind can be the chosen people. Those who choose Jesus, the Root, Jesus grafts into that root. We are all one because of the Root

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bob quoted Ellen white's words in "Early Writings"

LGW commented and I quote:
"Now Bob, that is not true, the context of what your quoting is in relation to the preparation for the Sabbath."
Red comma is mine to make the sentence understandable.

What does LGW mean it is not true? Nothing we write is true according to him. It is very true, I don't care what the main subject was about. Her statement stands alone and it is not the only time she wrote the same thought. Anyone covering for a false prophet is waste of time especially when the statement is written so plainly. James did a good job transcribing her scribblings.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Bob quoted Ellen white's words in "Early Writings"

LGW commented and I quote:
Red comma is mine to make the sentence understandable.

What does LGW mean it is not true? Nothing we write is true according to him. It is very true, I don't care what the main subject was about. Her statement stands alone and it is not the only time she wrote the same thought. Anyone covering for a false prophet is waste of time especially when the statement is written so plainly. James did a good job transcribing her scribblings.

Hello Bob, nice to see you my friend how are you?

Only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow him who calls us in love to love another. If I did not love you then I would not share God's Word with you because God is love.

Sin is the transgression of God's Law and through God's LAW we have a knowledge of what sin is. (Romans 7:7; Romans 3:20; 1 John 3:4; James 2:8-12)

SIN is still the same as it has always been which is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

Sin will keep all those who knowingly practice it out of God's Kingdom Bob

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The root of the Olive tree is Jesus Christ. The branches of the tree are sustained and nourished by the root of the tree. Branches cannot sustain other branches. Why would any thinking person ever believe that gentiles be grafted on branches most of which had fallen off. There is no verse in all of scripture that says Christians are grafted into Israel. That idea does not exist in the scriptures. The idea that Christians are grafted into Israel is ludacris. We are grafted into the root, Jesus Christ just as are the Israelites who have accepted Jesus as Savior. Jesus sustains all of creation.

Israel was a failure to begin with. Before Moses had a chance to come down out of Mt Sinai the Israelites turned from God that led them out of bondage to worshipping a golden calf. What Christian, in their right mind, would choose to be bonded to such a fickle group of people? How could any thinking person trust Israel to lead them to the real promised land?
Eph 2:
14 Christ himself is our peace. He has made Jews and Gentiles into one group of people. He has destroyed the hatred that was like a wall between us. 15 Through his body on the cross, Christ set aside the law with all its commands and rules. He planned to create one new people out of Jews and Gentiles. He wanted to make peace between them. 16 He planned to bring both Jews and Gentiles back to God as one body. He planned to do this through the cross. On that cross, Christ put to death their hatred toward one another. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away. He also preached peace to those who were near. 18 Through Christ we both come to the Father by the power of one Holy Spirit.

Through Christ, not the Israelites, gentiles come to the Father. Israelites come to the Father through Christ. We are all one in grafted into Jesus the Root..

19 So you are no longer outsiders and strangers. You are citizens together with God’s people. You are also members of God’s family. 20 You are a building that is built on the apostles and prophets. They are the foundation. Christ Jesus himself is the most important stone in the building. 21 The whole building is held together by him. It rises to become a holy temple because it belongs to the Lord. 22 And because you belong to him, you too are being built together. You are being made into a house where God lives through his Spirit.

I thank God for sending His only begotten Son so that all mankind can be the chosen people. Those who choose Jesus, the Root, Jesus grafts into that root. We are all one because of the Root

Hello Bob,

You did not read post # 375 now did you?

If you did please show why you disagree with it (Scripture please).

If you cannot then we must believe God's Word over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

Keep well Bob.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to be shown one verse in all of the Bible that tells me Christians are grafted into Israel. One verse is all I ask. A bunch of verses that beat around the bush will not suffice. In fact, the longer the post the less I will regard it. I want a to the point answer. Nothing more will do. Long drawn out posts that never give straight answers might just as well not have been written.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.