Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
my thoughts -
after reading through some replies it can only be concluded that
few replying have read Romans chapter 6 and even fewer have any comprehension of the effects of the demonic realm when it comes to sexual immorality.

Totally. My sexual immorality (premarital sex, masturbation, self-sodomy, regular sodomy, etcetera) led to the demonic realm of a happy and healthy monogamous marriage of 9 years and counting with the woman I love. OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Reactions: Wiccan_Child
Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Between this and you talking about my big venous throbbing something or other in your mouth, I'm not liking the picture you're painting at all

TMI, what you guys do in the privacy of PM's or. . . . never mind.

Seriously. Sex is good. God said so early on. Just like many of the good things in our world, if it is abused it can be bad. Food is good (well good food is) but if we overeat or eat only certain foods to the exclusion of others (all pork all the time) it becomes bad. A bacon spinach and tomato sandwich will always tend to be healthier than a triple order of bacon. Guns are good in the sense that they efficiently do what they are designed for, yet we have serious problems when they get misused. Electricity, good stuff . . .. fork in outlet, bad plan. Hey, forks . .. . good stuff, especially with pasta. Every good thing is good when it is used correctly or in the right context. We as humans have problems when we use good thing improperly or in the wrong context. Now I am not going to define what those contexts are, it isn't my job. I will simply posit that when used correctly sex is very good. I will extend that to state that where sex is bad, it isn't being done right in some way.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How do you loose with god?

You dont and you cant. People loose when they dont want God in their life , they dont want him to exist, and they dont want him as the ultimate final accountability . You also loose if you live a life according to what a particular humanist Culture promotes for lifestyles . Its a terrible mistake not to return Gods love back to him because of self centeredness. Agree ?

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
You dont and you cant. People loose when they dont want God in their life , they dont want him to exist, and they dont want him as the ultimate final accountability . You also loose if you live a life according to what a particular humanist Culture promotes for lifestyles . Its a terrible mistake not to return Gods love back to him because of self centeredness. Agree ?

Oh, man, that's classic. And you don't even know why.

Upvote 0

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Please expand on that Michael? Are you saying that anyone who desires sex outside of marriage is demonically influenced?

the entire world (system) i believe is influenced by one of two spirits . that of God or that of the anti-Christ . and yes - i know some will wish to enter into long scripture debates .but on this i do not.

when i as young teen did some silly chanting -later i was delivered of a demonic spirit -
folk who get into inappropriate content - if you were to observe them in secret you would see they go into a trance like state -they don't realize they do - it is demonic
rapists do the same -there is a point where they close off human compassion and are given over to an influence ,by choice , demonic influence .

sexual immorality is a sin against ones own flesh it is destructive and everything that destroys a person life comes from the evil one who - came to steal and destroy-
when i look upon a woman on the street and look away again and my mind and heart is in a state of walking in acknowledgement of God in all things - there os no projection of lust thrust toward me (those who understand this will understand this .those who don't will possibly mock -mockery is also demonically influenced)
but when i was in sin - and i looked upon a woman, this weird flesh based flesh fed desire would rush over me from externally and internally ..it made no sense but it was there ... it was an agreement between my sinful flesh and the demonic spirits of sexual immorality - the opposite to the agreement between my spirit and the Holy Spirit which works the result of righteousness ... so the agreement between my flesh and the demonic evil spirit - works the result of unrighteousness

folks like to say a person who speaks like i am speaking is one who see's a spirit under ever shadow ...haha . i don't because i live life seeking the please the Holy Spirit .
but yes - sexual immorality is in defiance of God and is in every aspect from child to aged - demonically inspired .

Reactions: razeontherock
Upvote 0

Michaelismyname

Jun 11, 2012
✟1,230.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's worth it if there is complete trust between the two people participating in it, which could be one of the benefits of abstaining until you're at least in a long term relationship.

Yes sex is natural, but it's something more too, and it's the trust that makes it something more.

the flesh is natural - but it is perishing and cannot enter the kingdom of God.
this is why we are called to die to it and walk after the spirit.

Upvote 0

Wiccan_Child

Contributor
Mar 21, 2005
Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Oh, man, that's classic. And you don't even know why.

Yes...its classic truth that you cant loose following God . The reason why you cant loose is painfully obvious : God is our Creator who loves us unconditionally and has our best interests at hand all the time, he established protective and loving absolute moral laws whereby if we choose to obey them then we wont hurt ourselves, if we choose to be godLESS in our living then there are consequences to our actions . The best payoff from surrendering to God is that he assures us of going to heaven right after this brief interlude of life is done.

Why is living apart from God , shunning him, mocking him and living immorally according to Ones urges and desires.... the proper way to go ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Yes...its classic truth that you cant loose following God . The reason why you cant loose is painfully obvious : God is our Creator who loves us unconditionally and has our best interests at hand all the time, he established protective and loving absolute moral laws whereby if we choose to obey them then we wont hurt ourselves, if we choose to be godLESS in our living then there are consequences to our actions . The best payoff from surrendering to God is that he assures us of going to heaven right after this brief interlude of life is done.

Why is living apart from God , shunning him, mocking him and living immorally according to Ones urges and desires.... the proper way to go ?

Do you actually know a single atheist?

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do you actually know a single atheist?

I know ALOT of people who think they are an 'Atheist' (in actuality, there is no such thing because it takes Faith that is way off the chart as far as a worldview/origins are concerned ) . I used to embrace the philosophical appeal of atheism for about 10 Adult Years of my life because it fit in best with my certain desired lifestyle choices.

Do you know alot of Atheists ?

Upvote 0
I know ALOT of people who think they are an 'Atheist' (in actuality, there is no such thing because it takes Faith that is way off the chart as far as a worldview/origins are concerned ) . I used to embrace the philosophical appeal of atheism for about 10 Adult Years of my life because it fit in best with my certain desired lifestyle choices.

Do you know alot of Atheists ?

So no then.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
I know ALOT of people who think they are an 'Atheist' (in actuality, there is no such thing because it takes Faith that is way off the chart as far as a worldview/origins are concerned ) .

Even if you were correct that being an atheist takes a huge amount of faith, how does that make it that there's no such thing as an atheist? Atheism is merely the lack of belief in a god; the source or reason for that belief is irrelevant.

Also, since you use it is the pejorative sense when talking about atheists, do you consider faith to be a bad thing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, until then, why should anyone, Christian or not, listen to you about atheism when you're ignorant about atheists?

Im not ignorant about them ; I wanted to be one for a good 10 adult years, Ive read all the atheist books from notable authors who claim to be atheist themselves, I hang around people who like to label themselves as an atheist, and ive read the Bible many times on passages that dissect atheism including the motives for wanting to be One. Im very informed as to the ins and outs of atheism and the practice of it.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a "real atheist".

Don't believe in God.... check!

God doesnt believe in real Atheists . Everyone knows , deep down, that it takes a personal theistic Creator (A Person) for the personal things in our Cosmos/Earth/Us. Its just that God is seen as a kill-joy to the immoral fun we so often desire.

Upvote 0
God doesnt believe in real Atheists . Everyone knows , deep down, that it takes a personal theistic Creator (A Person) for the personal things in our Cosmos/Earth/Us. Its just that God is seen as a kill-joy to the immoral fun we so often desire.

That simply isn't true. That's an ignorant fantasy of your's about atheists.

Upvote 0